TC
TC New Reader
2/21/17 9:24 a.m.

105k miles, no rust. I've had this Sebring sitting around for a few months now, I don't have any need or use for it. Has the 2.5L Mitsu V6, auto, and basically a 2nd gen Eclipse underneath. Initially got it from family to use as a winter beater but then had a job change where I don't commute so it's just been sitting in my back alley. Needed a new crank sensor...replaced that along with the distributor/cam sensor/ignition coils and runs fine now. Its body panels are all slightly different shades of white so I assume it's had some accidents in the past, but I have a clean PA title. Starts, runs great, drives alright, everything works on it, including the AC. I take it around town every couple weeks to keep the juices flowing. Could use new tie rod ends at some point, and the left front sounds like it's scraping pretty bad, so either a new wheel bearing or rotor could be in store -- but it could also just be scaling since I don't drive it too often, it does subside after driving a bit. I have a new timing belt for it that I'd throw in as well. Could use a new valve cover gasket, seeps a bit of oil onto the exhaust manifold over time but not enough to have to refill between changes. Not currently inspected since I've barely driven it.

I'd be open to trades too, would want something I can rallyX (so like a manual hatch would be good) or a tracker. Offering to you guys at name-your-price, mainly so I don't have to deal with Craigslist again with a sub-$1000 car. Located just outside of Philly, I can post some pictures up if anyone is interested.

TC
TC New Reader
2/27/17 10:22 a.m.

Alright, throwing a price out - $500 obo. I'll get some pictures up today. Really really trying to not sell this on Craigslist for the sake of my sanity, even if it means practically giving it away.

TC
TC New Reader
2/28/17 10:53 a.m.

Edit: video finally uploaded, here's startup: Link to video

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/3/17 8:18 p.m.

Would it make the drive to nc?

I find myself in need of a cheap car quick.

TC
TC New Reader
3/4/17 4:54 p.m.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't make it -- everything works and the tires are in good shape and all that. I'd probably make sure my AAA was up to date for peace of mind, but no reason to think you'd have any issues. Before I got it, my BIL drove this about 60 miles daily and never had any issues. I'll take it out for a drive on the highway tomorrow, get everything nice and warmed up and burn through some of the fuel that has been in the tank for a bit. If you're interested shoot me an email at beautyofmachines@gmail.com, happy to take more pics, answer questions, etc.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/4/17 6:35 p.m.

Actually, hold off for a minute. Seems an astra may have fallen in my lap....

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
3/4/17 7:03 p.m.

I'd buy the crap out of that if you weren't in philly.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/5/17 6:09 a.m.

$500 obo? I'll take 800 to take it away from you.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/5/17 7:20 a.m.

Post it on craigs and Facebook. Should disappear quickly

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/5/17 9:56 a.m.

Skipping the astra. Rather dance with the devil i know.

You have email.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/5/17 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I had considered this for the single mom car I am looking for but I've decided that I'll be better served by a 4 door.

Like yourself, I'm about 500 miles from the car. If I was moving forward, I would have gone out to Uship and done a "name your own price" listing. For a running car on open trailer, the load would quickly be picked up at 50 cents per mile or $250. Brought right to your front door. For me, it beats driving 8 hours each way.

TC
TC New Reader
3/9/17 9:27 a.m.

Sale is pending-ish. Waiting to hear back from a family friend locally.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fCzSv9RiRPY17Cukp0LQAS5CViVTEg2fKOIlbW6iqVeoit2zLiUTR3VGHmLkqSzB