Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/20/13 1:58 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

I'm sorry. This is abuse.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/20/13 5:45 a.m.

in other related news, go to NASCAR.com and try to comment on the stories they have up... you can't, because they are having "technical difficulties" with the comment feature after approximately 98% of the comments on every story over the last couple of weeks was about how much the new website sucks and how pissed off people were that the "race buddy" feature that people pay money to NASCAR to be able to watch in car cameras and telemetry and what not in real time during the races didn't work during the qualifying race this past weekend..

funny how that works, isn't it?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/20/13 5:49 a.m.

Funny how what works, a run-on sentence?

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
2/20/13 9:48 a.m.

Comparing NHRA women drivers to NASCAR women drivers ( danica) is like comparing apples to oranges. Both are very good but in a different way..

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/20/13 1:44 p.m.

those of you that have followed NASCAR for a long time will recognize the name Jack Ingram .... this is an excerpt from an article in yesterdays newspaper .... don't think his stated opinion is going to be considered all that PC ....

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013302190012&nclick_check=1

Local driving legend Jack Ingram, hanging out in Daytona this week, said a lot of garage talk has been about the first female to win the pole.

“She made history and good for her to do that,” said Ingram, who won 31 Busch Series races and points titles in that series in 1982 and ’85.

But he has reservations about Patrick’s ability to remain competitive for 500 miles against the world’s best stock-car drivers.

“She’s a good driver, but I don’t think you will ever see a woman be a big-time champion,” he said.

Women just don’t know enough about cars. Drivers that don’t know enough about race cars generally don’t end up doing very well.”

seems I remember past winners and even champions that admit they don't know squat about cars ... they're able to communicate to the crew chief what the car is doing ... and that's about all ....

from all I've read Danica does that extremely well .. whether or not she knows the difference between a 10mm socket and a phillips head screwdriver

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/20/13 1:52 p.m.

The good ol boys of Nascar will do anything to keep a woman from winning. Remember Shawna Robinson?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/20/13 3:28 p.m.

I wonder how many peoples heads would explode if there were a Black Lesbian racing NASCAR.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/20/13 4:01 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of close minded and ignorant NASCAR fans and drivers(from the past), that has been a part of the sport for a long time. It was one of the biggest reasons I hated the motorsport for so long, the average NASCAR fan. I have been to a few NASCAR races and do enjoy stockcar racing even if being surrounded by a bunch of drunken rednecks that know little about cars, especially racecars. Just about the same as going to Sebring or petit.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/20/13 4:28 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I wonder how many peoples heads would explode if there were a Black Lesbian racing NASCAR.

I remember when Willy T Ribbs wanted to go to Nascar.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
2/20/13 6:01 p.m.

He wasn't pretty enough.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/20/13 7:07 p.m.

and there was Wendell Scott ....

He is the only black driver to win a race in what is now the Sprint Cup Series

Adrift
Adrift New Reader
2/20/13 7:22 p.m.
I think Danica is HOT!!! I think she's the best race car driver EVAR!! I think you are all just JEALOUS and THREATENED by her looks and ability!! I'm not using emoticons because I don't want you to know if I'm serious or NOT!!

Milka Duno is hotter. And she has three, count em three, Rolex Grand Am DP wins and a 24 Hours second. The media just never gave her her due.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
2/20/13 8:57 p.m.

Milka Duno is terrible in ARCA, which is really saying something.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
2/20/13 11:48 p.m.
Adrift wrote:
I think Danica is HOT!!! I think she's the best race car driver EVAR!! I think you are all just JEALOUS and THREATENED by her looks and ability!! I'm not using emoticons because I don't want you to know if I'm serious or NOT!!
Milka Duno is hotter. And she has three, count em three, Rolex Grand Am DP wins and a 24 Hours second. The media just never gave her her due.

You forgot to add one of these; , or , or.......

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
2/21/13 12:20 a.m.

I was on "the media" conference call and they specifically said for none of us to mention Mika Duno. George Soros was very clear about it.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/21/13 5:49 a.m.
Adrift wrote:

Milka Duno was the worst driver to ever run in the IndyCar series. They had to black flag her more than once for not maintaining the minimum safe speed. I imagine the only reason she ever won at the 24 was due to her co-drivers. In contrast, Danica has an IndyCar win and a Daytona 500 pole to her credit. And just to be clear, my comment you quoted was in jest and Milka Duno does absolutely nothing for me.

Adrift
Adrift New Reader
2/21/13 6:07 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
Adrift wrote:
I'm not using emoticons because I don't want you to know if I'm serious or NOT!!
You forgot to add one of these; , or , or.......

Oh, sorry. , or , or

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/13 8:59 a.m.

I'm honestly surprised women's rights groups haven't been outraged about how derogatory all this talk of woman on pole stuff is and aren't pressuring NASCAR to change the name..

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
2/21/13 9:14 a.m.

Yes because men sitting on the pole sounds so much better.

Flight Service
Flight Service PowerDork
2/21/13 9:25 a.m.
BoneYard_Racing wrote: Yes because men sitting on the pole sounds so much better.

Well depends on what you like....

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/21/13 9:51 a.m.
BoneYard_Racing wrote: Yes because men sitting on the pole sounds so much better.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/21/13 9:56 a.m.
nocones wrote: I'm honestly surprised women's rights groups haven't been outraged about how derogatory all this talk of woman on pole stuff is and aren't pressuring NASCAR to change the name..

What would be better? Reverse Cowgirl?

It would be hilarious to hear announcers say "Jeff Gordon is in the Reverse Cowgirl this week"

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/13 10:45 a.m.

I was really thinking more Dancer pole and less street worker pole but I like where this is headed.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uby05hHIriQqr0ZvLamBEIMYx5x47ODni65oeMfuqgqcMcZFVMwQ9RXpYMgX0mAm