redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie New Reader
8/25/15 8:20 p.m.

I'm headed to my favorite little junkyard for some specific bits but I'm also on the lookout for Toyota bolt pattern 4x114.3--the classic rwd pattern found on most four lug rwd Toyota vehicles. I think Nissan used these too?

What I need are a pair of autocross suitable wheels--light, rugged, cheap. I dig Celica Supras but already have a pair...not that I wouldn't gladly take another at the right price.

Suggestions as to what to look for?

JP

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/25/15 8:23 p.m.

This may help:
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=5&StudSpreadInch=4.75&StudSpreadMM

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/15 10:28 p.m.

With aluminum prices being what they are, good luck finding any alloy wheels in a junkyard. Around here they seem to scrap them before the cars even hit the yard.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 10:38 p.m.

Infiniti wheels are good options. Look for a G20's mesh wheels.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
8/25/15 10:43 p.m.

79-93 Fox body Mustangs have the same bolt pattern, except for SVO models. There were quite a few of them with aluminum wheels. EDIT: memory fail, pattern is smaller, sorry.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
8/25/15 10:50 p.m.

240sx tear drop wheels are pretty light.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
8/26/15 12:11 a.m.
81cpcamaro wrote: 79-93 Fox body Mustangs have the same bolt pattern, except for SVO models. There were quite a few of them with aluminum wheels.

Fox Mustangs are 4x108.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/15 5:30 a.m.

323 gtx, bonus if you score the Millen wheels, new fiestas, I think Galant VR4s as well

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/15 10:17 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: With aluminum prices being what they are, good luck finding any alloy wheels in a junkyard. Around here they seem to scrap them before the cars even hit the yard.

The ones around here seem to resolve that by charging nearly $50 (including 'core charge'...) per wheel, and typically another $30 for the tire on it. I've largely figured it's far easier finding cheap sets of wheels on Craigslist...

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
8/26/15 10:30 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: 323 gtx, bonus if you score the Millen wheels, new fiestas, I think Galant VR4s as well

New Fiestas are 4x108 like the older Focus. No help there.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
8/26/15 10:43 a.m.

Where are you located at? I've got some old 14" Datsun aluminum wheels in my basement.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/15 11:02 a.m.

MGB? When I had a flat I learned that my MGB and FB RX7 wheels interchanged just fine. People can't seem to give away the MGB rostyles and they are pretty light. They are also skinny. Maybe they are light because they are skinny.

redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie New Reader
8/27/15 10:01 p.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: Where are you located at? I've got some old 14" Datsun aluminum wheels in my basement.

I'm located in Tulsa, OK. I don't have an issue traveling...do you have any pics?

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
8/28/15 8:12 a.m.

They're 14x6 factory Nissan wheels from a 280ZX. I used them years ago for auto crossing, hence the torque specs written on them. They're in need of a good cleaning and polishing but they're straight and include all of the shank lug nuts and washers. No center caps.

I'll never use them again, make me an offer. I am willing to ship.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mDUomj75He5KsofpT3p4nsNJrdVkNYp3mibZsyvQC9BdtcerRjxIW5YPC6cocdSM