Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/9/24 8:59 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Counterpoint: no it's not.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/24 9:51 p.m.

There are currently 60 nuclear power plants being built in the world, half of them are in China. That's a lot of nuclear reactors. 

wae
wae UltimaDork
10/12/24 7:51 a.m.

TIL: Workhorse used the 8.1 Vortec to make a gas pusher chassis!  I knew about FREDs, but I had no idea that anyone ever made a rear-engined gasser.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/17/24 2:37 p.m.

TIL that "Country R&B" is a thing.  Take a bro-country singer and an R&B music producer and pay them enough to work together. 

I could definitely have done without that knowledge.

It must be one of those marketing-focus-group-driven all-things-to-all-people design-by-committee ideas that is "guaranteed" to make a lot of money.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/24 3:07 p.m.

So, if a heavily armed group of weirdo people wanted to take over one of our nuke plants, could they be stopped?

NY Nick
10/17/24 3:21 p.m.
VolvoHeretic said:

So, if a heavily armed group of weirdo people wanted to take over one of our nuke plants, could they be stopped?

How heavily and what do they want to do? If someone is heavily armed enough it is hard to stop them. Bad people gonna do bad things. Infrastructure is hard to protect, bridges, dams, power plants, etc.

NY Nick
10/17/24 3:22 p.m.
VolvoHeretic said:

How heavily and what do they want to do? If someone is heavily armed enough it is hard to stop them. Bad people gonna do bad things. Infrastructure is hard to protect, bridges, dams, power plants, etc.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/24 8:50 p.m.

TIL that the Fugees' Killing Me Softly With His Song is a cover.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/17/24 9:34 p.m.
Appleseed said:

TIL that the Fugees' Killing Me Softly With His Song is a cover.

I have hated their version of that song since the first time I heard it.  Ruined.

1 ... 224 225 226

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R8ZPi6nMkhBz8j15HjsJcCGew5Qr9FR3NwR5aDFTUbhqHlq3wiLFxFD7H5kcbCSo