1 ... 5 6 7 8
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/25/24 11:55 p.m.

I found a race car....

Found here:  https://velosmodsworkshop.com/triumph-1

There is an interesting collection of cars on there, including a number of cars from the BPR Global GT Series

The BPR Global GT Series was a grand tourer-based sports car racing series which ran from 1994 to 1996 before becoming the FIA GT Championship in 1997

https://velosmodsworkshop.com/bpr

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/26/24 1:58 a.m.

What about the other 129 cars you downloaded?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/24 10:18 a.m.

We will get to them. 😁.   

We do seem to have an issue with the current car.  Because of this I am thinking that we should end the current series early. 

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
8/26/24 10:25 a.m.

I thought this week was the last race with the Fieros anyway?

dean1484
8/26/24 3:52 p.m.

It will most likley be the end this week.  There are issues with the car model that causes server issues.  I spent hours last night messing with it. Pigwen was kind enough to help out and be the crash test dummy and we narrowed it down to the car being the issue.  Dont know what has changed but it is giving me issues also.   

The good side of things is I down loaded over 100 cars last night for testing.  LOL

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
8/26/24 4:29 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Are we going to need to download the car again?

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/26/24 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Nothing has changed with the car, we were testing different versions of (original fiero, grm versions 1 & 2) it since it was the only one I had trouble connecting with.

And it turns out it was contagious, since Dean started having issues with it too. 

TLDR: I might have broken the league

dean1484
8/26/24 6:04 p.m.

So. The next series is going to be a fast car.  Preferably a race car.  I am still looking at somthing from the late 1990s early 2000s JDM type car.  I pulled down a bunch of possibility's last night. One being a MR2.  I was hoping to set up a JDM battle between the R34 and the Supra of that time period.  The funny part is I have a couple Supras that should work. I am not finding a good R34. They are all set up a drift cars.  I want the GT500 version.  

Now all that being said we have the BMW that we tested with the Feiro M2 car I think?  

I want to do something with the Singer Porsche's but that will wait until later. At a minimum until after the next series.    

Then there is our lord and savior the Alto. I am going to have to do a series with it at some point.  I mean Pro has been waiting a long time to prove to me that it is a great car. :-).   

dean1484
8/26/24 6:07 p.m.
Rodan said:

In reply to dean1484 :

Are we going to need to download the car again?

No we should be good. 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/26/24 6:28 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Then there is our lord and savior the Alto. I am going to have to do a series with it at some point.  I mean Pro has been waiting a long time to prove to me that it is a great car. :-).   

Wait. THIS Alto?

dean1484
8/27/24 12:15 a.m.

So testing tonight of a R34 and a Supra (both Kunos cars) and they were very even.  Lots of fun!!!!

dean1484
8/27/24 2:46 p.m.
Piguin said:
dean1484 said:

Wait. THIS Alto?

Yes that Alto

dean1484
8/29/24 9:11 a.m.

So testing last night of the JGTC cars was fun but I don't think they are going to make it as a series.

The biggest issue is no TC or ABS in light weight 500 plus hp cars.  I am betting these would be frustrating for some people. 

dean1484
8/29/24 9:18 a.m.

I am now leaning towards testing the Alto and a couple other cars next week and just going straight in to a 4-5 race series after that.  

I was thinking of using the JGTC HC system of 2kg per series point you have.  I would be interested to see how that system would work. See how it equalizes the field compared to the system we are using now.   

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/29/24 5:10 p.m.

2kg per point in the Alto would make a difference :D

Smallish tracks would be preferable, even if they are the 'hot' kei versions though.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/29/24 11:02 p.m.

The GT500 cars are in the testing folder.  There are only two.  It looks like the GTR is a paid mod from what I can tell, so only the NSX and the Lexus RCF.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/30/24 6:53 p.m.

I read a lot of talk about the Alto, but still haven't seen one in the test folder...

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/30/24 9:56 p.m.

I'll put one in the folder Monday or Tuesday.  I've been traveling all week 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/30/24 11:57 p.m.

If we want to play with dirt, this looks like a good way to do that.  It does mention that improved dirt physics were added to the latter CSP releases.

Assetto Corsa Autocross Mods: The Dirt Playground Awaits

...There is no doubt about Assetto Corsa being THE mod platform in sim racing. For the most part, however, the community-created content focuses on circuit-based racing, or at least on racing and driving on paved surfaces. But AC has no problem with getting dirty, either...

https://www.overtake.gg/news/assetto-corsa-autocross-mods-the-dirt-playground-awaits.2340/

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/31/24 1:59 a.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

Awesome. There are a few around, so didn't want to pick a wrong one to try.

In reply to aircooled :

That does look fun. I think the updated physics only work offline, but I need to do some more reading on it.

Nevermind, seems that you can set up a server for gravel too. Patch 2.3 or later needed.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/31/24 12:47 p.m.

I've participated in extended physics races (not dirt) on another server.  The stock NA Miata is tons of fun.

dean1484
9/1/24 6:13 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/1/24 10:57 p.m.

I put the dirt cars: Camatos Yamaha, ProPulsion S2 Junior Honda K20 and the track: Saint Georges de Montaigu  in the Testing Cars and Tracks folders.

Seems to work pretty good.  I am runing CSP 0.2.2.  Definitely takes a bit of getting used to (small movements and brakes aren't terribly necessary).

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/2/24 12:37 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Oh, this is going to be fun! Donwnloading now

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/2/24 2:42 a.m.

They are indeed insanely fun.

Didn't do a lot of runs with the Camatos, since the mesh is a problem for me in VR. The fact that it doesn't get out of focus and basically vanish when I look far ahead but is instead equally crisp just messes with my head. 

The K20 seems easier to drive (could just be the fact that I can see out of it) but they are both great to chuck around, as long as you don't expect any kind of grip.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b0qDWCf6zegtgWvlGNNCtQWGP27Q1NvvUmbdKNYRbG9U3tbpGVoSgpEQKHqKoyiD