1 2
beans
beans
3/8/13 10:27 a.m.

'92 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Cruiser S Station Wagon. Looking for a quick sale.

$700 Just bought a car, so this needs to go! Help me fund my FSP Accord build! 164K, I put about 300-400 miles on it a week. No radio, wiring is there, will come with one that can be wired in Interior is filthy(mainly just the carpet, I've never put the effort into cleaning it). Paint is meh, not a ton of rust(couple spots, but nothing rotted through. Doesn't look too bad after a wash. Loud-ish exhaust(it's quieter than most civic's with fart pipes, sounds like a bass boat). Loud under acceleration, pretty quiet at speed. Cut springs(pretty bouncy/crashy), pretty damn low. New front tires(2 weeks old), rear tires are still good, probably 70% life on those. No headliner. A/C compressor is there but is bypassed, might work with a serpentine belt. Heat works GOOD. New coolant. Buick-derived 3300(short deck/smaller displacement 3800), 3-speed auto, Decently quick, surprising, would definitely kill a single-cam civic with mods. 23mpg consistant mixed driving, 300-350 miles to a tank. Most I've dumped in it is 15 gallons, about $50. New Rain-X driver side wiper. No interior rear view mirror. 3 rows of bench seating, rear most seat is rear facing. No leaking fluids, no burning fluids, nothing. It's solid. Cruises 70+mph all day long. I don't go much above that considering it's a 3-speed and I can only imagine the MPG's get incrementally worse with higher speeds. Cruise control kicks ass. Rear defroster doesnt work. Power locks, seats. Manual windows(why did GM do this? stupid.)

Just basic transportation that's decently hilarious to drive. I get thumbs ups from people all the time and it's a pretty funny car to drive. I'm sure with a good interior detailing, this would be a pretty clean car. It's dead nuts reliable, starts right up every day without issues. I don't have a ton into it, but it's a great, reliable vehicle for someone looking to go from A-B without worry. Toss a radio in it(has one included with sale), good to go. I drive it to Detroit once a week from Toledo, and daily from Toledo to Monroe. This thing would kick ass as a $2013 build. Pick up a cheap L67, figure out the wiring, add some decent wheels and tires, change out the shocks, be a baller.

NO TRADES

Located in Toledo, OH

Chris 720-989-5689

Are you ready to see this beauty? I don't know if you can handle it...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/8/13 1:00 p.m.

i approve

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/8/13 1:04 p.m.

3-speeds were non overdrive. Which is it?

patgizz
3/8/13 1:40 p.m.

should be a 3t40 non OD 3 speed

beans
beans New Reader
3/8/13 2:51 p.m.

Probably just the torque converter locking. Edited the original post to reflect.

beans
beans New Reader
3/9/13 10:17 a.m.

Also, I have a written receipt from the PO showing how much I 'paid' for the vehicle, as well as I can provide a similiar receipt for all those wanting to purchase the car for LeMons/$201X challenges. :)

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
3/9/13 10:27 a.m.

You know, with the lowered stance and dark wheels against the dark paint, it doesn't look so bad. Ditch the roof rack and black out the chrome window trim and it'd probably look pretty good. Surprising.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
3/9/13 10:47 a.m.

the rear is slightly lower then the front. that bothers me. Cars have to fit flush or slight forward rake.

But that all can be fixed

beans
beans New Reader
3/9/13 3:31 p.m.

All it needs it some lacy early 90's GTP wheels, blacked out trim, and some more front spring cut. Big pimpin!

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/9/13 4:03 p.m.

This almost begs for a 3800 s/c swap.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
3/9/13 5:02 p.m.

When did A bodies get old enough to be cool? Jeebus, that means I'm old too.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/9/13 6:40 p.m.

This is GRM. Normal age/cool rules do not apply. If we had a cool wall, Yugos and Miatas would be Subzero, right next to Volvos, P71's, Astro vans, and nearly every other brushed off car.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/9/13 6:41 p.m.

Would you be interested in a trade for tire/rims?
15x7" Konig rims with Bridgestone Potenza S-03 tires. 205-50-15 fronts. 225-50-15 rears. 4x100 et20

This classified listing from before Christmas.
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/15x7-konig-imagine-4x100-w-bridgestone-potenza-s-03/56625/page1/
Pictures from sale of e30 which includes pictures of these rims.
http://s645.beta.photobucket.com/user/jrw1621/library/87%20BMW%20325is

If you accept this trade, my intention will be to drive the wagon to New Orleans, LA - the long way.
Additional info

PS: I need something that I can haul hookers in.

I have a few Mk1 MR2 items that may be trade worthy as well. Do you have any interest in a MR2 LED light spoiler (only offered 1 year.)?

beans
beans New Reader
3/9/13 8:40 p.m.

This is a prime hooked hauling cart, I assure you this my leige. Willing to work on the asking price too, I need this gone yesterday.

If they were 4x114.3, I'd say yes. Unfortunately, my new car is an Accord.

beans
beans New Reader
3/9/13 8:48 p.m.

