AX2007
AX2007 New Reader
9/21/24 3:07 p.m.

Hi all, I'm trying to plan out the wiring on my Mk1 Focus track car, and I'd like to use a Cartek XR kill switch but wiring is not my best discipline. Does this wiring diagram make sense? I am using the wiring diagram from the Cartek website, which can be found at this link.

The part that I'm unsure about is the ignition switch and the start switch. In words, what I have here is:

• Ground going from the battery negative terminal to the Cartek, the 2 Cartek posts go to ground
  • 12v 3A line going from the main battery terminal to the Cartek
  • For the starter switch, I'm running a 12v 3A line from the battery positive, to a start switch and then a neutral switch. If both switches are on, the car cranks. If either switch is off, the car doesn't crank 
  • The Cartek has a ECU kill signal output, so I'm wiring that to my ignition switch which means that when the Cartek is on, the switch has power running to it. If I turn the Ignition switch on, I'm now powering up the Fuel Pump Relay which also runs the injectors and the ignition coils. If I hit the Cartek button, this should turn off the Fuel Pump Relay, killing the engine

Am I missing anything? Anything you would change? I'm looking for feedback here so please feel free to let me know what you think.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0cqLulm6vEpA8JAd3MhDBStJQPXVGxEcBGstv3iBUvSqDwTWvZQnWW15cTPVfTSR