8/22/16 3:39 p.m.
Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/22/16 3:55 p.m.

That's a lot of fuarking beamers

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/22/16 4:11 p.m.

I went here to look at a 2002 once and I forgot where it was. You should see the cars on the inside - the place was piled high and there wasn't as much outside. The owner was a little eccentric - younger guy and almost Howard Hughes like but I thought he was one of those genius kinda guys. I thought it was in Broadview rather than Westchester, IL.

The 2002 I was looking at was piled high with parts and tools and I wasn't sure how he was going to clean it off to sell it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/22/16 4:26 p.m.

I am willing to go back and do a story on this guy. Yes, Westchester is not far at all.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/16 4:45 p.m.

I can't imagine anything worse than a yard full of broken BMWs.

Crushed dreams and the realization that German cars aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
8/22/16 6:26 p.m.

The guy I bought my last E21 from was a certified BMW hoarder. His yard had about 30 BMWs of various vintages sitting around. Most were low mileage one owner cars that he bought and just parked in his yard. Mine had sat there next to a creek for ten years. He also had a barn across the road that was crammed full of the nicer ones. He was a BMW mechanic, I can only assume that he came into a bunch of money at some point and just started buying cars left and right and then just let them sit in his yard or barn. And he was a hoarder, you physically couldn't walk through his house. It took him over an hour and a half to find the title.

Here is what it looked like when I drug it home.

And this is what it looked like after a weekends worth of cleaning.

You can see that it was an honest to goodness, clean, low mileage, original paint car, that was in very good condition when the guy parked it in his yard right next to a creek and let it sit for ten years. It took me a lot longer to get the fuel system cleaned out.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/16 7:13 p.m.

He may be fielding a Spec e30 team, or letting those that do use his lot for storage?

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
8/22/16 8:30 p.m.

I feel like anyone hoarding E21s is doing a public service. E30s though, that dude is running a hedge fund.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/22/16 8:38 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I can't imagine anything worse than a yard full of broken BMWs.

What if the yard full of broken BMWs were yours?

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
8/22/16 8:39 p.m.

looks like a decent smattering of 1970s orange in the mix. It would be fun to turn JakeB loose with a bavaria and an e34 m5

stroker
stroker SuperDork
8/22/16 8:49 p.m.

Wonder if he's got any E24 manuals in there...

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
8/22/16 10:02 p.m.
ssswitch wrote: I feel like anyone hoarding E21s is doing a public service. E30s though, that dude is running a hedge fund.

Meh, I'd rather have an E21 over an E30.

But my guy was into everything. He had an 850i M sport that hadn't moved from it's spot under a pine tree for 8 years next to an E39 M5 that had around 28K miles on it when it was parked there years prior, plus so many more. And none of them had been touched since they were parked. I really wish I would have got to see what was in the barn, he said the nice stuff was in there. Really freaking eccentric guy. I really think he bought them, drove them home, parked them and never thought about them again. Weird.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
8/22/16 10:07 p.m.

I see a 6-series right in front.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/16 7:43 a.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: I can't imagine anything worse than a yard full of broken BMWs.
What if the yard full of broken BMWs were yours?

I would probably have to eat a bullet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uLUHcRuqeMC6cJu58KDyqkUFYkoGMpRKzbwZo0JjQm6XMjVqHxF35PTBj6S2xBbr