digdug18
digdug18 Dork
8/12/12 8:29 a.m.

LINKY

Not mine, etc, etc.

Still not a bad rare car for $4500, I wonder how well it goes through the cones.

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
8/12/12 9:07 a.m.

First time I have ever seen one of those

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
8/12/12 11:03 a.m.

I am not a Honda guy, but knock off about a $K and I would give it a shot.

BAMF
BAMF Reader
8/12/12 11:09 a.m.

I remember seeing a couple of these around town in the late '90s. Looks like fun, but I wonder how much reinforcement those things got with the removal of the roof.

calteg
calteg Reader
8/12/12 6:45 p.m.

How strange! I saw one of these at a gas station last Summer and figured the owner had just taken a sawzall to it

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/12/12 7:21 p.m.

Wow, haven't seen one of those in a while. When I lived in Atlanta (20 years ago), I'd sometimes see one when driving to work.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/12 7:41 p.m.

I like this:

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/12 7:41 p.m.

Not quite as smoothly executed:

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
8/12/12 8:00 p.m.

If I was closer, I'd sell my '87 rt4wd and buy it. I wouldn't worry about the reinforcement, straman started making convertible's out of Ferrari's and Benz's, then moved onto other cars, making limited runs and so on. I've read previously that the convertible crx option was another $5000 on top of the price of a regular car.

This car should also have cruise control and some other minor extras that straman added when he converted the cars, though no 2 were alike.

autoxrs
autoxrs Reader
11/4/12 4:30 p.m.

Rare as hens teeth, a total of 310 were converted. To the best of my knowledge we own the first ever Si converted. (Every documented Si that has appeared on the RPR registry has a serial number higher than ours.) We probably spent several years looking and ended up buying ours in 2009. Its an '85 with ~70k miles and #1061.

Yes that's completely unrestored. No two were alike as stated before. Most had cruise control. Ours has cruise and an old school in dash equalizer stereo. There are major structural reinforcements running down the door sills. Those are probably the worst areas for rust.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qby0txRsoo3kDfypLqv3ZM3d9wFvGfIgBdeNqc8MgcHPaZUDVD2nSzZJaaRUqwkk