1 2
volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
3/12/14 9:45 a.m.

I've used liquid nails to seal a sewer PVC pipe that some idiot decided to use as a drywall anchor stud.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
3/12/14 10:07 a.m.

Why not just get a soaker hose ?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/14 10:41 a.m.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/12/14 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Winner. Knead, stuff in holes, wait a few hours.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
3/12/14 11:41 a.m.

Fine thread self tap screws should work fine. bit of RTV might even be overkill.

I built a potatoe gun out of PVC for highschool physics (had an awesome teacher) and interference fit fine thread bolts into the PVC for the electrodes (ignitor).

The seal is good and they havent blown out through numberous hairspray or propane ignitions.

for a relatively low pressure application, I wouldnt be concerned about just zipping screws in and it would probably be less messy than gooping over the holes. Plus, would those products adhere through weather exposure and without some kind of etching?

spriteracer
spriteracer Reader
3/12/14 2:38 p.m.

What you want is a PVC saddle tap. It looks Ike a tee that has been split in half. Glue it on over the hole and you are good to go.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
3/17/14 2:35 p.m.

Regular SS screws into the existing holes slobbered with primer and PVC glue worked great!

But Tunawife says they look awful

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
3/17/14 2:51 p.m.

Define awful, considering available time, money and talent usually brings my ambitions back to a realistic level.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/14 3:00 p.m.

Women...can't please them

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/17/14 3:04 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Regular SS screws into the existing holes slobbered with primer and PVC glue worked great! But Tunawife says they look awful

Paint them. Done.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2GKVJsJxl4G6vrFrCZxeNhQ8T8FPRROYNpOpwFLTQbp2w3OiySON9ysR8hRp13X7