1 2
BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/16/12 8:43 p.m.

Felt nothing here on Long Island. Did i miss it? What time did it happen?

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/12 9:32 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Fracking does not cause earthquakes any more than chromium causes cancer. Just put that out of your head and get on the money train. Whee!

What was that about getting run over by the $ train??

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/16/12 10:14 p.m.

when I lived in Panama we had a few over the years... was an interesting feeling... just enough for you to know something didn't feel just right...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/12 10:19 p.m.

I was sitting on the couch reading during an earthquake once. The house started to creak and I thought it was just getting really windy, but when I looked outside, none of the trees were moving. Then the dishes in the cabinets started to rattle so I figured out what was going on. I doubt that it lasted more than fifteen seconds, but it felt like a really long time.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
10/16/12 10:19 p.m.

Born and raised in Youngstown Ohio. Frack central now. 7 earthquakes in the last few years. Before the fracking, never. Make your own conclusions.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
10/17/12 12:18 a.m.

Know what we call a 4.0 earthquake in CA? Tuesday.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
10/17/12 12:50 a.m.

I had my 65 Corvair on stands with the drivetrain out when the Northridge quake hit... I was about 3 miles from the epicenter.

Car was sitting on the ground afterwords. The fun part was putting the drivetrain in during the many aftershocks ( drivetrain goes in from underneath BTW). I made sure I was always ready to roll out from under the car very quickly!

Ground surfing in the backyard (I could feel the grounds squirming beneath me) during the larger aftershocks was also entertaining.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
10/17/12 1:07 a.m.

I had an RX7 up on stands in the street when Northridge hit. I was changing the clutch during the aftershocks. Hard to line up the tranny when the motor is a moving target.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
10/17/12 3:15 a.m.

I lived in Northridge during the Northridge quake. I think the epicenter was a couple of blocks from my house. My first earthquake and was a terrifying moment. Slow shaking then to a violent rumble...wow

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
10/17/12 7:25 a.m.

these never get old...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
10/17/12 7:51 a.m.

Earthquake?

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/17/12 10:15 a.m.

In reply to cwh:

LMAO, up to mid-5's have been occurring here in Indiana ever since I could remember and before my time......sure you're just not remembering?

Also, no drilling by us, that ended in the 30's here

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/12 10:35 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: LOL, Wally. I cant feel E36 M3 here except for the tractor trailers hitting the bump in the street.
Bah, you'll be under the Mississippi the next time the Madrid cuts loose anyways.....ill presume newengland is in a state of mass panic?

Mass is always in a state of panic

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
40kvfTpwJHFAWS5XL1t4eZNFOaorDcHvYEe5bC81gMunhZist3tYPO1sCIsfJlaO