1 2 3 ... 43
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/1/12 12:16 p.m.

I have started a "Unofficial" Spec B series on Forza. Have a couple people signed up already. Trying to get the cars as close as possible as far as lap times go.

Current Points Standings:

1. AtticusTurbo27 - 40
  2. Mutant Racing - 39
  3. Duke of Understeer - 38
  4. Lainford Express - 28
  5. Anti Stance - 21
  6. Friedgrncorrado - 20 Griffin729 - 20
  7. Tazbuck - 18 Racerfink - 18
  8. Leeroy Jenkins - 16
  9. Switchblade762 - 15
  10. thesaabstig - 14
  11. szeis4cookie - 13
  12. Paragon Player - 10
  13. Graefin10 - 7
  14. RoadRaceDart - 6
  15. Fit is Slo - 3
  16. Poopshovel - 0 TurboJavelin - 0

Schedule:

Iberian Full - 30 Laps. Date: (June 9th, 9pm est.)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between lap 10 and 25)
Pole: Duke of Understeer
Winner: Duke of Understeer
Fastest Lap: Leeroy Jenkins

Sears Point Nascar Layout - 20 Laps. Date: (June 15th, 9pm est.)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between lap 5 and 15)
Pole: Mutant Racing
Winner: Mutant Racing
Fastest Lap: Mutant Racing

Suzuka East - 25 Laps. Date: (June 22nd)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between lap 10 and 20)

Tsukuba Full - 30 Laps. Date: (June 29th)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between lap 10 and 25)

Sebring Club - 20 Laps. Date: (July 6th)
no pit stop as there is no pit road

Catalunya National Layout - 20 Laps. Date: (July 13th)

Hockenheim Short - 25 Laps. Date: (July 20th)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between 10 and 20)

Motegi East - 25 Laps. Date: (July 27th)
1 mandatory Pit Stop (between lap 10 and 20)

Silverstone International Course - 20 Laps. Date (August 3rd)

Laguna Seca - 20 Laps. Date: (August 10th)
1 mandatory Pit Stop of your choosing

Race Rules:

I don't think there will be much said as I respect you guys as real drivers and not the typical douche Xbox player. Full Simulation Crash Damage and Tire Wear will be on. There is no specific trans. You can run in Auto, Manual or Manual w/clutch, whatever you choose. No rough driving. Please respect your fellow driver. If you question a move, like dive bombing someone going into 10A at Road Atlanta, potentially ruining both your and your opponent's race, don't do it. No short cutting on track. We are going on the "honor system" since there is no officiating. We will be updating this area as suggestions and comments are made.

Practice and Qualifying:

We will be joining to one party and will practice for a timed heat of 10 minutes.

For Qualifying, we will be using the "Time Trials" approach, where our times will not be affected by the draft and other cars in the way as they are invisible. It will be a 10 minute session. We will record the top times and grid the field from the results, Updated June 3rd

Race:

We will take the standing start lap as our "warm up" lap to warm tires and get gridded up in our qualifying positions. At the end of the standing start lap, the race will begin via a 2x2 rolling start.

Point System as follows:

1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 5
9th - 4
10th - 3
11th - 2
12th - 1

Bonus point for Pole and/or Fastest Lap
Additional 2 bonus points for "Best Livery of the week" as voted by the competitors.

Current B Spec line up as follows:

Mazda 2 (C355) 112hp, 1864lbs.
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sway Bars, Full Cage, Full Weight Reduction, Street Clutch, Street Axles, Race Diff, Race Compound Tires in 205/50s, Spec Enkei RPF1's in stock size, Sport Exhaust, Race Flywheel (updated 6.4.12)

Nissan Versa (C361) 122hp, 2,348lbs.
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sways, Race Cage, Full Weight Reduction, Race Diff, Street Clutch, Street Transmission, Race Axles, Race Compound Tires in 195/60 15s front and rear, Spec Enkei RPF1's, Race Flywheel (updated 6.6.12)

Toyota Yaris S (C360) 106hp, 2,053lbs
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sways, Race Cage, Full Weight Reduction, Race Diff, Race Compound Tires, Spec Enkei RPF1's in stock size, no motor mods. (updated 6.4.12)

Ford Fiesta (D347) 118hp, 2,009lbs.
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sway Bars, Full Cage, Sport Weight Reduction, Race Diff, Race Tires, Spec Enkei RPF1s in stock size, no motor mods. (updated 6.4.12)

Honda Fit (C362) 128hp, 2,174lbs.
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sways, Race Cage, Full Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Street Transmission, Race Axles, Race Diff, Race Compound Tires, Spec Enkei RPF1's in stock size, Sport Exhaust (updated 6.4.2012)

Kia Cee'D (Rio)(C356) 150hp, 2,378lbs.
Sport Brakes, Sport Suspension, Race Sways, Full Cage, Full Weight Reduction, Race Diff, Race Compound Tires, Spec Enkei RPF1's in stock size, Race Exhaust, Race Oil and Cooling, Race Flywheel, Street Air Filter (updated 6.4.12)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
6/1/12 12:19 p.m.

Times?

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 12:21 p.m.

Currently coming up with a qualifying session, race points, rewards weights, ect. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will get you on the list.

As far as getting them equal, I've been testing part combinations for the last 2 days and testing them with default suspension/air/diff settings at Iberain Full and getting 1:03.2s. With the Fiat, it is either too quick with race tires, or too slow with Sport tires on it. Have to find a way to slow it down with weight with race tires on it I am guessing.

