1 ... 6 7 8
Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
6/7/17 7:45 a.m.

Mazduece,

I know you're doing the COE, but you also mentioned some Ferrari's early on.....

These are in Texas:

Testarossa package deal found on Barn Finds

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/7/17 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

Mrs. Deuce said she's going to grab a Powerball ticket on the way to work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/7/17 8:10 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

If you get those, how much do you want for the fire damaged one?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/7/17 8:20 a.m.

If I end up in the position to buy them I'll drop that one at your house on the way home. Rally Ferrari?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/7/17 8:24 a.m.

FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket New Reader
6/7/17 10:06 a.m.

Wow, you can really find everything on the internet...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/7/17 4:20 p.m.

Take this Mazdaspeed 3, replace the engine and in the process make it AWD. It's been done using (IIRC) CX-7 parts. I'm betting the CX-5 parts would be a pretty close match, though the auto trans holding up to the engine might be an issue. However, nobody says you have to do that project again. Since the engine is blown, the sky's the limit!

Wasn't the Volvo S40 on the same platform?

compaddict
compaddict New Reader
6/8/17 2:36 a.m.

Find a G63 and you can tow your Airstream! Vince

Kzp70
Kzp70 New Reader
6/9/17 2:55 p.m.

As far as the legal end of things, you should be able to register and insure the truck as an RV, since you will not be using it for a business. Some states may require a non-commercial class A or B license license depending on GVWR. Air brakes may require an endorsement if you add them. Once you are the interstate and major state freeways, you are on the national network, which exempts you from state laws so you only have to worry about satisfying DOT regs, which are simplified for private use trucks.

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/a-semi-for-personal-use-paperwork-question.32264/

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
6/10/17 10:10 a.m.

Mazdeuce has now seen the truck in person, and he's still excited about it, so expect photos soon.

Nash
Nash New Reader
6/25/17 4:38 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I have a Coworker that may still have his supercharged 1st Gen mr2, shoot me an email if it's something to pursue. I almost bought it a few years back. Jdn112011 at gmail

It was a daily driver she's just rusty

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/26/17 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Nash:

This is where I admit that I've become a southern/Western car snob. If you're willing to travel there are too many good rust free examples of almost anything to bother with the rusty ones.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9M7OcXzidZahqINvLEvn8jt5hht0tZAffsAL84vUtBbyB209t2up7YvhBIzgPP2u