1 2 3 4 5 6
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/14/13 3:11 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Ranger50 wrote: And whoever dreamed up cutting a round pizza into squares is a moron.
You're near STL, right? I've ranted on here several times about my Imo's experience. 27 years later I am still willing to bitch about it. Absolutely the worst, most over-priced, over-hyped meal I ever ate.

Ugh.... then there's that awful berkeleying cheese that STL places seem intent on putting on their pizza. So berkeleying bad. I can't even remember what it was called, but it's awful.

Purvel or whatever?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/14/13 3:19 p.m.

Provel. It's like American cheese crossed with provolone. Which shouldn't be anywhere near a pizza. Come to think of it, I think that Imo's crap actually had American on it, and you had to pay extra to upgrade to the provel junk.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/14/13 3:26 p.m.

Whatever it is, it's berkeleying gross and should only ever be seen or tasted on a $1 fast food burger.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/14/13 4:06 p.m.

American cheese on pizza? Urk. I just threw up a little...

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/13 4:34 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: American cheese on pizza? Urk. I just threw up a little...

What else would you put on a cheeseburger pizza?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/14/13 5:08 p.m.

I will just leave this here.

Alton Brown Pizza Recipe

You will thank me later

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/14/13 5:09 p.m.
logdog wrote:

how 'bout cheddar ?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/14/13 5:12 p.m.
logdog wrote:

I just threw up a lot.

If i want a berkeleying cheeseburger, i'll eat a berkeleying cheeseburger.

logdog
8/14/13 5:42 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
logdog wrote:
I just threw up a lot. If i want a berkeleying cheeseburger, i'll eat a berkeleying cheeseburger.

What do you eat if you want a taco or BBQ chicken?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/14/13 5:44 p.m.
logdog wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
logdog wrote:
I just threw up a lot. If i want a berkeleying cheeseburger, i'll eat a berkeleying cheeseburger.

Ice cream.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/13 5:54 p.m.

Just don't let your Jewish wife talk you into Matzoh pizza.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/14/13 5:55 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: Just don't let your Jewish wife talk you into Matzoh pizza.

Was there Gefilte fish on it?

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/13 6:58 p.m.

No. Gotta draw the line somewhere. She's also a vegetarian!

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/14/13 7:07 p.m.

Diffrn't strokes & all. I'm in the "Don't give two E36 M3s about bread, love cheese. Bonus points for meat" camp. My all time fave: NY Style White Pizza. With or without MEAT_BALL and anchovies. I just don't get liking bread (crust) unless it's covered in delicious E36 M3 at a 4 parts good E36 M3, 1 part bread ratio. I know. Your dough is awesome and fresh. No, it's berkeleying bread. I've made it in and outside of every pizza joint I've ever worked. Still berkeleyin bread. While every chain pizza joint gets their sauce and toppings out of a berkeleying can, they all make their own dough, and it all sucks.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/14/13 7:32 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: No. Gotta draw the line somewhere. She's also a vegetarian!

That's not food, it's poison.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/14/13 8:26 p.m.
mndsm wrote:

Holy crap, that looks horrible. Send it BACK.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/14/13 8:30 p.m.
logdog wrote:

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH. Tried that once, man it's wrong and nasty, if I want a cheeseburger I'll eat a cheeseburger. Only thing worse is the BBQ pizza Pizza Hut tried to sell a couple of times. Whoever came up with that one needs to be electrocuted, and this comes from someone who will actually eat anchovies on pizza occasionally.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/14/13 8:34 p.m.
mndsm wrote:

If the cheese to sauce ratio was reversed, I may not be quite so opposed...though the dough looks all thick & chewy. Blech.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/14/13 8:39 p.m.

To me it looks like a big damn saltine with ketchup and some wimpy cheese on it, along with whatever that crap was inside the ALIEN facehugger.

That plate is just too pretty also, looks like something from one of those places which value 'presentation' above 'tastes good', 'filling', and 'reasonably priced'.

logdog
8/14/13 9:02 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
logdog wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
logdog wrote:
Ice cream.

They make ice cream pizza? Awesome!

logdog
8/14/13 9:03 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
logdog wrote:
AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH. Tried that once, man it's wrong and nasty, if I want a cheeseburger I'll eat a cheeseburger. Only thing worse is the BBQ pizza Pizza Hut tried to sell a couple of times. Whoever came up with that one needs to be electrocuted, and this comes from someone who will actually eat anchovies on pizza occasionally.

Buffalo chicken pizza FTW!

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
8/15/13 12:09 a.m.
vwcorvette wrote:

Looks like the toxic waste guy from Robocop.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
8/15/13 12:28 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Diffrn't strokes & all. I'm in the "Don't give two E36 M3s about bread, love cheese. Bonus points for meat" camp. My all time fave: NY Style White Pizza. With or without MEAT_BALL and anchovies. I just don't get liking bread (crust) unless it's covered in delicious E36 M3 at a 4 parts good E36 M3, 1 part bread ratio. I know. Your dough is awesome and fresh. No, it's berkeleying bread. I've made it in and outside of every pizza joint I've ever worked. Still berkeleyin bread. While every chain pizza joint gets their sauce and toppings out of a berkeleying can, they all make their own dough, and it all sucks.

I think that I am addicted to bread. One of my ideal meals is a stellar baguette accompanied by a plate of fats (cheese, butter, and olive oil all work nicely).

To me, great crust is pithy, slightly chewy, and crispy on the bottom. For this reason, I prefer fewer toppings, because an overloaded pizza tends to prevent the dough from getting fully cooked.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
8/15/13 7:36 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: If the cheese to sauce ratio was reversed, I may not be quite so opposed...though the dough looks all thick & chewy. Blech.

Yeah, flipping the sauce to cheese ratio should turn that into a pretty decent snack... and if you end up with a chewy matzoh, you're doing things horribly, horribly wrong. They're supposed to be ginormous saltines.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
8/15/13 11:59 a.m.

I make a damn good cheeseburger pizza. Crust with ketchup and mustard on it . Add browned ground beef, onions, pickles and American cheese. Maybe some bacon

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6fvWORFJSQ57GH0MYC3N3kYYBRpgOMEfgGRBdfUoeF94CwFgyim7ej68mpLjZWmD