1 ... 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 ... 4724
NickD said:

Is it me, or is there some wacky tire deflection going on with my driver's rear tire in this photo?

Fairly natural deflection for 20 some odd Psi, says I.

Completely unrelated dingo:

Gary
Gary UltraDork
8/2/20 9:49 a.m.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/2/20 10:07 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/2/20 10:29 a.m.

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/20 11:44 a.m.
914Driver said:

Looks like this is an art print.  The artist made a series of Porsches in unusual situations.  Chris Labrooy

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/2/20 11:52 a.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
8/2/20 12:51 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Cyber Truck wanna be ?

Pic unrelated:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/2/20 3:30 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Mini- Rolling Vengeance?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/2/20 3:33 p.m.

Cadillac really should have done the Sixteen.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
8/2/20 8:24 p.m.

I'm not by any means a big Caddie fan. But I am a big fan of automobile design. These are the vintage Caddies I like:

'49 Series 61 with P-38 tail fins. Cadillac was the first GM brand to get tail fins under the direction of Harley Earl. I still think this is a beautiful car design.

'57 Eldorado. Tail fins growing to excess, still under the direction of Harley Earl. I still think this is a beautiful car design. The brushed stainless steel roof is an unbelievable option, and very rare today.

'62 Coupe de Ville. New age GM styling under Bill Mitchell. New way forward. Tail fins are on the way out. Cadillac is in a transition year. I still think this is a beautiful car design. I love the lower tail fins. And I'd love to own one of these for a summertime cruiser.

I just realized that I like the styling of all these gems best from rear three-quarter view. And they're all 2-door coupes.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
8/2/20 8:54 p.m.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
8/2/20 8:57 p.m.

An auspicious group of car-folks:

Stewart Reed (ArtCenter), Gary, and a vintage Maserati A6G Zagato after a symposium on car design. Audrain Concours d'Elegance weekend, Newport, RI, Oct. 2019. (And I sat next to Ken Lingenfelter in the front row during the symposium. Great time!)

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
8/2/20 9:46 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/2/20 10:40 p.m.

I actually prefer the series 62 Fleetwood hardtop from 1960. That roofline is fantastic.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/20 7:34 a.m.

Abandoned caboose in a shipyard was used as an office.   Then a guy bought it....

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/20 7:35 a.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/3/20 8:09 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Cadillac really should have done the Sixteen.

I'd rather have gotten the V16 Tahoe development mules that GM had. They built two or three Tahoes with lengthened front ends to cram that engine into and do test work to make sure they ran and drove and worked properly. They were wild. They never would have seen the light of day until Bob Lutz posted a video on the internet of him whipping donuts in one.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/3/20 9:20 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I feel like we need a LOT more information. 

Picture family related 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
8/3/20 9:27 a.m.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/20 10:19 a.m.

Got to drive one of my favorite roads in Ohio on Sunday.  The rain held off for the best part of the road and I even had the top down.  Man I really needed that.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/3/20 10:34 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

The Mazda Suitcase was designed and built in 1991 as part of a design competition organized by the technical department of Mazda. One of the engineers came up with this idea: ′′ What if you could get off a plane, pick up your luggage and instead of waiting for a taxi or shuttle open the suitcase and leave." The early 90 s was beneficial for Mazda. They had already reinvented the roadster with the MX5 and won the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the 787 B, so why not design a car in a suitcase? A small group of seven engineers from the group formed to create this craft. They bought the largest Samsonite suitcase they could find and a pocket motorcycle for this. The 33,6 cc 1,7 horsepower, handlebar and tires of the Pocket Bike were then installed in the suitcase. The rear wheels installed outside for better road outfit, while the front wheel came out by a removable front hatch. Car / suitcase only took a minute to be assembled and reached a maximum speed of 30 mph.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/3/20 11:40 a.m.

Fires burning over the hills in NV. Smoke is the local forecast until who knows when. Coughing and migraines in my future, but it made for a great sunset as we came back into town last night. 

sorry for the photos. Too fast on bumpy asphalt through dirty windows. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/3/20 11:47 a.m.
RossD said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/725212677992868/

Oh hell, I have family less than 20 miles away. berkeley

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 12:29 p.m.
914Driver said:

Abandoned caboose in a shipyard was used as an office.   Then a guy bought it....

I think that was/is available as an AirBNB. I distinctly remember seeing it or a very similar Caboose on AirBNB when I was working in Silly Valley. Unfortunately it was a bit over my budget.

1 ... 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 ... 4724

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
amG0R7FIo8BZaxw0KpCaAEYIxXBPl9zWd4WCbc2geoldLu1Zr82cRvoer8XKzwqD