1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24
yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/5/14 1:24 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

A KV-2 w/152 firing HE's can nearly one shot a TOG from the side though.....so its always a worry and you want to keep your front to them.

We can only upgrade in packages while you guys can as individual upgrades IIRC, but we finally got the 76mm on the M4E2 jumbo with the heavy turret. I was attacked by a pair of hellcats with it and still won.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
11/5/14 1:41 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
Fobroader wrote: Just got my KV-1s and Im slowly working my T-150 towards the IS line...even more painful, trying to get my Churchill VIII to Black Prince....I dont wanna any more....
The churchill VII -> Black prince takes effin forever. I'm only halfway there

Ive got about 18,000 experience to go....it hurts my soul.....

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/5/14 1:57 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to donalson: A KV-2 w/152 firing HE's can nearly one shot a TOG from the side though.....so its always a worry and you want to keep your front to them. We can only upgrade in packages while you guys can as individual upgrades IIRC, but we finally got the 76mm on the M4E2 jumbo with the heavy turret. I was attacked by a pair of hellcats with it and still won.

oh just for correction... it was over 1600 dmg I did with the matilda... 55dmg per shot = LOTS of shots lol.

and it was a kv1 with a derp... I figured it was as I know the kv2 is basically just a ground arty and has impressive pen... still that little tier4 spitting out 55dmg every 1.75 seconds with good armor (I was angling pretty well against him)... I've had a few awesome clutch games with the tilda and it's crew still isn't at 100%...

I'm going to be moving to tier6 tanks here soon I've got a few researched and have the silver but am holding off a little longer... debating between the cromwell or the kv85 my wn8 average is about 500 higher in the heavy tanks over the meds so that may sway my choice... we'll see how that goes here soon... need to save up a bit more free xp first as stock tanks suck lol.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/5/14 2:01 p.m.
Fobroader wrote:
yamaha wrote:
Fobroader wrote: Just got my KV-1s and Im slowly working my T-150 towards the IS line...even more painful, trying to get my Churchill VIII to Black Prince....I dont wanna any more....
The churchill VII -> Black prince takes effin forever. I'm only halfway there
Ive got about 18,000 experience to go....it hurts my soul.....

get that free 1000 gold and spend a bit of it on a day of premium... 25-35 games and you are done :)... I did that last night to research the cromwell (er ok it was only 12,000 xp)... or at least at minimum make sure you are using your free daily double... you could afk and still walk away with 300xp that way (not that I can condone that)

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
11/5/14 2:04 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

I play it every night....EVERY night.....I just don't like the bloody thing. The gun depression is terrible, its slow and the gun is "meh" at best.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/5/14 2:29 p.m.

lol I don't mind my russian Churchill III but have no intentions of going up the british heavy line any time soon... already have too many lines at tier5 that aren't finished (still have the sherman jumbo to research in the m4 and 3 of the 4 to research in the t-34)...

I'm finding the only way to get though researching a tank has been to concentrate on one specific tank at a time... at most 2 if I die early I can jump into another game... I'm expecting it to get worse when I get to tier6 lol

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
11/5/14 2:36 p.m.

Ive got a lot of tier 5s and two tier 6s.....it takes so much grinding the further up you go and I do not want to spend money on the game.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/5/14 3:33 p.m.
donalson wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to donalson: A KV-2 w/152 firing HE's can nearly one shot a TOG from the side though.....so its always a worry and you want to keep your front to them. We can only upgrade in packages while you guys can as individual upgrades IIRC, but we finally got the 76mm on the M4E2 jumbo with the heavy turret. I was attacked by a pair of hellcats with it and still won.
oh just for correction... it was over 1600 dmg I did with the matilda... 55dmg per shot = LOTS of shots lol. and it was a kv1 with a derp... I figured it was as I know the kv2 is basically just a ground arty and has impressive pen... still that little tier4 spitting out 55dmg every 1.75 seconds with good armor (I was angling pretty well against him)... I've had a few awesome clutch games with the tilda and it's crew still isn't at 100%... I'm going to be moving to tier6 tanks here soon I've got a few researched and have the silver but am holding off a little longer... debating between the cromwell or the kv85 my wn8 average is about 500 higher in the heavy tanks over the meds so that may sway my choice... we'll see how that goes here soon... need to save up a bit more free xp first as stock tanks suck lol.

I would have flipped over to a single premium round from that 122-u11 derp that the kv1 has.....that will go through a matilda's armor(even with angling) and blow it sky high. Just a note on the king of derp KV-2 though, ONLY USE HIGH EXPLOSIVE AMMO. It will never bounce, always cause havoc to crew/modules, and even though it only has 86mm of penetration with the HE shell, its splash damage will kill about anything with sub 700 hp in a single shot.....including other KV-2 head on.

Fobroader wrote: Ive got a lot of tier 5s and two tier 6s.....it takes so much grinding the further up you go and I do not want to spend money on the game.

