nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/22/24 8:32 a.m.

A few months ago on the official Bad Decision Triangle messenger conversation (the source of way to many of our issues) it was decided that we should go on an adventure.   I had watched a Fort Nine video where they took a minibike on boat as luggage, and I was inspired.  I said "let's buy scooters and go somewhere".   And as you do we all said..  that sounds like a good idea.  

Apparently if you tell the BDT, "Here is a reason to buy a new vehicle" we all will almost immediately say "sounds great".  The earliest we all were available was this week so we were a little concerned about weather.  

Destination:

We discussed destinations and knew we wanted somewhere with off road and decent things to look at.  We needed it to be within a day drive of the Triangle.   Weather told us to go south instead of north.  We decided to head towards northwestern Arkansas.  There are a substantial amount of Forrest roads and off road trails.  We are going to base out of my RV and do a few day trip loops from the campsite.  

The Steeds:

We laid out some ground rules.

1. Scooter, has to be a scooter.

2. 50cc because fun increases with vehicle inappropriateness.  

3. All rules are more like guidelines

I will allow the participants to discuss their choosen champion.  Here is mine:

2005 Yamaha Zuma, 50cc 2 stroke.  Preparations included..  .  Riding it.  I put about 500 miles on it so far.  It needed front brake pads.   Yes I took the lazy approach. 

So follow along with us as we do sillyness over the next 5 days.  First stop is Bentonville because a few of us couldn't resist doing a few hours of MTBing before the scooter riding and its like right on the way.  

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/24 8:54 a.m.
nocones said:

Yes I took the lazy approach. 

Paid money AND did work ≠ the lazy approach. I borrowed the pit bike from work...it's a Honda Ruckus. I don't know what year it is. I had to look up whether or not I needed to mix my fuel, and other basic scooter things.

Here's some pics from Day1: The Gathering

nvm, the forum still fights pics from my phone. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
10/22/24 8:58 a.m.

following along intently.  I wish I lived closer to the BDT.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/22/24 9:16 a.m.

I always thought the Ruckus would be a fun little runabout.

And how about some inspiration:

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/22/24 9:31 a.m.

damnit! I know a guy who would want in on this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hhF3CTdgmTVLlyw44e1bhW3mSQO0ytdj3pSolpo1p8j078ijb15B44voQqnZSSDe