1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/30/14 1:25 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

the 122 u11 or the long barrel 122 on the 1s?

We had a full platoon of kv1s last night with the long barrel 122.....it was amusing to say the least. Several matches yielded us getting the "Brothers in Arms", "Steel Wall", "Top Gun", and various mastery badges.....I earned 12k xp in under 2 hours.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/30/14 4:06 p.m.

Think its the long barrel 122. I just know it makes a really big bang and punches basketball-sized holes in other tanks. The only hitch is it takes half the game to reload. Smart players in the smaller tanks will jump out, shoot you twice and drive away while you're reloading.

I also got a Hellcat a few days ago. So far, I'm underwhelmed. I've heard it doesn't really get fun until you fully upgrade the drive train and add the 90mm.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/31/14 12:19 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Yep, its a E36 M3ty grind until you do. And the solution is 3 derp kv1s tanks......ripple firing every 5-10 seconds. Nothing will want to mess with a pack of them.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/2/14 8:07 a.m.

Special on right now, at least on the PC version. Free low tier Japanese light tank, free premium membership (so far, its been extended to 2 days) and 5X experience from the first victory. I've played WAAAAAY too much in the past 24 hours.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
8/7/14 1:52 a.m.

you guys suck... I got it yesterday... lots of fun... now that it's almost 2am it is time for bed lol

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/7/14 10:12 a.m.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/9/14 9:46 a.m.

I finally ground the Hellcat up to to 90mm level. Its a long series of ricochet rounds against better tanks to get there, but its a fast, agile, butt-kicker once you're upgunned. Highly recommended.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/11/14 2:46 p.m.

The King of DERP drops tomorrow morning(3am EDT) in the "Red Steel Rain" update for those of us playing the xbox 360 version....the KV-2 will arrive with soviet artillery and some new german lights. Soviets:

KV-2(tier VI King of Derp), SU-18(tier II arty), SU-26(tier III arty), SU-5(tier IV arty), SU-122A(tier V arty), SU-8(tier VI arty), S-51(tier VII arty), SU-14-1(tier VII arty), SU-14-2(tier VIII arty), 212A(tier IX arty), Object 261(tier X arty)

Germans:

Pz. Kpfw. I(tier II light), Pz. Kpfw. I Ausf. C(tier III light), VK 28.01(tier VI light), Aufklärungspanzer Panther(tier VII light)

Also, Port and Live Oaks maps will be added along with platoon battles(up to 7 member platoons)

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/11/14 2:48 p.m.

Tomorrow evening, you'll be able to find me killing everything with the 152mm derp gun on the KV-2.......

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/13/14 10:45 a.m.

Confirmed, one shotted a TOG II last night.....screw AP & APCR rounds on the 152....just shoot HE only.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
8/15/14 11:26 a.m.
yamaha wrote: Tomorrow evening, you'll be able to find me killing everything with the 152mm derp gun on the KV-2.......

MMMM....KV-2....

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/15/14 7:04 p.m.

I can't get past the turret on the KV-2. It just seems to scream "Shoot here" . . . which, by the way, I briefly considered as my WOT screen name.

Something like this: SHOOT ( + ) HERE

Figured everyone pretty much does anyways.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/17/14 3:57 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

The funny thing is, in kv-2 vs kv-2 combat, I'm undefeated thus far......they shoot for my turret, and I shoot for the hull. Strangely I win every time with 1/2-3/4 health left.

We ran a mixed 7 man tonight. One Cromwell, 2 kv-1s, 2 kv-2, and 2 TOG II......it was an unstoppable combo in tier 6 platoon battles. The Tog's were damage sponges keeping the kv's safe and fire 3-4x as fast as the others, and the derp gunned kv's batted cleanup. We went 9-0 in 7vs7 battles with that combo.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
8/23/14 2:16 p.m.

so how did you guys decide what route to go down?... I got about 150 games in and then started a new account and just decided to work with the starter tanks to work on lvling up the extra perk stuff from my crews and learn the game a bit better without having to deal with arty and being 1 shot by a lvl 5 while i'm in my lvl 3

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/23/14 6:25 p.m.

