1 2 3 4 ... 24
Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
6/24/14 11:40 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Fobroader: My friends have an answer to that reloading issue......roll a full platoon 3 deep with derp armed KV-1's. On Cliff we just roll down the "Valley of Death" 3 wide and kill everything. Last night we went down the tracks at widepark then opened up on the enemy from their base side.....one shotting a churchill 1 is an awesome thing.

Im not on a platoon, whatever teams I get put on are grabastic, charge of light cavalry types that go off directly to the other base and promptly get destroyed or Im left defending our base with one arty against 5 of theirs.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/24/14 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Fobroader:

Yea, had that happen too.....the three of us went to head off the enemy on an encounter battle at maliknova, the rest of the team went to the base capture on that open plain.....needless to say, the three of us died(but we took 7 with us) and they all died because they were idiots attempting a base cap within 30 seconds of the start of the game.

Unless I'm arty, I will roll with others and sometimes go solo into the jaws of death for the fun of it. Depends which of the 38 tanks in my garage I'm driving......

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
6/24/14 2:24 p.m.

Its a good time, some people take it WAY too seriously though. A buddy of mine told me he has spent well over $3k in the game I couldn't berkeleying believe it, but he has a crapload of tier 10 tanks and he levelled up inhumanly fast. I've spent a few bucks here and there, but I don't know, maybe $40 bucks in total.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/24/14 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Fobroader:

He leveled up insanely fast because he spent most of that on converting free xp so he could level up that fast. Tier 8 is when you really start going negative silver each round.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
7/1/14 5:54 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Best tank of WWII... German Panther

Unless being available in useful numbers or running long enough to accomplish anything are the metrics you're using. Clearly the Russian T-34s were the class of the WWII battlefield, for a host of regions, but most importantly, they had lots of them, and they didn't break down.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/2/14 12:48 p.m.

In reply to LainfordExpress:

The Germans were far ahead on technical ability, Russians had numbers. The T-34 wasn't really as good as it had been hyped, but numbers were enough.

You saw lots of that on both sides.....the M4 sherman was only good due to numbers as well.

Tis a shame that people back in the states delayed the M26 Pershing's development.....they were put to good use once they arrived in Europe and they were better than the up-gunned T-34-85(as proved years later on a forgotten pacific penninsula)

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/2/14 8:49 p.m.

Almost experienced up to the derp gun for the KV-1S. Then, I will rule the world!

Or at least have some chance of knocking out the high tier tanks.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/2/14 10:56 p.m.

You guys are going to want to see this movie:

Trailer (Sherman Firefly content):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8n5iV53L0U

Hopefully it's a reasonably realistic portrayal.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 12:52 a.m.

About as realistic as Red Tails most likely.

Kzoo, be careful, the KV1s has paper thin armor.......its no match for a 122 derp equipped kv1 in a head to head fight.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
7/3/14 8:11 a.m.

just got started on this. Kills the laptop battery fast. the mobile app kills the iPhone battery fast. I foresee higher electric bills soon.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 10:12 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Or just buy a xbox 360 off craigslist for sub-$100 and download the game.......heck, you don't need a disc drive to play this, only a hard drive or thumb drive.

Sure, gotta pay for 360 XBL membership, but ooooooo Easier than playing on the computer.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
7/3/14 10:16 a.m.

I'm not buying an xBawks

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 11:43 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Then quit complaining about battery life on devices that can barely run it.....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
7/3/14 11:49 a.m.

Oh, I'm not complaining. THe only thing I am complaining about is it ruining my life!

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/3/14 11:56 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Oh, I'm not complaining. THe only thing I am complaining about is it ruining my life!

I both love and hate the game myself. It really is a hoot, but I'm terrible at it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I'm probably getting owned by a 12 year old.

I'm thinking of changing my screen name to "Shoot Here", since that's what everyone seems to do.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
7/3/14 12:08 p.m.
kazoospec wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Oh, I'm not complaining. THe only thing I am complaining about is it ruining my life!
I both love and hate the game myself. It really is a hoot, but I'm terrible at it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I'm probably getting owned by a 12 year old. I'm thinking of changing my screen name to "Shoot Here", since that's what everyone seems to do.

Last night I got my first kill.... it. was. awesome. Of course I was promptly surrounded and shot to hell 2 seconds later... but the kill was awesome.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 12:27 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

My problem is always having arty shooting at me. Otherwise, I usually die 60-70% of the time, but I normally take 2-3 out before that. I also refuse to back down from higher tiers and usually go out of my way to put a world of hurt on them. Like the other night in the derp KV-1.....I knocked out(with M41 help) a Tier 8 T32 and put a world of hurt on a T29 before dying.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
7/3/14 12:39 p.m.

I usually end up with a bunch of people coming at me....because the other people charged the other base....and won't cap....so me and an arty are left at our base trying to hold off a bunch of other tanks, its frustrating but fun....

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Fobroader:

I defend the base and render fire support while rolling the TOG II......because lets face it, it'll take 3/4 the time of a normal match just to get to the other side of the map.....Its gun will open up other tier 6's like a can opener though.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/3/14 3:45 p.m.

TOG = my favorite target when I'm playing Arty. Its sort of hard to miss.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
7/3/14 4:10 p.m.

The tog.....I played that at a friends house.....like dragging a battleship across the field using a Smart Car....but yeah, that thing absorbs punishment like nothing else.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/15/14 12:09 p.m.

So, I finally got the derp for the KV-1S. Against higher tier tanks, its capable of holding its own, but certainly not a butt kicker extraordinaire. When its the top tier tank, however . . .

Last night, for example, I'm rolling down the main street, cresting a hill, when I come across three lower tiers, rolling shoulder to shoulder across the street all "That's right, that's right, we bad"

I one shot the first one and the other two try to reverse away, only a KV-1S rolling forward, downhill is a whole lot faster than anything else in reverse. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill, I had killed all three of them with three shots. It was glorious.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
7/15/14 5:36 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Hats off to you sir!!

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/18/14 10:23 a.m.
Fobroader wrote: The tog.....I played that at a friends house.....like dragging a battleship across the field using a Smart Car....but yeah, that thing absorbs punishment like nothing else.

The Tog is my bread and butter money maker......the 17 pounder will open up most Tier 7's like a can of tuna.

For those of you on xbox version, the DickerMax is available in the store currently......only way to get a 128mm german gun in tier 6 that will pen anything up to Tier 8.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/18/14 10:25 a.m.

Also, I got a TopGun medal yesterday with a derp equipped M5 Stuart.......I was laughing the whole night over that.

1 2 3 4 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NQwPiw6XQGuyT4yBy4huzAl8uvqNDdft3vmUXHdq7TbfAWOufkVoV9mrJjIQTNW1