1 2 3
NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/24 10:10 a.m.

I sub to GRM and CM and Hot Rod until it runs out. I just kept renewing it because it was cheap and I have such fond memories of going on the Power Tour. Hot Rod has been going down hill for a long time and this new quarterly deal will be the end of the road for me. GRM in the mailbox day is still my favorite mail day of the month, even the wife and kids know it. The wife hands it to me and smiles and gives me this movie quote:

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/19/24 11:36 a.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

A friend just gave me a pristine copy of Hot Rod from 1955. What a great read! And -although it was never intended that way, a historical/social record of the time.

I have a book that reprints the first 12 issues of 'Hop Up' magazine, which was a spin-off from Road and Track starting in August '51.  https://www.abebooks.com/first-edition/Hop-First-12-Issues-Morton-Mark/30700100555/bd.  Very cool read.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD HalfDork
3/20/24 12:25 p.m.
NY Nick said:

I sub to GRM and CM and Hot Rod until it runs out. I just kept renewing it because it was cheap and I have such fond memories of going on the Power Tour. Hot Rod has been going down hill for a long time and this new quarterly deal will be the end of the road for me. GRM in the mailbox day is still my favorite mail day of the month, even the wife and kids know it. The wife hands it to me and smiles and gives me this movie quote:

My wife tosses that one around a lot too.  Everytime someone mentions October. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/24 12:36 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:
dd

Satch was probably the #1 reason I started subscribing to Autoweek back in the late 80s. Loved his writing. Too bad he got himself mixed up in that... unfortunateness (He was also a HS teacher in Alaska and had an affair with one of his students).

What else are you supposed to do over those long winters?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XH1XZ3CRDILuCp0kx6p9OMBtgQQNv3o6P4kIs4VJnY2CPyqxfOKFrGEQzUvkVaf8