pigeon
pigeon Dork
3/2/11 3:42 p.m.

I don't understand the sickness some people have. Mom charged when son found burned in oven

"JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A Mississippi mother has been arrested in the death of her 3-year-old son after authorities say they found the child's burned body in an oven.

Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson said Wednesday that police found Tristan Robinson's body inside the electric oven at his mother's apartment shortly after midnight. Johnson says the child had been burned, but an autopsy was ordered to determine if he died before or after being placed in the oven.

Greenville Police Chief Freddie Cannon says 24-year-old Terrie A. Robinson has been charged with murder. The chief says she'll be arraigned Thursday in Greenville, a city of about 35,000 residents in the Mississippi Delta.

It wasn't immediately clear if she had hired a lawyer."

Then again, the first thing I thought of was this:

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
3/2/11 7:04 p.m.

She should be steralized, and her parents slowly killed.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
3/2/11 7:26 p.m.

Holy E36 M3. Doesn't matter if he died before or after, that is some kind of sick. I'm not sure there is a bad enough punishment available for this.

I (unfortunately) know a woman whose teenage son fell out of a Bronco and broke his leg. She waited TWO DAYS to take him to the hospital. I know the son pretty well, he's a good kid. With a mom like that, it pains me to think of what kind of chance he is going to have in life.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
3/2/11 7:28 p.m.

From the Minneapolis newspaper yesterday: a St. Paul woman who in November grabbed her 7-year-old daughter's ear with channel-lock pliers as punishment, pleaded guilty Tuesday in Ramsey County District Court to threatening to kill that daughter, her husband and two of their other children.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
3/2/11 9:10 p.m.
pigeon wrote: I don't understand the sickness some people have. Mom charged when son found burned in oven "JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A Mississippi mother has been arrested in the death of her 3-year-old son after authorities say they found the child's burned body in an oven. Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson said Wednesday that police found Tristan Robinson's body inside the electric oven at his mother's apartment shortly after midnight. Johnson says the child had been burned, but an autopsy was ordered to determine if he died before or after being placed in the oven. Greenville Police Chief Freddie Cannon says 24-year-old Terrie A. Robinson has been charged with murder. The chief says she'll be arraigned Thursday in Greenville, a city of about 35,000 residents in the Mississippi Delta. It wasn't immediately clear if she had hired a lawyer." Then again, the first thing I thought of was this:

People like that make me ashamed to walk upright...

Ever worry that our "Etch-a-Sketch" is about to be shaken HARD ??

Teqnyck
Teqnyck Reader
3/2/11 9:19 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I (unfortunately) know a woman whose teenage son fell out of a Bronco and broke his leg. She waited TWO DAYS to take him to the hospital. I know the son pretty well, he's a good kid. With a mom like that, it pains me to think of what kind of chance he is going to have in life.

Something like that happened to my cousin when he was 15. He was riding his dirt bike, took a spill and broke his arm. When he got back to the house, his parents told him to "be a man" and "tough it out".

Three days later it was four shades of purple and swollen like a summer sausage so they took him to this crappy little country clinic in the next town. They xray'd, said it's just a sprain and sent him home with prescription ibeprophin. Two days after that they called and told him to come back because they needed to put him in a cast immediately.

He had a full break of one bone, and a crack in the other.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
3/3/11 11:32 a.m.

Hansel and Gretel is NOT an instruction manual.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/3/11 1:45 p.m.

That's deeply horrible and sad. There's something badly broken in her head that no punishment can fix. This person needs to not ever be left to influence the lives of others again. The hard part is figuring out whether a prison or an asylum is more appropriate long-term storage. As laughable as the rehabilitation aspect of our criminal justice system is, "rehabilitation" seems like the wrong category; just unreasonably optimistic.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
3/3/11 2:06 p.m.

I nearly puked reading the OP. Clearly the woman is demented; there HAD to be some warning signs that someone noticed someplace that she wasn't all there. And they kept their mouths shut. An annanymous call to Child Services and maybe that kid would still be alive.

ransom's comment are spot on.

cardiacdog
cardiacdog New Reader
3/3/11 2:21 p.m.

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that some people are just berked up and no rational explanation for them exists. I agree with ransom that no "rehab" is going to "fix" their problems either. But how do we decide who is "rehab" material or not. That is the million $ question. Pedophiles just need to be put down in my opinion cuz they aren't fixable.

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
3/3/11 2:31 p.m.
Teqnyck wrote: Something like that happened to my cousin when he was 15. He was riding his dirt bike, took a spill and broke his arm. When he got back to the house, his parents told him to "be a man" and "tough it out". Three days later it was four shades of purple and swollen like a summer sausage so they took him to this crappy little country clinic in the next town. They xray'd, said it's just a sprain and sent him home with prescription ibeprophin. Two days after that they called and told him to come back because they needed to put him in a cast immediately. He had a full break of one bone, and a crack in the other.

My parents tend to do this alot, but to themselves- both for putting off seeing a doctor and having xray technicians who are incompetent. My mom broke her knee doing something stupid and went into the doc, got an xray, and he said it wasn't broken, she must've torn something. She then walked around on it for a month before going into a better doctor, and found out it was actually broken a month ago, but there's no point in getting crutches now!

As for me, if i tripped I was rushed to the doctor!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/3/11 3:16 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: From the Minneapolis newspaper yesterday: a St. Paul woman who in November grabbed her 7-year-old daughter's ear with channel-lock pliers as punishment, pleaded guilty Tuesday in Ramsey County District Court to threatening to kill that daughter, her husband and two of their other children.

I read that story when she first got arrested. That's some kinda brutal.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/3/11 3:30 p.m.

Here in SoFla this morning was a news bit that 2 kids had been found in luggage in a canal. 8 and 10yo or so. And the bug guy that killed one of his adopted kids and poured pesticides all over the girls brother. A special place in Hell awaits.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/11 6:52 p.m.
cwh wrote: Here in SoFla this morning was a news bit that 2 kids had been found in luggage in a canal. 8 and 10yo or so. And the bug guy that killed one of his adopted kids and poured pesticides all over the girls brother. A special place in Hell awaits.

i would gladly volunteer to help these people get there sooner.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
3/7/11 11:28 a.m.

to bad there is not such thing as a public hanging anymore..it really would solve a lot of crime these days.....the death pently should be used and not have to wait 15 years to off the sob.... and if nothing else offer one of these pyhcos in prison the job of being the top dog with giving him a gun with one bullet to kill these people with a slug to the back of the head if nothing else..wit would work and its cheap..

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/11 2:29 p.m.

This person is incredibly deranged. No one with a mind that functions would do this.

I'm sure this isn't the first time she's done something incredibly crazy. We need something other than law enforcement to deal with people who are truly unhinged.

A bit like that kid who shot up VA tech years ago. People like to say that more, or less, gun control would've helped. It might have. But how about acting on the data, reams of reports from years of past history, that he was just nuts. He was a timebomb waiting to go off. No one did, or could, act in time to stop what was obviously a very sick individual from committing a tragedy.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/11 2:40 p.m.

It seems every time I turn on the news one of these horrific stories of child abuse. I can't explain how much it sickens me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6cnlc3P0PalV7r5DWa0OrhU41WA0TunwB7CSPD8Wwl9zqjnaZMisaK0ly8U8Aj44