1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/18/13 7:50 p.m.

Playing against the AI is way different than playing against compitent and courteous people. Its harder but I like it.

Need moar seat time.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
11/18/13 8:23 p.m.

I wish I had regular access to the game room , or had XBL wired out to my room. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat.

Kids moving out of their dorm and back home sucks sometimes.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
11/18/13 9:07 p.m.
failboat wrote: Wow the fiesta gearing is waaay nicer than the 2. I'm not much faster though. Been a few months since I have played, I need more seat time.

The gears are way shorter. It feels cool except on the short tracks. Iberian is kinda weird with that car.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/19/13 2:19 a.m.

So I stayed up and messed with the cars a little trying to balance them... The 2 just has too much grip. It is going to have to be dialed back a bit. The motor you have to throw at the other cars is just too much to even lap times out. I've got most of the cars dialed into a 1:44.3xx range at Road Atlanta all within 2mph top speeds on the back straight. Each car feels different and stronger in different parts of the track. Ill hopefully have them all adjusted tomorrow and we can have some testing this week before any changes are officially made. Also adding the Hyundai xi20 thing and dropping the Yaris. Yaris is too small but the Hyundai hatch is 4 doors and around the same power level. It is actually fun to drive so hopefully people will like it. Ill have all the info up tomorrow night.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
11/19/13 4:55 a.m.

Did you even the tires (205's) on the Fit and Versa? I'm pretty happy with the changes I made to the Versa as far as a trade-off between it and the 2 given the mix of tracks. The Fit build I ran last night is still just a bit to strong on a long enough straight.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/19/13 8:05 a.m.

Man, I was rusty last night! Haven't played in over a year, still getting use to it again. Other than that, was a lot of fun last night. I need to segregate a good day to buy and build all the eligible cars. All I have currently is the 2 that I built and the Yaris that my little brother built. He must have a different driving style than I do, he likes an oversteering car, I am the Duke of Understeer!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/19/13 9:15 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

205's all around. I need to go back and revisit the Fit and Versa to verify but they should be good to go. Also still need to get some more seat time in the Fiesta to make sure it is competitive. Statistically it is the worst handling of the bunch, but has good gearing to keep it in power. I'll compare setups with you and we might not even be too far off from each other.

The only car without 205's is the C'eed, which gets 215's from the factory I believe. It took a little tweaking to get it competitive due to the fact it is also the heaviest car in the field. It handles well and feel like just a "bigger" Mazda 2 now.

The Hyundai I added is actually pretty good as well. I had to put cam's in it to raise its awful rev limit and it shifts fast and has decent gearing. When I get home I'll make a post outlining all the pending changes and hopefully a few people can try them out this week and see if we all agree.

Road Atlanta definitely is the best test track to use. Equaling out the cars was interesting because each one seemed to be stronger in certain areas of the track. The cars with tighter gearing and torque really pull up the turn 1 hill while the ligher and higher revving cars can carry a couple mph into the turn but loose a little running up the hill. The 2-3 mph cornering advantage the Mazda 2 had was huge even on the long back straight. It could carry that mph all the way to 10A and would be impossible to catch without giving all the other cars a serious power boost. So as it sits now, the Mazda 2 carries a couple mph out of turn 7 but looses a couple top end, making it hit around 114 before the braking zone. All the other cars run out of turn 7 a little slower, but hit around 115-116 before the braking zone which puts them about even.

Also due to the increased grip in the Mazda 2 and C'eed, I made them "harder" to run a comparable lap to the other cars. They handled so well you didn't have to really push them to run a good lap. Now you pretty much have to have every corner perfect to maximize your corner exit speeds in order to equal the other cars. However that is "easier" to do since they have more grip available.

I still want to test all the cars again on a twisty track with short straights, I'm thinking hockenheimring. And make sure they are still all fairly even there. We are just going to have to accept that some cars will be stronger at other tracks, and that is why you have to stick with the car you start with. Either way it will still be a ton of fun!

DukeOfUndersteer
11/19/13 3:49 p.m.

So, for the Fit, it is getting 205's all way round. Any other BoP changes?

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/19/13 4:23 p.m.

I will storefront all the cars here in a bit when I get home and everyone can try them out. Yeah the Fit gets 205's now and a little power drop. I still need to do a little more testing but it should be close. I'll post all the changes once they are final.

mutant
mutant New Reader
11/19/13 8:50 p.m.

guys-i am in-gotta redo builds and figure what car to race....more to come soon.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/19/13 9:19 p.m.

