petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/3/17 9:54 p.m.

I've noticed all day today that when scrolling posts in any of the forums I'll sometimes scroll down and get either black lines across my screen, or the entire page will be black. Sometimes if I wait a second it will load, but other times it will not. I thought it might be an issue on my end, but it does it on my Win-10/IE11 POS, MacBook Pro, and iPhone(not the lines, just the blacked-out screen, and only very momentarily). Our internet has been working fine, so I don't think that's the cause.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
1/3/17 11:38 p.m.

Nope. iPhone and iMac in the last 20 mins

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/3/17 11:38 p.m.

I haven't found scrolling or zooming to work very well since the last upgrade. Ads and banners keep getting in the way.

Zoom and scroll together?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/17 6:44 a.m.

Haven't seen such a problem with Firefox or Chromium on Win10 or Linux, all combinations I've used in the last few days.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/4/17 7:03 a.m.

Yeah Pete, thought it was old ass lap top.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
1/4/17 9:10 a.m.

I get it occasionally on my laptop. I thought it was on my end. Usually only happens in the hot link or gif threads.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/17 9:12 a.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I get it occasionally on my laptop. I thought it was on my end. Usually only happens in the hot link or gif threads.

In that case it may be your computer struggling to load a huge number of images at once...a mini version of the slow Videos page problem. I know the gif hotlink thread is slow for me for this reason (animated GIF files themselves are large)

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition SuperDork
1/4/17 9:28 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I haven't found scrolling or zooming to work very well since the last upgrade. Ads and banners keep getting in the way. Zoom and scroll together?

I don't have the OP's problem, but +1000 on this.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/4/17 10:44 a.m.

I agree with Gameboy, sounds like the same issue as the Videos page. We're adding pagination to the videos page for quicker loading by the way.

SVreX, are you talking about mobile viewing? If you wouldn't mind emailing me some more information maybe we can come up with a fix. Is this bothering more people than you two?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7fVZFLDASOnKxcvxYpVQjGV0zVdBzJxMDCeWWXdhhbGRT5OYOgFOhyBZhW51qAgr