1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/8/18 2:08 p.m.

I saw one in the flesh the other day. Wow. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
5/8/18 2:26 p.m.

maybe this maroon won't make the car depreciate 40% faster like other maroons do

David S. Wallens
5/8/18 2:38 p.m.

And I admit that I might be a little biased. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/8/18 3:05 p.m.

I have never seen a red car and not thought, "That car would look better in a different color "

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/18 3:18 p.m.

Snrub
Snrub Reader
5/8/18 3:23 p.m.

I like it.

It always amazes me that with fun cars most people still select grey, black, white, etc.

David S. Wallens
5/8/18 3:30 p.m.
Snrub said:

I like it.

It always amazes me that with fun cars most people still select grey, black, white, etc.

It's all cars but, yeah, you're right that it applies to fun ones, too. Nice to see a little color out there (says the guy who just built up an all-black Benz as part of an editorial exercise). 

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
5/8/18 3:42 p.m.

I like it too.  The Lightning Blue Mustang I had for a loaner was also very pretty.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/18 3:44 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Not fair, all black S-Class. No words needed lol

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
5/8/18 4:25 p.m.

I want one, but then I'd have to go to a car dealer, and I'm convinced after my last adventure that dealers are not interested in selling me a car.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/8/18 4:40 p.m.

Pretty.  Maroon/burgundy is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated colors for sporty cars.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/18 4:46 p.m.

This color?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/18 6:04 p.m.

my BMW was and my Disco is that pretty maroon colour. Definitely understated and classy

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/8/18 7:15 p.m.

That's a good looking Mustang but I think I'd hold out for the Bullitt edition later this year.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/8/18 10:09 p.m.

I was driving by the ford dealer recently and they had a new 5.0 out front in that color.  I actually did a uturn and pulled into the dealer to check it out.  It’s not your typical maroon....looks like a candy maroon really.  I liked it a lot.

David S. Wallens
5/10/18 4:20 p.m.
Cotton said:

I was driving by the ford dealer recently and they had a new 5.0 out front in that color.  I actually did a uturn and pulled into the dealer to check it out.  It’s not your typical maroon....looks like a candy maroon really.  I liked it a lot.

It is, isn't it? And I agree, the forthcoming Bullitt looks awesome. I'm a sucker for green (says the who's never owned a green car). 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/18 5:34 p.m.

I may be a bit biased myself...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/10/18 6:00 p.m.

Deep candy colors need to make a comeback. I'm a sucker for a deep candy/metallic green.

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler is Black Forest Green Metallic. It's black in the shade but turns a deep metallic green in the sun.

Not my pic but shows the color pretty well.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
5/10/18 6:06 p.m.

I'd be concerned it looks similar to the Cherry Red Pearl color from Nissan in the earl 90s.  Great in sunlight but in the evening/twilight it was very close to purple.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/10/18 6:06 p.m.
Snrub said:

I like it.

White with blue stripes are the colors fast Mustangs are supposed to be, IMO. That said, anything BUT black is fine with me.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/18 6:10 p.m.
Snrub said:

I like it.

If they're buying Miatas, they don't even have the option other than a spectacular red. Everything else is white, another white, almost white, grey, a different grey, a blue grey, almost black or black. And I'm not making that list up.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/10/18 6:14 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

I'd be concerned it looks similar to the Cherry Red Pearl color from Nissan in the earl 90s.  Great in sunlight but in the evening/twilight it was very close to purple.

I’ve seen both up close and royal crimson looks much better than cherry red pearl imo.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/18 6:17 p.m.

I look forward to seeing the new Ford Red when it is painted on F150s. Otherwise, i'll have to wait for all the California Mustangs to hit ebay in 5 years and someone local buys one. This is not Mustang country.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
5/10/18 7:04 p.m.

Alabama fans will love it. 

Nice to see it's not another shade of neutral. 

I want to see more seafoam green colors come back. Honda did it for a couple of years with the 2nd gen fit. 

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
5/10/18 7:34 p.m.
Snrub said:

I like it.

It always amazes me that with fun cars most people still select gray, black, white, etc.

People buy what's on the lot.  The dealership buyers are a conservative bunch.  They don't order colors people like.  They order colors people won't object to.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hNGtratLMAhO7XgA7OrIEbpveynXOPmgBOOZXj2bZHIDcdt4Udcu3jYl09jo4OMV