1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 160
Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/16/23 3:40 p.m.

I did find an NA Spec Miata for AC...

https://nomoneymotorsports.com/2022/03/03/the-greatest-racing-sim-gets-the-greatest-racing-car-spec-miata-for-assetto-corsa/

Unfortunately, it still has a lot of the trail brake oversteer from the base car.  At least there's more adjustability... should be able to tune it out, but I've only done a few laps in it so far.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/16/23 4:07 p.m.

I was looking for a space NA Miata a while ago and could not find it.  I know someone made it at some point, it was just not easy to find.

I think Imola is up next, it should be on the server now.  I think you will find the current cars trail brake oversteer will show up more there.

Does a stock Miata trail brake oversteer much? Because the models certainly think so, or maybe they are just tuning it in for more spirited driving.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/16/23 5:46 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Thanks, I'll check the server in a little bit.  I wasn't able to get on it earlier today.

In all honesty, it's been a long time since our NA was stock, but I don't remember it being like that at all.  Stock NA Miatas have a very front heavy brake bias, so that may be where the model got it wrong.  

On our NA, about the only thing still stock in the suspension is the control arms.  It's much stiffer, and has a lot more rear brake bias than a stock car, and it's still very neutral when trail braking.  You can lift throttle to get it to rotate, but it's very controllable.  Nothing at all like the Kunos NA.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/23 11:35 a.m.

The plan moving forward is to stick with the current car.  Tracks I think have been put on Google Drive (I need to look).  I don't know if Air has put up the schedule on the first page.

I will also look at the server when I get home to make sure that it is up and running. It should be.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/17/23 12:31 p.m.

I need to look at the tracks.  Someone posted a suggested list on Discord, and I did upload some of the tracks discussed Wed.  I will post something up tonight to see if there are any objections.

The list really does not need to be solid until we race the particular track (or realistically, the week before), so we can adjust as necessary (e.g. if a track ends up being less than ideal).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/17/23 10:33 p.m.

OK, here is the current track list.  All the tracks are in the current season Tracks folder (Imola is a Kunos track).

I swapped out Donington Park for Cadwell Park because it has a bit of historic interest for this group (something about Dean and snow tires....).

If you get a chance, download the tracks and make sure the work for you, and see if you have any objections.  It's a pretty eclectic selection of tracks.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/17/23 10:54 p.m.

I also uploaded a livery update that you might want to download.  I added a few more liveries in case we get a few more drivers and cleaned up some of the current ones.  We can also probably solidify liveries to drivers if we want to (which Dean will have to do)

Don't install it until Wednesday though since Dean needs to update the server also.

dean1484
4/18/23 5:16 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Thanks Air!!!

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/18/23 10:33 a.m.

+1

Thanks Air!  Great work on all the liveries.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/19/23 12:36 a.m.

OK, finally got the highlights done (just in time for the next race).  Since these cars are so close, and easier to drive, they may not be as exciting (I did see a few turn in spins... I suspect I will see more this week!).  As you can tell, Dean an I had some fun last week.

Anyone have a questions why Dean's car is called the Tangerine Torpedo now? cheeky

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/19/23 12:42 a.m.

Track limits... anyone?  cheeky

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/19/23 11:00 a.m.

Hey, everything is legal until you get caught! wink

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/20/23 11:53 a.m.

Here are the Results and Standings from last night.  Let me know if you see any issues.

Big congratulations to Rodan!   He as A point!!!!!  cheeky

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/20/23 11:57 a.m.

Dean, you should be able to update the server with the new track (Mosport), HC's and update the car with the updated liveries.  Looks like we have a potential 13 drivers!  We have 17 liveries available at this point, so we should be good with that.

Seems like Darwin might want to create his own livery (Johnny Chimpo may not be to his liking).  I will try to remember to post up a quick guide on what you need to do to create a livery.  Worst case, if you want to post up a .png with the graphics on it I can compost it over the shader template in PS and I can integrate it into the liveries.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/20/23 11:58 a.m.

LOL...

I was way off the pace... Some of you guys were getting incredible corner entry speeds...  when I tried to follow I just understeered off the track.

Was 1st into turn one on the second race, but missed my brake marker and the trail brake snap got me.  cheeky

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/20/23 10:27 p.m.

Darwin.  The way the liveries work in Photoshop is I have the Diffuse Map on a layer over the artwork, with it set to Multiply effect.  Here is the diffuse map:

The layers underneath look like this:

With the multiply layer turned on it turns into this:

You can upload the second one if you can't figure out the Multiply effect and I can combine it and convert it to a .dds file if needed.

dean1484
4/21/23 10:22 a.m.

What version of Mosport are we using?  I have a 2021 version and a 2012 version?  I have set it up for the 2021 for now.

dean1484
4/21/23 10:23 a.m.

HC has been updated and Racebrick did not have a car assigned so I arbitrarily gave him one.  We can sort this out Wednesday.

Lao278
Lao278
4/21/23 11:10 a.m.

Hey guys, new here. I was googling Assetto Corsa Gingerman and found this forum. Last year I had someone port over Gingerman from rFactor2 to Assetto. Here is the download link for anyone interested! The person added trees in the middle of the track because he was unfamiliar with the layout and I've requested to get them removed but he never did. This track does not work with AI. I am local to the Chicago area and track at Gingerman often.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLp5IFWQDEQ8Z4CuUX5wSSd73iOzS4c3/view?usp=share_link

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/21/23 11:52 a.m.

Very cool, thanks!    

As noted on the previous page, Gingerman is not readily available for AC.

Do you have any interest in joining us?  I think we could Gingerman into the series if that helps (might give you a bit of an advantage there at least there)

Looks like a pretty well done track.  Only minor issue is there are only 12 pits, that might be an issue (even if we don't use pits?)

Lao278
Lao278 New Reader
4/21/23 2:19 p.m.
aircooled said:

Very cool, thanks!    

As noted on the previous page, Gingerman is not readily available for AC.

Do you have any interest in joining us?  I think we could Gingerman into the series if that helps (might give you a bit of an advantage there at least there)

Looks like a pretty well done track.  Only minor issue is there are only 12 pits, that might be an issue (even if we don't use pits?)

I'll have to look into how to edit tracks to fix that. 

I would love to join but I don't have much time to sim race lately. I can only jump on for a few hours here and there. When I do I just join public lobbies lol. What days/time do you guys normally do races? 

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
4/21/23 3:04 p.m.

This is exciting for me. I consider gingerman my home track, even though it's two hours away. I have a lot of experience here over 22 years.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/21/23 7:52 p.m.

We run Wednesdays 6-8 Pacific, 9-11 Eastern.

I was thinking editing it might be an option also.  We don't really need the pits, just the starting positions.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/23/23 11:09 p.m.

Results and Standings.  Colin is charging away and piling up the HC's.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/24/23 12:20 a.m.

Some highlights.  New logo.  Let's see if anyone notices (!)

1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l9UNNfK8uyCQg2bblalEq2AjIWFSeSbzisoa1YjLiPDxd99LlaceK296gbbBEe65