I've kind of progressed about six different lines at the same time. Right now, most of my stuff is about tier 6-7. I've kept some of the lower tiers that were fun, such as the Stug. My favorites right now are the Hellcat, KV-S1 (with the "big gun") and a Panzer IC. The Panzer IC is an easy tank to get into, and can knock out lower tier tanks and, if placed in a high tier battle, can still be used as a scout. If you aren't willing to put cash into the game (I'm not) you have to resign yourself to "grinding" to get certain tanks. Unless you buy premium tanks, there will always be battles where you are pretty much outclassed. That's how they hook you into spending your hard earned cash on video game tanks.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/27/14 3:03 p.m.

I have nearly 40 tanks right now....... Mostly Tier 4-6 because those matches normally don't get the giant tanks tossed in against you

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/6/14 4:04 p.m.

soooo...this game is currently available for free on the xbox 360 marketplace

ill try anything as long as its free.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
9/9/14 11:34 a.m.

In reply to failboat:

The basic game is always free, they make their money by rediculous premium tank costs and such. My advice, run all of the introduction things. You'll get gold and silver for running them. The gold can come in handy later on if you don't want to spend money.

Also, just a note, the download in the marketplace is just to get you to their server so you can download the actual game. Its over 3GB at this point for the 360 version.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/9/14 11:35 a.m.

The PC version is "free" all the time. They hook you by offering ways to buy better equipment and tanks for cash. I haven't put any money into it yet, but I've heard rumors of people spending big bank on the game just to progress faster.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
9/9/14 11:41 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

I've probably spent around $80 thus far out of pocket, but some of that was garage slots, and things like the TOG and matilda BP. Those are two tanks that are well worth whatever pittance they ask when they're up on specials. The TOG has probably made me crazy silver thus far and over 1000 gold selling off earned skills of the crew.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/9/14 2:30 p.m.

it made me create an account for the game...then my xbox got hung up trying to communicate with their servers with my crappy internet connection.

but at 3 gigs download for the game i think i will pass. i have limited monthly bandwith and that would eat up a huge chunk of it.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/9/14 4:11 p.m.

as mentioned its always "free" to play... it's one of the games that is also known as a "pay to win" game... pay the extra to the company and you can buy things that are much better than everything else...

right now i'm about 500 battles in on this account... I did put about 200 in on another account and then realized I wasn't doing anything with the crew perks so started a new account and decided I'd work on tier 1 for a while... I'm starting to move some of my tanks up to tier 2 now... only reason I can see me buying a premium tank is because I can lvl up my crew faster (can swap crew out between them with no penalty)

as for xbox... I played it a few times... in the few games I played it was much easier because you only have like 6 opponents... but after spending a bit of time on the PC i'm much more partial to the controls of the PC and the mod packs that are avl...

as it stands I just want a decent graphics card... right now I'm using the built in intel hd4600 and pull in 60fps on low settings... but it won't let me go higher :-/ and looking at vids I'm amazed at what all more GPU performance will do

anyway... fun game that is pissing the wife off doh :)

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/9/14 4:17 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

When I log in, my wife just rolls her eyes and turns on HGTV.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
9/9/14 11:29 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

Its not really a pay to win game, at least on the Xbox version, we can load up with premium ammo types using silver instead of gold. Also, the premium tanks suck for their tier usually. The only two exceptions were our founders day packs(T23 american medium and panzer V/IV......those two when used right can put a world of hurt on people.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/12/14 6:19 p.m.

yes I'm a dork... but hey

this weekend (till monday afternoon) x2 crew XP 50% off crew training/retraining 50% equipment discount

so that stupid thing that I save up for @ 500,000 silver is now 250,00... wife is heading out... think I know what I'll be doing this eve :)

1 2 3 4 5 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DmG20cMY0WqfxNknNRz9Z97SvHbwh00AuFbImMKCnBoPn0wYt4KDJuPCkZc4F0oF