Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/20/10 9:41 a.m.

I will most likely never get to this, so I offer to anyone else who might be interested in a little piece of rally history. Only 664 imported into the US between 82- 87, this is an early '83. 5 cylinder WX turbo 10V motor, 5 speed AWD.

First, it has rust, nothing that can't be fixed if you have the time, skills and desire. It runs and drives, but doesn't stop, can not be driven home, must be trailered or remove rear drive shaft and tow dolly it. It naturally needs paint after the rust issues are resolved, was originally Gobi beige but was resprayed to the more desirable Mars red. It was done completely in the door and hood,trunk jams. I replaced the hood and trunk with better condition used pieces. I do not have the originals. Both window regulators work, all glass including windshield is good,has Fuchs wheels and a good exhaust. I have the original leather seats but they are in need of work, comes with a set of brown cloth seats from a later CGT. Dashboard has some cracks, needs new carpet, I may have one somewhere.

Price is $2000 firm

Needs work, but I have seen what most of you are capable of and this would be a cakewalk for most.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/10 10:11 a.m.

Oook. I don't need to see this. Where is it?

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/20/10 10:26 a.m.

Blue Point, NY 50 miles east of NYC on the Island.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/10 12:10 p.m.

Phew. 2000 miles of safety distance.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/20/10 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Supercoupe:

ZOINKS! I was just looking for one of these on Craigslist. I do /not/ need another car, though. Now I'm canceling my trip to NY. I just won't see my family this year.

Uhhh... do you have any more pictures of the car, most notably the rust areas and underbody? Can you send them to amhorach at gmail dot com?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/10 12:34 p.m.

There is a similar one in a field nearby for almost free. What are the odds that between the two I could make one solid, running rust free car? (0%?)

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/20/10 12:41 p.m.
Keith wrote: Phew. 2000 miles of safety distance.

I was just thinking the same, especially as I'm currently in the market for an AWD winter fun-ish car.

paanta
paanta New Reader
8/20/10 12:47 p.m.

Describe this rust situation in more detail?

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/20/10 1:50 p.m.

A few small holes on fenders, drivers side rear 1/4 forward of wheel is the bad spot, drivers rocker and along floor 1 1/2" wide . Strut tops/towers are good. I'll post some pics tonight.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/20/10 1:52 p.m.

here you go...

Ian F
Ian F Dork
8/20/10 2:29 p.m.

oh damn you...

for that price, I almost think I could disassemble it, pay to have the rust professionally repaired and the car painted, reassemble it, and not be horribly upside down vs. its value.

damn you...

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
8/20/10 3:06 p.m.

:drool: always loved these. I'm doing mental arithmatic, but not getting any good answers.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/20/10 4:08 p.m.

I worked for Audi back when they were introduced and always wanted one also. Got the FWD equivalent Coupe instead.until I found this and I bought it on impulse. I am taking a loss on it but I just don't see me ever getting it right. I still have the CGT though and if it doesn't sell I may just transplant the turbo motor and part what's left.

wcelliot
wcelliot Reader
8/20/10 9:27 p.m.

As a previous multiple UrQ owner and frequent critic, this sounds like a smokin' deal for somebody... I sold my last UrQ in similar condition for twice as much over a decade ago...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
8/21/10 9:08 a.m.

What's the sea-greenish car behind it?

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
8/21/10 10:39 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: What's the sea-greenish car behind it?

Looks like a late 90's Audi A4 to me.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/21/10 10:42 a.m.

Must... not... buy... and... section...

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/21/10 1:09 p.m.

the green car is a 98 A4 30V 2.8 V6 5 speed quattro that will be listed soon. It's my daughter's car that needs exhaust and a little body work/paint. She hit a patch of black ice at 60mph getting of the highway going to school last January. Spun around 3 or 4 times, missed all the other cars but went off roading against a chain link fence, that proceeded to rip the exhaust off the car and f-up every side of the car to some degree. I changed the front left fender and bumper, but still needs work on the trunk lid and rear bumper cover and bottom of the door on the left side. Starts up runs and drives fine, popped the driver seat air bag but not the dash bags (apparently the air bag sensor was not connected). 105K, except the driver seat bag, super clean black leather interior. Looking to get $1800.

barracua423
barracua423
9/27/13 12:07 a.m.

Supercoupe - i live in the hudson valley new york, about 100 miles north of the city, i want to buy ur audi if you still have it

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
9/27/13 1:12 a.m.

This thread is over 3 years old...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JrRbwBXyiYPLHm9okNqn6R7lGvMLzKgJUbZtV9ffQTKldkUVXrpgRhDCIBnnZXjw