1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/11/24 5:27 p.m.

The Porsche Cup cars we tested were interesting.  Probably best to avoid bumpy tracks with those!  They were a bit tricky, but did have some amount of tuning so they could set to your preferences (e.g. taking out front bar was a bit scary, but adding rear bar was fine for a bit more tail action).

As with most cars, with a bit of time, I am sure most would be able to handle them.  Here is one I took a pic of at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/24 8:11 a.m.

Ohhh. That would be great fun of people want to go that rout.  

dean1484
7/12/24 8:13 a.m.

How much tuning is there in those?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/12/24 11:30 a.m.

Bars, ride height, alignment and diff I think is about it.   No gears.  So light tuning.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/12/24 11:40 a.m.

IMHO, without suspension tuning, it's too stiff for a lot of our tracks.  Deep Forest was awful.

Taking out front bar did make it quicker, but man would it bite!

dean1484
7/13/24 3:02 p.m.

Forgot to post here.  Server is back up. It was a windows update that caused it to re start. 

dean1484
7/17/24 9:01 a.m.

Tonight is the last and final test session. Please show up as everyone's opinion will be considered for the final car selection.  There are four cars up on the server.  If we decide to go with the BMW we will need to open up tuning of the gears and the dif. 

We will be starting the next series next week.  

Please don't leave the car selection up to Air. We could end up in a 1910 fiat or something. :-).  

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/17/24 9:02 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

You mean tonight?

I still think the BMW is the most fun to drive of the four on the server, with the Lotus as runner up.

dean1484
7/17/24 10:09 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Yes.. . .  Forgat what day it was it has been a crazy week   LOL

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/17/24 5:54 p.m.

Hmmmmm.... no flappy paddles in this baby!

CDN media

dean1484
7/19/24 4:30 p.m.

T-Shirts up to the gt4 series have been ordered today.  I posted photos up in the discord of the shirts.

Gameboy I need a size and a mailing address for you.  You can pm me on Discord or here on GRM

We are waiting on the artwork from Aircooled for the GT4 series shirt so it will be a little bit before I get that done and ordered.

I will also be trying to see if I can set up a storefront with shirts, mugs, and lots of other things with the various series artwork on it if you want to order one for yourself.  I will be doing this at cost.  I am not in this to make any $$$$ on this and if I do it will go towards improving the server hardware we have been racing on.  Currently, it is just a bunch of spare parts I had lying around that I put together.  I did purchase a bigger M.2 drive for it so I can store more cars and tracks locally.  

A shout-out to the company I am using for this.  It is called Spreadshirt (google it).  If you need a custom shirt made they have been quite good and the prices are not bad at all. Designing the shirts has been easy on their website.  

dean1484
7/19/24 4:35 p.m.

I can share the artwork.  I put these on the back of the shirt and the grassroots sim sports logo that I think either pro or Aircooled designed on the front.

dean1484
7/19/24 4:41 p.m.

Oh and by popular demand we are running the Pontiac Ferio GT on the Pirelli tires with a set of headers and a cold air intake (car tuning by Aircooled) So a little bit more power than stock (about %15) so we are upping it to around 150 hp instead of the stock 130.  The cars we ill use will have all the other tire choices eliminated.  While the street drag tires were fun they don't make a series-type car.

We will be starting next week.  I hope to get some practice in this weekend and have the actual car up on the Google Drive for everyone to download. 

If Air does not get the car completed we will run the stock one and I will lock out the drag tires in the server settings until air can complete the modding.

dean1484
7/19/24 4:45 p.m.

Desperately seeking a Fiero GT car mod... | OverTake (Formerly  RaceDepartment)

Download Ponatic Fiero GT 1988 Electic mod for Assetto Corsa | street

Assetto Corsa - 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT LS3 Turbo - YouTube

There will be the obligator 80's themed liveries (Thanks you Aircooled!!!)   So set the way back machine to the 1980's and let's go racing!!!!!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/20/24 12:34 a.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/20/24 12:37 a.m.

Here is a better shot of the 944 shirt.  It is background transparent, so it is ment to put on black or grey:

dean1484
7/21/24 4:59 p.m.

The server is up with the car that air cool modified everybody could please test it. I would appreciate it. I did not drive the car much with the perelli  on it and I'm wondering if it's either overtired or under motored. 

dean1484
7/22/24 3:57 p.m.

I think I want a T shirt of this just because  LOL

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/22/24 6:03 p.m.

I'm back. I know it seems like I went no contact out of nowhere but last Monday I was at work and had to go straight to urgent care because my belly hurt. Like really bad. Turned out I had diverticulitis with a perforated colon. I highly recommend against it. Not fun. I was in the hospital getting pumped full of antibiotics for the week and got out last Friday. I'm just getting caught up on rest now, things seems to be working better now and my pain is almost all gone. I'm going back to actual work tomorrow so things are looking up. I'm looking forward to some normality back in my Wednesday. Or spending the evening with you. ;)

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/22/24 7:14 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Wow!  That's serious stuff.... glad you're doing OK!

dean1484
7/22/24 11:52 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Whoa. Glad you are getting better!!  Look forward to "seeing " you Wednesday.  

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/24 10:39 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I think I want a T shirt of this just because  LOL

Even though I've never driven or even rode in a Fiero, this would be an awesome T-shirt.  And damn, I'm glad gunner is on the mend.  I have a friend with diverticulitis and it is debilitating for him :(

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
7/23/24 10:48 a.m.

gunner, glad to hear you are ok! 

I've been through 8 months of GI/other lower abdominal hell myself and I feel like I'm finally in the clear...

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/24 7:12 p.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

I think I've been battling this for quite a while but since it got so bad I ended up in the hospital I was glad they were able to pump me full of antibiotics and help me get healed up. I have several more days of antibiotics but I'm feeling so much better. I'm glad you are felling better. I hope you truly are in the clear.

dean1484
8/24/24 12:57 p.m.

So I am thinking for next season I want to explore the possibility of running a version of the JGTC from the late 1990s in to the early 2000s.  

The epic battle between the GTR dominating for so long but the Supra clawing its way back to the top. Hondas NSX being there but not really competitive. Porsche as another also ran.  

We need to see if there are cars out there or better yet a car pack. Then see if we can peace together the tracks of the series.  

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qZ2JT2HtA6zJcJqvZwzekIqMbY305CxnDbqENgkOLyOVN4NPEjhrTcIW7LvepWsD