1 2 3
GambleGarage
GambleGarage New Reader
11/15/17 11:37 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

mostly .090 and .125 alumium

Some steel and stainless in 14/16 gauge. I can do 16g stainless 90% dross free. 

Most of my aluminum is dross free. Steel still has good amount of dross

For me personally the thicker it is the less dross I get.  3/16" I was cutting damn near perfect. I still have to get the 14g steel right but it's hard with the stuff I cut is all small detail so there isn't room to ramp up speeds and such. A lot of lincoln guys cut 14g HOT and slow. Like 40 amps 70-80ipm. My stuff would warp too quick with all the detail. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/16/17 1:30 p.m.

In reply to GambleGarage :

good to know. I have great luck with thick metal but the thinner stuff is giving me trouble. I currently cutting at 45 amps at the low end. I thought that was low! I have finecut tips coming soon. 

I have to get some AL to try out. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/25/17 4:06 p.m.
singleslammer said:

Kinks appear to have been sorted out. Let me know if anyone needs something, can deliver to challenge.

I need header flanges for a 3400 for next years challenge car. Can i place by mail order?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/4/17 3:59 p.m.

Do you want to cut some parts for me?  Take DXFs?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/4/17 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Absolutely, I missed that you responded. For future quotes and such, shoot me an email Jordan @ steelcandy.co

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/4/17 6:03 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Sure thing and yes I can work with dxf files. What you cutting?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/4/17 6:11 p.m.

Bunch of gussets and stuff for the ass end of the rally car, mostly 12 and 14ga if I remember correctly- I'll send you an email tomorrow.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/4/17 6:17 p.m.

Awesome, I look forward to it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/4/17 6:30 p.m.

You have mail 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/5/17 6:47 a.m.

Your mail keeps bouncing, I tried sending to what I think is your personal gmail- if you want, you can send me a PM with the best address to email things to.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/5/17 6:53 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I had to Google his website and email through there. Steelcandy.co 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/5/17 6:58 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Ah, I'll try that one too, thanks!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/5/17 8:25 a.m.

Sorry about that. Autocorrect got me. I fixed it in the post above. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/9/18 9:44 a.m.

Made a slide on adjustable fire pit top for my collapsible fire ring. 

Ring itself. I have swapped in a few different designs and names for the ones I have sold so far. 

First run with Stainless. Worked out ok. Little bit of a design issue happened. No idea how the letters got set at different heights. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/18 4:09 p.m.

More stuff being made. 

This is from the game series The Witcher. I have yet to decide on paint and such but I think it look pretty cool!

This is 18" tall. It will get more paint and have a translucent paper or plastic mounted on the inside of the branches with a light kit mounted for a table lamp thing. I was using this as a test unit for a taller one used as a fire pit. Sorry for the potato picture. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/1/18 3:34 p.m.

I think that is turned out pretty cool.

GambleGarage
GambleGarage New Reader
2/7/18 8:43 a.m.

^^i like how the lamp came out.

I did a similar one and used cheap acrylic from home depot and a frosted glass spray. Got any pics of how you did the light? is it a strip or a bulb?

Got a link to that file? I know I saw it somewhere but can't remember where (fb, plasmaspider or some other forum)

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/7/18 8:53 a.m.

The lighting is an LED RGB strip with an IR controller. Worked pretty well with the lights facing the back and a section of aluminum flashing as a reflector. The backer panel is actually just tracing paper. Not the most durable but it works great. 

The files are all made by me. I saw some similar stuff for full size fire pits but haven't seen any lights like this. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/1/18 10:04 a.m.

I made a dog!

This isn't all that interesting BUT it was a good test of the new GIANT powder coating oven that we have had the parts for for several years. 

Time to start coating wheels and motorcycle frames!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/1/18 10:06 a.m.

Next step is to add a massive drier to the air lines for the plasma (and the rest of my shop) and then a vent system and curtain around the table to make sure I can breathe. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LcPKJwlCaZykThe08ONC0bdRuIJPE0OaVGGZTWS1ww4p1lVbnKt11uaVQD33R38M