Where's Poopshovel? I made his graphics for him:

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
11/19/13 9:32 p.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/19/13 9:32 p.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

Lols

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/19/13 9:47 p.m.

Pencil me in as long as it's late afternoon-evening on Sundays. I'll take #77, not sure which car.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/20/13 5:01 a.m.

mind updating the first post when you have a chance with revised car specs?

also fyi my gamertag is ratR0 if you want to add it next to my forum name

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/20/13 7:30 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Where's Poopshovel? I made his graphics for him:

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA! I will rock the hell outta that E36 M3!!!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/20/13 9:19 a.m.

In reply to failboat:

I'm working on it. tried finishing the cars up yesterday before SWMBO called me away but didn't manage. I somehow missed the fiesta and didn't realize it came with 195 tires. So after putting 205's on it it was faster than all the other cars, even with stock power and full weight. It's gearing just puts it in power all the time!

So basically I've got to bump power on everything else and/or remove weight to get them all even again.

I'm trying to get them all to run within a specific range at Road Atlanta and hopefully it will still be fairly equal at all other tracks. 1:43.7 to 1:44.0 is the range I'm looking for. I'm trying to drive the cars all on similar lines and as close to the same way as possible. They should all go faster than that if driven more aggressively but I'm just trying to be as consistent as possible with each one. Mainly looking at cornering speed, max MPH on the back straight and lap time. I should be able to get them all within 1-2 mph cornering speeds and 1-2 mph straightaway speeds.

I'm dedicating tonight to getting them all lined out. I've gotten enough practice in the past few days in each car I know I can drive them all consistently so It will be done tonight and I'll make sure all the changes are clearly posted and all the cars will be on my storefront or in the club garage.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/20/13 9:24 a.m.

no worries. I appreciate the time you're putting into getting this set up.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/20/13 9:31 a.m.

I was in a Fit last night with a "Street Exhaust" and 205's all way round. Best I could do was a 44.5 at Rd. Atl.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/20/13 9:44 a.m.

I'm trying to look at every angle and make sure they can all compete evenly. I'm fairly sure every car will have some change to it by the end. I try and do a consistent 90mph entry into turn 1 with every car and see how they climb the hill. Then the next important bit is exiting turn 7 nice and smoothly. Every car should hit about the same MPH at the end of the straight.

After I get all those done, I'm going to goto a tighter track and compare them all again and hopefully there wont be any obvious differences.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/20/13 9:57 a.m.

I say, keep the Yaris, tweak it a bit, build a Hyundai and see where it stands. Would like more variety. I'm gonna build one of each and test them out myself. Just can't hog the TV for too much longer, SWMBO already dislikes it and thinks I'm a dork for wearing the headphones and talking. I corrected her, I'm an UltimaDork.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/20/13 10:13 a.m.

Lol yeah now that everything else has to be faster I'll take another look at the yaris. There are also 1 or 2 more hatches that could potentially be added if I have time to mess with them. I think there is a Renault and a Fiat (not the 500) that are both close in size and power.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/20/13 11:10 a.m.

Were you finding the Hyundai competitive or did you not get a chance to test it yet? I only threw parts at it on the menu, and my initial impression was that it was heavy, would need a few more parts than the others to get to the same PI range.

I also looked at the Suzuki Liana and (from the menu only, again) it seemed like it might be a ringer and that was why we dont include it. The PI seemed way lower than the others when you had it around the same hp/weight....Of course we should be ignoring PI here but I was just using it as a reference.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/20/13 2:06 p.m.

Would using a hired driver be a fair impartial measure of the cars lap times?

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/20/13 7:12 p.m.

Potential car for testing. Pardon the formatting on my phone. Car might need a slight drop in power but ill let someone wuo has extensively tested the others be the judge. I am several seconds slower than the times mentioned earlier.

Suzuki Liana D343 139hp 133lb ft 2223lbs

Sport air filter. Sport exhaust. Sport cam Sport brakes Sport springs Race sways Race cage Race weight Street trans Race axles Race diff 15" enkeis, 205 width slicks

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zz6KF4TY3zIja3NZqUdfuSkAezY3Bwmw4tBVuHxzwp3ylVkTtKcQ45GexukFLC1O