1 2 3 ... 6
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/8/14 7:41 p.m.

We don't have a general Olympics thread so here we are.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/8/14 7:43 p.m.

USA strikes Gold first! Unfortunately we didn't hold the lead long. Norway leads at the end of day 1 with 4 medals and 2 are Gold.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/9/14 11:59 a.m.

Looks like Bodie Miller choked again

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/14 1:12 p.m.

I actually watched the opening ceremonies this year. The Russians did an impressive job with them. I haven't had time to watch anything else.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
2/9/14 1:20 p.m.

I've been watching. I like the Winter Olympics more than the Summer Olympics.

I'm really looking forward to bobsledding which is my favorite.

I'm glad I have NBC Sports Network. It's on all day.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/9/14 1:48 p.m.

I am a huge bobsled, luge, and skeleton fan myself.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
2/9/14 1:57 p.m.

Gotta be a proud Mom there somewhere.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/9/14 3:15 p.m.

I would not want to be being shot at by the woman in the biathlon!!!

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
2/9/14 3:42 p.m.

So far, the U S of A hasn't been doing well in any of the events I've watched.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
2/9/14 5:28 p.m.

Haha there's a rumor going around that the engineer responsible for the snowflake malfunction was found dead. It's not true.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/9/14 5:38 p.m.

When is the bobsledding,luge, and skeleton going on? That's all I really care about other than watching women's figure skating. Who doesn't want to see hot girls in tight clothing?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
2/9/14 5:49 p.m.

That doesn't start until later in the week.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
2/9/14 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

Mens single luge finsihed this morning. Womens luge is scheduled to finish on the 11th Doubles finishing on the 12th.

Bobsled runs Feb 16-23. Skeleton 13-15

Schedule details can be found on nbcolympics.com- it's where I got it. I'm sure you can find similar info at a CBC site as well as the sochi.ru site.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
2/9/14 6:15 p.m.

Without a Sat or Cable subscription... How can I go about watching the stuff they are not showing on OTA NBC?

For the America's Cup NBC sports pulled the same crap.. You could stream it live on youtube anywhere in the world but the USA.. But Americas Cup had an app which allowed you to watch it live, as well as pick your camera angles ect...

Is there anything out there like that for those of us who refuse to buy cable/sat service?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/9/14 8:18 p.m.

I am watching OTA but they are only showing highlights unless you stream on line, but due to the time difference they start at 3 AM

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/9/14 8:24 p.m.

Yeah, I am basically just watching OTA whenever the TV is on. I will try to watch all the bobsledding type events live if possible.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/9/14 8:28 p.m.

Anyone know if theyll be showing the downhill events on nbc?

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
2/10/14 6:42 a.m.

Speed skating just got a lot more interesting.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
2/10/14 7:59 a.m.

After watching the cross country race, I didn't realize how similar it is to car racing, until I watched the race this weekend. Having the correct wax compounds, switching ski's, even the passing. To bad the Americans don't do so well. Of course the Biathlon is also a treat in stagey in skill.

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
2/10/14 8:11 a.m.

The slope style and alpine skiing are fun to watch. I could do without all of the different variations of figure skating (single, doubles, teams, etc.).

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
2/10/14 8:12 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Anyone know if theyll be showing the downhill events on nbc?

Men's should have been shown yesterday. It was yesterday.... one of my pet-peeves about NBC's coverage. I saw it covered twice on CBC.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
2/10/14 8:14 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: After watching the cross country race, I didn't realize how similar it is to car racing, until I watched the race this weekend. Having the correct wax compounds, switching ski's, even the passing. To bad the Americans don't do so well. Of course the Triathlon is also a treat in stagey in skill.

Like Antistance, I like watching the ice run events- very much like autocrossing. Although, it's more like rally cross in that it's a sum of all the solo runs. Hard to see the tiny details what makes the #1 that much better than 2, but it's still cool.

But in x-country, I also like to see Biathaon. Pretty cool to see people who can shoot that well after skiing that hard. Very interesting to see some strategy, where you keep calm enough to shoot perfectly, and then go all out on the last lap.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/10/14 8:54 a.m.

Yeah that Cross country race was amazing. Guy waited till the last big climb made his move and was gone!

Did anyone see that girl split her helmet on Slopestyle???

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/10/14 10:17 a.m.

15 year old team woman figure skater gold medal winner.

and Putin's response

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/10/14 10:18 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Did anyone see that girl split her helmet on Slopestyle???

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PqjnMXQdVnx33yuBVJUzU4ZlcibnvJ5Fq47Ft9JVjRVPl2ipCYrp1TRm8af02u43