Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
12/21/12 5:22 p.m.

Fried Oreos at the mitty

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/21/12 5:41 p.m.

This post:

peter wrote: Note: the Mayan Apocalypse is not a good cure for a hangover. Dammit, can't you all breathe more quietly?

Make alot more sense once you read this post:

Curmudgeon wrote: Mayan apocalypse: six Dorito tacos and a six pack of Tecate.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/22/12 1:29 a.m.

Funny how they can predict doomsday, but they couldn't predict the Spanish coming to wipe them out.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/22/12 6:10 a.m.

It being the 22nd and we are still here, looks like they missed that one as well. Damn, can't anyone predict anything centuries in the future accurately? Ya just can't get good help.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
12/22/12 8:37 a.m.

I ate my twinkie stash for THIS!?!?

Bruce

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/22/12 8:42 a.m.
Jerry wrote:

That is just perfect, well played

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/22/12 10:38 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: A co worker of my wife quit her job yesterday morning. The reason she gave was that she believes the world was going to end today. My wife is on vacation and her boss called and told her. I asked if she would be hired back on Monday, I really, really hope she doesn't. Some peoples kids.

please keep us updated on that.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/22/12 10:39 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Jerry wrote:
That is just perfect, well played

Yes

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/22/12 7:03 p.m.

Does anyone even realize that the Mayans didn't ever predict this was going to be the end of the world?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/12 7:22 p.m.

Michael Stipe had it right, "...I feel fine."

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
12/22/12 7:39 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Does anyone even realize that the Mayans didn't ever predict this was going to be the end of the world?

Yup. Some people's interpretation of the ending of the "long count" calendar or whatever was just stupid.

"OMG, the world is going to end on December 31st!!!!!!!!!"

same difference

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/22/12 9:10 p.m.

Where's that crazy bible thumper dude with the Family Radio or whatever that likes to predict the end of the world? His apocalypse was a lot more fun.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/23/12 4:23 a.m.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/4/13 7:37 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: A co worker of my wife quit her job yesterday morning. The reason she gave was that she believes the world was going to end today. My wife is on vacation and her boss called and told her. I asked if she would be hired back on Monday, I really, really hope she doesn't. Some peoples kids.
please keep us updated on that.

Just thought to ask my wife about this today. Apparently her boss let her come back Wed. but she came back to a SERIOUS pay cut.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/4/13 7:43 p.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

Why would you explicitly quit your job? Call in sick for the day. If the world is still there, go to work and act nonchalant. If the world isn't there, nobody's going to be worried that you didn't quit beforehand.

In short, that didn't make any sense even after you get past the part where it didn't make any sense.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/4/13 7:50 p.m.

True. We have had the same discussions. After hearing some of the other crap she has pulled my only logical conclusion is that this chick is a bag full of crazy.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/4/13 8:07 p.m.

with the pay cut maybe she'll quit for real

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GF7VgbcLEcLh5L4LwHzDqkBU7wwTqIy9ARV79kCFwFnph789l4AdaLNCl9CT4pG3