I have most tier 7's unlocked in the lines I've been working on, but I have only purchased the Panther and Soviet S-51 Arty. I think I shocked SBF last night with the realization I had 42 tanks from tier 2-7

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/5/14 3:48 p.m.

yup but its easy to understimate a matilda... it's only a tier4 medium... something a normal 122 derp shell wouldn't have a prob with but with 75mm front/side armor (also figure in for angling) and 90mm on the turret he didn't stand a chance unless he changed to gold rounds... and if he did that would have been a very expensive kill for a matilda lol... I really do enjoy it when I see people having to spend massive silver on prem rounds to kill me... good times

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/5/14 4:00 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

the 122u11 would have taken 1 to sufficiently cripple you(one shot if it ammo racked you), I'm of the type to happily use them if necessary. I do it all the time with the u11 on the t34-85 when I get stuck in with tier 7 heavies.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/7/14 7:21 p.m.

took a kv2 hit today in the tilda... took all but like 30 of my HP not sure what gun it was.... but I got over 500 of his before someone bigger took him out for me lol... but his funny turret sure is an easy thing to hit... over and over and over and over lol.

anyway real reason I'm posting is free premium days... the missions are pretty easy also earns you nearly 200k silver http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/veterans-day-2014/

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/10/14 10:19 a.m.

In reply to donalson:

The turret isn't the place to shoot a kv2, the hull is.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/10/14 10:56 a.m.

when the turrent isn't pointed towards you and it gives you that HUGE nice side profile to hit over and over and his hull is angled or hull down (how pointless is that in that tank? lol)... you shoot the turret... 75mm vs 75mm + angling ;-)

on a side note... got my kv85 last night... hope it's as fun as the kv1s has been... with that free premium I got from holoween week on the forums and double xp till wed I should have it fully upped within by then and my crew getting close to 100% in the 2nd perk

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/10/14 11:19 a.m.

In reply to donalson:

What the heck is a kv85?

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/10/14 11:26 a.m.

kv85 is the new russian tier6 that replaced the kv1s without the awesome derp or great gun depression of the old kv1s. the new kv1s is a very toned down tier5 and it's derp sucks... then again as a whole I'm not a derp fan most of the time lol....

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/10/14 11:51 a.m.

That is very depressing.......for us, the kv-1s is still a tier 6 with the 122 d-2-5T option. It has E36 M3 for armor though.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
11/10/14 11:55 a.m.
donalson wrote: when the turrent isn't pointed towards you and it gives you that HUGE nice side profile to hit over and over and his hull is angled or hull down (how pointless is that in that tank? lol)... you shoot the turret... 75mm vs 75mm + angling ;-) on a side note... got my kv85 last night... hope it's as fun as the kv1s has been... with that free premium I got from holoween week on the forums and double xp till wed I should have it fully upped within by then and my crew getting close to 100% in the 2nd perk

Having owned both, I'm sad to report the KV85 is no where near as fun as the 1S. I lost the 1S when they reclassified it (a crappy move as far as I'm concerned, but whatever, its a free game). I sold the 85 shortly thereafter because we had already purchased the IS and the 85 just wasn't good at anything. Its not a derp, the armor isn't that great and its slow. I've noticed not may people are playing with them anymore except the ones grinding to the IS.

This weekend's specials were a hoot. Pretty close to the coin and experience for a Tiger 1.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/10/14 12:16 p.m.

kv85 is still pretty used in tier6 strongholds.. that and the US m6 heavy as that is more about hit points, DPM and mobility... i've been rocking the cromwell in it... super fun :) but that is prob a small sampling of the WOT players... but strongholds is defiantly 100% not pubs

also that challenge that gives you an extra 180,000 silver (the 11th hr challenge) is on till wed :)... add the double XP they've got going on today-wed it's a good time to waste time playing lol... I hope to unlock the IS by that time

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/10/14 12:30 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

I have the IS unlocked and haven't even bought it yet.....lol

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
11/13/14 1:31 p.m.

I am blaming you guys for introducing me to this game.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/13/14 2:37 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: I am blaming you guys for introducing me to this game.

yup I'm with you on that... stupid game lol... but I enjoy it a ton :)

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/18/14 1:15 p.m.

Surrender monkey artillery and the gerry's MAUS line are coming for the 360 version!!!!

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
11/26/14 11:43 a.m.

Bought a KV1s, KV85 and a KV3....god help me. Good news, finally got rid of the horrid Churchill VIII and now have a Churchill Black Prince, not much for hitting power, but man the armor is awesome.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/26/14 1:26 p.m.

In reply to Fobroader:

Actually the Churchill VII has slightly better armor, just half the hit points of the Black Prince.

FWIW, I did this the other night with a fully upgraded Churchill VII

Lost the round because I was 2 shots away from killing an Easy8 at the end. I was 1 vs 5 or 6 for the last 3 minutes....3200 damage caused. Nothing could pen me if I had them headon and side scraped.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
11/26/14 1:33 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Damn....thats some killer stats!!!

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ahgRGmh2KAf9BRVJpV5CRwp25OI9bN4jVmQbH4YTka0ME7d8riKwQuWOGOVTT5bq