wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/21/13 7:28 a.m.

not mine ...etc ... ( mods, if this should be in the classifieds, please move ... but since it was over the challenge price ...???? )

Mostly toter not so much home...

1991 International 20ft box truck powered by DT360 turbo diesel engine with 5sd manual transmission 157,000 miles. Homemade conversion to garage toter, garage area is ~16ft the remaining 4 feet up front has a raised platform and counter top. Hauls one car inside and has a trailer hitch to tow a second car. Rear air ride suspension lowers and 14ft Melcher fiberglass ramps are used to load the car, ramps stow under car. Area under counter top is storage accessed from the garage side. Area over cab is used for sleeping. Interior is mostly unfinished, work stopped once RV registration was achieved. There is a small water leak at the front right corner of the box, there`s no damage on the outside so it should be fixable if one spent time to track down the source of the leak and seal it. Aside from that corner the rest of the box is dry. Also has automatically isolated 2nd bank of deep cycle batteries to run interior lights and other house loads. RV registration prevents hassle of scales and logbooks when used for recreational purposes at least in Washington.

contact info http://roadraceautox.com/member.php?u=1972

golfduke
golfduke Reader
2/21/13 8:13 a.m.

how much? Just merely curious.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/21/13 8:52 a.m.

$6k ( forgot to add the link: http://roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=42443

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/21/13 9:17 a.m.

the ramps remind me of that video...

WHY DID YOU MOVE!

Also I wonder if those are air or wet brakes...

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/13 10:11 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: Also I wonder if those are air or wet brakes...

Not air brakes if it's mechanically the same as the Internationals I used to deliver parts with. Not sure how many mechanical variations on that model there are, though...

I just hope it doesn't have the Allison automatic. Those things could barely get out of their own way unladen, and with the automatic I'd turn the corner onto freeway on-ramps as aggressively as I dared and still be merging when I was only doing 45 mph...

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/21/13 10:37 a.m.

In reply to ransom:

I know the newer ones can have air brakes but I think they are a longer wheelbase. All I know its too old to have our wet brake HPB system like the newer box trucks have, it is garbage.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/21/13 10:38 a.m.

I would be happy just being able to find that with a JerrDan on the back for under that price.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aEZbEqS5YZf8Y69vSVSHiABeXwiUOMlV6dtb6RDJCFYp4SAlmaBHmDb6R7lJ1g5i