1 2 3 4 5 6
LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
4/17/12 9:52 p.m.

Sad day. Sad indeed.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
4/17/12 10:11 p.m.

Truly awful. My heartfelt empathy and condolences go out to Scott's family and friends.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
4/17/12 10:35 p.m.

My thoughts are with his family in their time of need.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/17/12 10:40 p.m.

So sudden, I remember him posting just a few days ago. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Luke
Luke UberDork
4/17/12 11:11 p.m.

Terrible news . He was very much a part of our little community. Rest in peace, Scott.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
4/18/12 12:31 a.m.

Wow...

I got nothin...

Always enjoyed his posts, he will be missed.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/18/12 4:43 a.m.

Maybe we, as members of the community, should create a "friendly society" where we make a donation on behalf of a friend and member upon their passing to the family or organization that best represents him or her. In my organization the donation is usualy 20 per member upon someone's death.

It is strange to be connected to a community such as this, and know people electronically (if not in real time), and not be able to show support in such circumstances.

Rob

Powar
Powar Dork
4/18/12 9:44 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Truly awful. My heartfelt empathy and condolences go out to Scott's family and friends.

Shocking, even as someone who had never met him in person. Such an unfortunate situation, and at such a young age.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/18/12 10:00 a.m.

What a shame - I remember reading his P-car resto threads and thinking this guy sounds cool. I am sure he was. Such a shame - thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/12 10:16 a.m.

Just saw this now, so sad to hear the news. I enjoyed Scott's posts, he often offered really solid advice. I loved his 944 Turbo thread, and his vast BMW knowledge.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family!

Cotton
Cotton Dork
4/18/12 10:33 a.m.

crazy....sure didn't expect this when reading the tread title. Hate to hear it. RIP.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
4/18/12 10:57 a.m.

Any further news on what happened?

Pat
Pat Reader
4/18/12 11:56 a.m.

Such sad news....my condolences to his family.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/18/12 12:06 p.m.

Any news on arrangements? Maybe we can send flowers to the home? When my son died, I sure appreciated the thoughts of soo many flooding in. Made my wife and I feel less alone in life. If nobody wants to step up, I'll handle buying and sending the flowers, just need to know the details???
I don't know is last name or I'd do a search in obits.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/18/12 12:10 p.m.

I'm in for flowers, donations, whatever.

It would be really cool if we could all somehow "sign" a card for the family, too.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/18/12 12:40 p.m.

I am in for Flowers or whatever. It just goes to show you that you never really know how ling you have left so live well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
4/18/12 1:19 p.m.

I'm in shock. I followed his 944 Turbo thread and he did an awesome job with it. I never got to know him on a personal level, but always enjoyed his posts. I hope his family gets a chance to read this.

Godspeed Scott!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/12 1:29 p.m.

I'm also in to contribute for flowers/donations, etc.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/12 1:33 p.m.

Sorry, I don't have any other details. I received a call yesterday from the law firm he worked for to let me know my case was going to be reassigned due to his death. I don't have a way to contact the family directly.

Here is his business web page His office was at 16 West Main St., 6th floor, Rochester, NY 14614

I would love to contribute something toward a card/donation/flowers from the GRM community.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/18/12 1:37 p.m.

I am in to contribute too -- Dr. Boost are you taking the lead on this?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/12 1:48 p.m.

I was able to reach his business partner on the phone and he mentioned that the family has declined flowers, apparently Scott was quite allergic. He did say that correspondence could be forwarded to his attention and he would make sure the family received them. His address is Steve Barnes, 16 W. Main St., 6th floor, Rochester, NY 14614.

He said he would likely have more details tomorrow about funeral arrangements, etc.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
4/18/12 2:19 p.m.

Perhaps the family will designate a favorite charity.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
4/18/12 4:20 p.m.

ECM .. will you post up here anything you here ... maybe what "chuckles" said .. a charity in his name ?

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/18/12 4:44 p.m.

I don't want to take the lead on this, but I'd be honored to.
How do I do this? I don't want to use my paypal address for obvious reasons "Internet wannabe car guy jailed for embezzling literally dozens of dollars from dearly deceased man's family".
If he doesn't want flowers, is there a charity the family has designated. EastCoast, thanks for your detective work.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/18/12 4:49 p.m.

EastCoast, would the firm he worked for give you any contact info if they knew what we are trying to do? I found his full name, city of residence but can't find any info, maybe too early for an obit yet though...

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZQxyZppFtH4lSWh1lp5vRjaJ82wabofBOXm5lPcVgBdkqylzvQpa9LsBBVV273JB