dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/6/12 2:07 p.m.

1985 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe in Columbus, Ohio - $800

I bought Lisa a nice Honda SH150i last year and so it's time to sell off her old Elite 150 Deluxe. It's a 1985 with 13,388 miles on it and looks good from a distance but has its share of bumps and bruises - it's clear that a lot of people have learned how to ride on this and dropped it a few times. Okay, a lot of times. But it runs and rides great and is a ton of fun to ride. It'll go about 55 easily and keeps up with city traffic no problem. It's a lot more reliable and long-lived than the knock-off scooters you see around. It includes a Honda top case of nice size.

It could use a carb cleaning - every now and then after sitting it cranks (starter turns) but doesn't want to start. If you give it some starting fluid it will start or if you give it a few minutes of rest it will start. The pop-up headlight is fixed in the "up" position because the electric motor to raise it is bad.

Discount available for GRM peeps.

I wanted to keep it but the garage seems to get smaller and smaller as time goes by.

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
5/6/12 3:06 p.m.

Reminds me of my college daze...I think that began about 1986.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
5/6/12 4:30 p.m.

How would it be as a pit bike?

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/6/12 5:06 p.m.

It would be awesome as a pit bike and I would cut you a good deal on it. It is one more thing to lug around, but if you wanted pit transportation this is definitely suitably lemony and more comfy to ride than a pocket bike.

I have an Irish gentleman coming tomorrow or Tuesday to look at it, let me know if you're really interested in it and we'll see what he ends up deciding.

Edit: Maybe if it turned into a pit bike we would swap the top case for an open crate. The current case is nice if you need to lock it but for pit transportation the lid would probably get in the way more often than not.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/6/12 6:41 p.m.

I've wanted a 150 DeLuxe since they were new, but I just bought a motorcycle two weeks ago. Damn.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/6/12 6:44 p.m.

Okay, you have mail. Damn.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/6/12 7:33 p.m.

Shoot, man! That's too bad, I didn't know you wanted one. It would have been available - I just now finally got off my duff to advertise it. I'll answer your email now.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
5/6/12 8:13 p.m.

You have posted more vehicles I want to buy than anyone I know. To be fair I did buy one of them and used to own another but still.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/7/12 7:38 a.m.

Ha ha, I think our tastes in vehicles is too close for comfort.

Hopefully you're not pining for a 3/4 ton truck because one's likely to be posted soon... if I can get over the idea of not having a truck.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
5/7/12 10:19 a.m.

13,000 miles is a lot on a scooter. Most Nortons you see don't have that many miles on them.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
5/7/12 10:48 a.m.

I've ridden bikes, scooters, and motorcycles and got the most skinned up ever...riding my sister's scooter around her apartment complex.

I really want another motorcycle, but it looks like my budget won't go farther than a scooter at this point. Not this one (though it is pretty decent), but soon?

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/7/12 11:03 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: 13,000 miles is a lot on a scooter. Most Nortons you see don't have that many miles on them.

I know, right!? I love that it's seen more miles than most Harleys will see, like ever. They're all likely at surface street speeds, too; being a small tire scooter taking this on the freeway isn't a good idea. We never did but the previous owner did. Yikes.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
5/7/12 12:12 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: 13,000 miles is a lot on a scooter. Most Nortons you see don't have that many miles on them.
I know, right!? I love that it's seen more miles than most Harleys will see, like ever. They're all likely at surface street speeds, too; being a small tire scooter taking this on the freeway isn't a good idea. We never did but the previous owner did. Yikes.

I was traveling home down I-85 one day going a little over the speed limit and got passed by a scooter traveling two up. Of course it was a bit bigger than this one, but darned if it didn't pique I interest.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/7/12 12:51 p.m.

Just to keep me from Having a fight tonight when I get home this is sold right?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/7/12 12:52 p.m.

Dang it, that would be perfect for the wife but you're on the wrong side of the country.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/7/12 12:57 p.m.
nocones wrote: Just to keep me from Having a fight tonight when I get home this is sold right?

Not quite though there are several people interested. Tell her it's for her to ride, she'll love it. ;-)

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
5/7/12 9:25 p.m.

My mom has an '89 Elite 250. She keeps telling me she's getting it running so her and my stepdad can use it. Thats what I've been told for the last 15 years. I'm considering flying down to Texas and stealing it.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/11/12 11:04 p.m.

Soldddddddddd

Miette says "how much gravy will this buy?"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ekUIzTwLeQQIb5piY8rSZwNZSMXGeViC4lgeMQYWyam89XpVLVlf6hkVUvb1sVRn