1 2 3 4
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/23 9:20 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

They often come with a pigtail as well as a plug. I don't know the code implications. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/18/23 9:58 p.m.
chandler said:

So these only have a plug in end? They can't be wired into an existing box? Not looking to add the expense of that many outlets 

They have plugs that can plug into each other and daisy chain. 

My son used them in his wood shop.   Plugged the first one into the ceiling fixture location and laid them out so  each one plugged into the previous. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/23 10:33 p.m.

But also pigtail. Then you daisy chain. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/23 7:44 a.m.

In reply to tremm :

The only issues I've had with mine after about 4 years is the switches in the cords losing contact. I have them plugged into switched outlets so I just removed the switches.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/23 2:23 p.m.

In reply to tremm :

Yeah, I've had one tube die out of 18 total in the last four years I've had them.  But Chinese manufacturing and quality control being what it is....I'd imagine it still might be crap shoot.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/23 5:26 p.m.

I have four sets in my basement, all of them still work.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/14/23 6:52 a.m.

I had my 2nd tube die out the other day. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/23 9:53 a.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

Me too. They are 1st and 4th in a string of 8, and they died within a day of each other.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/14/23 3:04 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I lost 1 on each of my 2 groups. Got some flickering for a few seconds after turning them on then dead. Rest of the ones on the same circuits dont seem to mind. These died maybe a month apart. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/14/23 6:09 p.m.

I've got about 2 dozen of them in 2 different places. No problems in 2 years

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
7/22/24 7:33 a.m.

Just picked up a 12 pack of these for $75 on Prime day.  Immediately replaced one ok and one dead 8' fluorescent with 4 of the four footers linked.  Lit up my 20 x 24 parking garage very nicely and looks way better than the old fixtures.

My shop has four 8' fixtures, My plan is to replace two of them with five Barrina fixtures each for the work and storage area and replace the other two with four LED fixtures.  Should be plenty bright.  Now I need another 12 pack.

The 12 pack comes with lots of hard wire pigtails, 4' connection links and a few switched cords, probably more that I need. 

7/22/24 7:42 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

Me too. They are 1st and 4th in a string of 8, and they died within a day of each other.

Original install 4/6/2020.

Update 7/22/2024: 5 of 8 now dead.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
7/22/24 7:57 a.m.

I installed mine late 2019 and now 2 of my 8 are dead now. Kind of a bummer, but I still think they're better than fluorescent tubes. I've been meaning to order some more

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/22/24 8:49 a.m.

My installations in the basement, attic and garage are also still good since installing them back in 2020.   The basement and attic are all daisy-chained using the pigtail cords.  Most of the garage lights use the little end-to-end connectors.  The one issue I've had with the latter is a couple of the lights will lose contact and I have to climb up and tap the end of the line with a soft-blow hammer to remake the connection. My suspicion is the wide temperature changes in the garage cause everything to expand and contract a bit.  I have enough left over connector cords that I may just replace the one that keeps losing contact with one of those. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/24 8:57 a.m.

All of mine are still running. 

10/7/24 9:36 p.m.

Bumping this because I decided 4 years of heavy use in a garage with no climate control was pretty decent, so I bought 2x 6-packs to replace the original 8 and add 4 more. I changed the layout for better coverage, and eliminated a pair of 4-foot 2-tube T8 fluorescent fixtures.

Old and busted:

New hotness:

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
10/7/24 9:51 p.m.

Looking good. These are so killer for the price. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oR5Aw4UZvLAEd8fjoI0rBVnDenWuD1XjHKqmozZw9e3vInzugS6PjvIShUOFcqou