Would be willing to trade for a clapped out bike too.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/9/13 9:24 p.m.
beans wrote: This is a prime hooked hauling cart, I assure you this my leige. Willing to work on the asking price too, I need this gone yesterday. If they were 4x114.3, I'd say yes. Unfortunately, my new car is an Accord.

$100 or less should put you into a set of adapters.

patgizz
3/9/13 9:48 p.m.

what kind of bike?

1982 virago xv920.

7500 miles, i made a single carb intake, put on some new stuff, a harley tm40 mikuni, got it running, then cranked it too much and fried the starter. has new solenoid, new clymer book, new fuel lines, rebuilt petcock. sounds awesome with no mufflers on it. its been sitting a while and is a project(needs fork seals, front tire, cleaned up lots). even has a brand new battery. slightly disassembled - i have the seat off, rear seat frame off, and some small bits in a tub. i was going to hide the relays in the old airbox and build a bobber type seat frame and fender and get some kind of solo seat but everything is there. i've got about into the bike what you're asking for the car, especially since the battery was one of the $80 ones and not a $35 one.

if you're interested i've got pics online but my photobucket is broken right now.

beans
beans New Reader
3/10/13 10:55 a.m.

Yeah, get me pics. Viragos aren't really my thing but it sounds interesting and I can make a cool rat out of it.

patgizz
3/10/13 11:08 a.m.

these are on my photobucket account.

http://s1134.beta.photobucket.com/user/patguzowski/library/xv920

the last pic of the carb is one of the originals that i just tossed on there to fire it while i waited on the new one to show up.

the big v twin sounds badass and they can be beautiful easily. taking off the rear seat and seat frame made all the difference in the world.

here's exactly where i'm at number wise.

$200 bike $150 carb $80 intake $80 battery $20 solenoid $20 petcock rebuild $10 fuel lines $20 service manual

the sitting for a while is before i got it too. i bought it in the spring and cleaned it, flushed the tank, did the work, got it running enough to know the stock carbs were crap, got it running on the single harley carb, and while i was playing with tuning on that one is when i cranked it too long and fried the starter. only after i did that did i see on the yamaha forum to not crank them long without a break for the starter to cool. the oil drain plug seal is bad too so it's left a spot on the floor in the last 4 months.

clear ohio title. it's signed and notarized right now, not sure if my name is on it or not but if it's open it's good to go otherwise i'd go put it in my name and have it be ready.

this is the direction i wanted to go with it, but then got back into offroad bikes

if you are interested i can take some more pics, and i'd have no trouble doing the driving.

beans
beans New Reader
3/10/13 2:55 p.m.

Pat, give me a call around 8 tonight. Not past 9 though, walking dead is on. I'm on spring break this week so my weeknights are free after 530/6.

Bring walleye.

beans
beans New Reader
3/10/13 7:57 p.m.

Also, if you could, go through this link:

http://www.drpiston.com/Buying_a_Virago.html

And forward me anything you can add to it. Any notes are great! Send it to beanscen@gmail.com

patgizz
3/10/13 9:42 p.m.

didn't get your message to call until 10:30... was outside all day.

the only thing i can add beyond that link, which i myself read before i bought this bike, is that the common starter problem is some sort of gear issue in the starter drive under the side cover and not the starter itself. the guy i bought the bike from told me, without asking anything about the starter, that he and his buddy each had the same bike and took the cover off and fixed the issue. the gear issue will lead to the starter motor spinning but not turning the engine over to start.

i know that my bike only needs a starter motor or the motor taken off and gone through, it was spinning the engine fine until i screwed up and cranked it too long.

i'm going to tell you right now the bike needs lots of cleaning. there is light rust on the exposed part of the forks, the bars and engine are no longer shiny and could stand being cleaned up with a scotch brite or something. I also think the front fork seals need to be changed. the rear air shock holds pressure. the paint on the tank is fine. i've got the original carbs and stuff too, but one of them was locked solid hence why i did the single carb stuff. throttle cable needs hooked up, etc...

front brake master cylinder is dry. i never got far enough to mess with the brakes. i just planned to buy a rebuild kit for the master and caliper just to be safe, brakes aren't something i cut corners on.

that's about all i've got. the seat is nice too so if you wanted to go a single seat route you could get a few bucks for the original on ebay.

it has right around 7500 miles. i bought it last year. the PO bought it at the bike dealer here in medina about 14 years ago and rode it for a while then got a harley and parked it in his garage for 12 years. before that i have no idea but it has new york state inspection tags on it from the mid 90's.

beans
beans New Reader
3/11/13 6:20 p.m.

Thanks for all the info Pat, I'll keep you posted to let you know what goes on. Currently still trying to get cash first for it, I really need to get this Accord FSP prepped before the race season hits.

patgizz
3/11/13 7:39 p.m.

ok cool. i cant justify buying the car but i can justify trading a bike my wife does not want me riding on the street for it. so if cash fails i'll be here.

beans
beans New Reader
3/11/13 7:48 p.m.

Sounds good! Thanks for the interest, if nothing happens within a week, I'll give you a call!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZdTvFqM6bYzSRfRthrCb9r1sNM8DmZp28FA2d4KdyZZm6SvJkVZoiPMJKZE5RvSG