Going to come up with a race schedule soon. It will feature a mandatory pit stop within a pit window. Will also feature full simulation damage and tire/fuel usage.

Any suggestions and/or comments are appreciated.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
6/1/12 12:34 p.m.

Count me in!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/1/12 12:37 p.m.

Dude, I am so in! This is awesome!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/1/12 12:38 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Times?

I will invite you to the sessions when we have them. We have been on the last few nights working on getting them spec'd. Well, I should say Duke is getting them spec'd. We will probably be on again tonight for a little while before we go troll drifters.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 1:09 p.m.

Up for grabs for the champion is the coveted plastic WWE World Championship Wrestling Belt because trophies cost too much. With this, you can show it off to all your buddies, to your wife and hang it in the garage for all to see!

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
6/1/12 1:21 p.m.

Damn... Wonder if my PeptoPink M2 is close to competive... It is D350 spec'd.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
6/1/12 1:23 p.m.

I would love to get in on this!

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/1/12 1:27 p.m.

Any idea yet what night of the week the events will be held? Right now I'm racing in the unofficial GRM GT5 series on Wed. night and the VRO GT550 series on Mon. night. That leaves 5 nights a week.

I just recently got started with Forza and haven't had a lot of time to gather cars or practice. Also, I don't have an on-line membership yet. So there's a lot I'd have to do to get ready for this but I've been reading the Forza threads off and on since I signed up for the forum. This is what I've been waiting to see, i.e. an organized series. I've found them to be great fun with the GT5 guys and I'm sure I'd find the same experience with the Forza crowd. Anyway, if possible, I'll be there for this too. I've found that the low powered series are by far the most competitive and enjoyable for most participants.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/1/12 2:14 p.m.

I think I shall build a Fit. And name it "Throwing".

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 2:33 p.m.

I am unsure of what car to go with right now. They are very similar and have positives and negatives. I can drive the Mazda 2 for 10 laps and love it, then jump in the Fiesta and love that.The Yaris feels very good and stable. The 500 is too quick right now and has a severe case of lift oversteer that needs to be dialed out. Fit is stable. Versa is gonna need some setup work for it to be competitive.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/1/12 3:23 p.m.

The Kia Cee'd is the same as the Kia Rio 5 which is eligible for B-spec.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 3:31 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Yea, I've been playing with that idea. I'm gonna go test one to see where it stands

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/1/12 3:52 p.m.

running a 1:04.736 so far at D331. It's already at full wt. reduction, so the only thing left is more power. It's at 141hp right now though.

friedgreencorrado
6/1/12 3:54 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to racerfink: Yea, I've been playing with that idea. I'm gonna go test one to see where it stands

That's actually kind of cool. VW doesn't sell the Polo over here under any badge, so I think that's B-Spec illegal.

Hence bailing out on my marque. Almost in real life, too..I was looking at the Fit and the Mazda 2 when I got laid off.

friedgreencorrado
6/1/12 4:05 p.m.

Hmm. I can only get the Fit up to C345 with the sport exhaust. But it goes to C364 with the racing pipe. Are the specs correct?

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 4:16 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Do you have the Race Clutch, Street Trans, Race Axles and Race Diff? Think thats where it may differ

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/1/12 4:21 p.m.

You're missing a piece somewhere then, cause mine came out right!

friedgreencorrado
6/1/12 4:22 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: Do you have the Race Clutch, Street Trans, Race Axles and Race Diff? Think thats where it may differ

Hmmm. I put on the "Race Driveline", are they different? Car as it sits has 141hp. Cut a 1:09:9 at Iberian Full, but I couldn't find the line with a seeing-eye dog, a Sherpa guide, and GPS. I think I'm leaving 4 or 5sec on the table because I don't know my way around the place.

Oops, hit quote, not reply.

EDIT: Found it. Missed the race tires. I've screwed up something else, though--now at C388.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 4:24 p.m.

Is the equivalent to the Chevy Spark legal in Spec B here in the States? I have a Spark all spec'd out.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/1/12 4:26 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: Do you have the Race Clutch, Street Trans, Race Axles and Race Diff? Think thats where it may differ
Hmmm. I put on the "Race Driveline", are they different? Car as it sits has 141hp. Cut a 1:09:9 at Iberian Full, but I couldn't find the line with a seeing-eye dog, a Sherpa guide, and GPS. I think I'm leaving 4 or 5sec on the table because I don't know my way around the place. Oops, hit quote, not reply.

I'll quote ya!

My Spec Fit is sitting at 128hp, 116 ft-pd of torque, 2,170 lbs with 56% of the weight up front with 1.5 liters of displacement

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/1/12 4:27 p.m.

Yeah, the Spark is called the Sonic here. The MINI is eligible too, but like the Fiat, it's forced induction in the game, and not normally aspirated like it is in B Spec.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/1/12 4:28 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Hmm. I can only get the Fit up to C345 with the sport exhaust. But it goes to C364 with the racing pipe. Are the specs correct?

The picture says C364 anyways. So, what are you asking? lol

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/1/12 4:29 p.m.

Yeah, 140hp+ sounds a little high for any of the cars.

1 2 3 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E3pJmiY0O1MqVeZRWcKOxBgtilng3dajOKftfrpWifxf6MQCLY5E9X95TZSkk0CF