1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/16 6:33 p.m.

Before you get out the pitchforks, let me explain!!! My uncle that passes away 5 years ago was an AMC restorer and had 3 AMX's when he passed, his car that he'd had since he was 16, the car he just finished, and one he had started on. His kids got all 3 and kept his, giving the finished car to my other uncle. The unfinished one has sat around forever and now my dad has it, along with the AMX he's had since he was 15. So he has a spare 1969 AMX that he doesn't know what to do with. I've talked him into letting me buy it at what he's in it for (which is the only way I'll ever afford a real AMX), but obviously the Javelin would have to go. The AMX is a 1969 in Hunter Green with white Go-Pack stripes and a tan interior. It will have a 360 with some light mods (all the stuff that was going on my Javelin) and a Borg-Warner auto. I really, really hope I can swing this...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
1/22/16 6:34 p.m.

I hate to see the javelin go, but a greet/tan/go pack am is a good reason.

Javelin
1/22/16 6:35 p.m.

This isn't the car, but it's the right year/make/model/colors:

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
1/22/16 6:41 p.m.

My mom had a '69 in Hunter Green when I was a kid. Tan leather, 390, auto, GoPak, Trendsetters, Rally-Pak and minilite wheels (real ones). I am happy for you!

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/22/16 6:43 p.m.

AMX > Javelin for sure. Are you going to change your forum handle?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
1/22/16 6:47 p.m.
mblommel wrote: AMX > Javelin for sure. Are you going to change your forum handle?

Do you think the court system will let him legally change his name just because he got a different car?

Javelin
1/22/16 6:52 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
mblommel wrote: AMX > Javelin for sure. Are you going to change your forum handle?
Do you think the court system will let him legally change his name just because he got a different car?

I did change from P71 to Javelin, so I'm sure I'd change to AMX!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
1/22/16 7:31 p.m.

Fair enough, but don't change your avatar. It's hard to keep up with name changes.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/22/16 7:38 p.m.

Dad had an AMX he raced with a big block for decades. His friends affectionally called it the pregnant pinto. I think they look great, way better proportions than the javelin. Cool beans!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/22/16 7:45 p.m.

Yeah, as much ad i hate to see the Javelin go, amx. Itd be like me selling the ms3 for...idk. an e30 wagon? I dont even know what i want that much.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
1/22/16 7:49 p.m.

I think that the GRM gods will smile upon this...
so long as the open classifieds get first crack at your (current) namesake

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/22/16 9:25 p.m.

AMX all the way!

Javelin
1/22/16 9:33 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Fair enough, but don't change your avatar. It's hard to keep up with name changes.

That has been my avatar since the day I took the photo! Packwood SCCA autocross circa 2008 or 9?

Javelin
1/22/16 11:08 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: I think that the GRM gods will smile upon this... so long as the open classifieds get first crack at your (current) namesake

Posted!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/16 9:40 a.m.

AMX to replace your Javelin. I hope that this works out for you...

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/23/16 10:42 a.m.

Sounds like a worthy trade. Any chance of swapping out the auto for a manual? Or is there a desire to keep it original?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
1/23/16 10:53 a.m.

Since ma mopar bought amc, does this mean that a magnum 318 with efi and an nv3500 will be an ok, in the family swap? If so, I vote for that.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/16 12:07 p.m.

You're doing the right thing.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
1/23/16 8:44 p.m.

Oh, all right but just this once.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
1/24/16 12:37 a.m.

I love the AMX. I think its a good choice

Javelin
1/26/16 9:25 a.m.

Here's the AMX!

The engine bay, door jambs, and trunk are all painted and the body is totally ready for paint. The interior is completely in and done. Dad will build me a motor with all of my speed parts (headers, Comp cam with valvetrain, Edelbrock Performer, MSD billet distributor, etc). He has a few 360's and a 390, so we'll see what size it ends up being. He also has the Borg Warner automatic for it. It has a 3.15 limited slip in it already. We will have it painted before putting the motor in.

Javelin
1/26/16 9:31 a.m.

Gah! Why won't Google photos work?!?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/26/16 9:39 a.m.

I see the photos now! Looks great!

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/26/16 9:42 a.m.

Great score. Dig those wheels.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
1/26/16 9:44 a.m.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the Javelin is way cooler. I also know nothing about these cars, so that opinion is based solely on looks. There is nothing else that looks quite like a Javelin... this AMX is a little more run of the mill looking. Either way, it's cool, and my opinion doesn't really matter! . Have fun, I'll be following along!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1iPHVtgiPAuG5KWKTdJX6GUWwUxStAtvOxMRcNVMKPzgk0vDjMqCsXipNJMJUVaY