1 2 3 4
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/23/15 3:53 p.m.

Seems like nuclear weapons should have a place on this list....

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
12/23/15 4:05 p.m.

Crack pipe

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
12/23/15 4:30 p.m.

The gun

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/23/15 4:31 p.m.

Ok, when I said worst, I meant most annoying (phillips screws) or ineffective (flat-head screws).

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/23/15 4:34 p.m.

Edited for new criteria. I have to say the Craftsmen digital Tq wrench is ridiculous. It is just a clicker tq wrench with a digital readout instead the marks engraved numbers on the handle and shaft. It turns on automatically and will stay on for some time after you are done with it. Depending on how often you use it, it is normal for it's button cell batteries to be dead when you go to use it.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
12/23/15 5:11 p.m.
RossD wrote: Didn't Henry Ford say that Mr Phillips and his screws were too expensive so he went flat blade. Then industry followed...

I think it was he went with phillips/flat because Robertson (square drive) wouldn't license the design, only sell Ford screws. Ford didn't want to rely on/deal with an international parts supply (Robertson was based in Canada).

edit: Third paragraph. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives#Robertson

etifosi
etifosi Dork
12/23/15 6:14 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Ok, when I said worst, I meant most annoying (phillips screws) or ineffective (flat-head screws).

Doubling-down on the brassiere

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/23/15 6:26 p.m.
etifosi wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Ok, when I said worst, I meant most annoying (phillips screws) or ineffective (flat-head screws).

I have to agree with you on that one.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/15 6:31 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:

QFT

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/23/15 6:32 p.m.

non-alcoholic beer

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
12/23/15 6:45 p.m.

Working for a living.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
12/23/15 6:56 p.m.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/15 6:59 p.m.

This thread, which is just another form of the minor rant thread (aka the bitch thread) and is otherwise useless.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
12/23/15 7:10 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
etifosi wrote:
I have to agree with you on that one.

Excepting the peak a boo variety

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
12/23/15 7:47 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Depends on what worst is. There is one invention that has killed millions directly and millions more indirectly. That seems like a pretty bad invention.

What, the automobile?

etifosi
etifosi Dork
12/23/15 8:22 p.m.

Second nomination:

The necktie

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
12/23/15 8:44 p.m.
etifosi wrote: Second nomination: The necktie

Amen

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
12/23/15 9:12 p.m.

10 mm socket

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/23/15 9:53 p.m.

Phillips? pfft. My friends, let me introduce you to the torque-set.

This thing bites like a Rottweiler when you're screwing stuff in. Trying to get it back out though.... These things are everywhere on aircraft and I can't understand why they don't go to a design that would provide equal install and uninstall traction! A shallow internal wrenching screw like an allen head or a square drive would be GREAT and, in the event it's stripped, it'd provide a nice pilot for a drill bit.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/15 10:29 p.m.

Coffee. Its burnt beans that taste like crap. How did this ever catch on? Add Guinness in there too, it's burnt! It should be thrown out, not consumed! These things are mistakes people, not food!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/23/15 11:14 p.m.

That's an easy one: it was the only source of caffeine at the time. I guess you could get some cocaine, but I hear that's not really an improvement on the situation

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/23/15 11:17 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Depends on what worst is. There is one invention that has killed millions directly and millions more indirectly. That seems like a pretty bad invention.

Meh, I am sure they would have come up with some other stupid reason to kill each other.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/23/15 11:20 p.m.

For me, I will go with:

(A bit of a blast from the past, thread wise)

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/24/15 6:58 a.m.
etifosi wrote:

My lady of almost 29 years of marriage is, uh hum, well endowed in the bosom department.

Bras are good. Gravity is bad.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/15 7:21 a.m.

I like a nice necktie.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fcJPcRraCBqLu8elisRnEG839EqHlNdbX1AMZ3o5iqDD9S8Zihwt96PmfRgUjzbC