Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/7/12 7:43 p.m.

Mark Miller allegedly used sword, sandwich in Florida attack http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/mark-miller-allegedly-used-sword-sandwich-in-florida-attack#ixzz1zyxiWNcT

WINTER HAVEN, FL - A Florida man wound up in jail after he allegedly attacked three women with a 4-foot sword and a peanut butter sandwich, according to the Lakeland Ledger .

Deputies said it all began when Mark Christopher Miller heard a commotion outside his mobile home on U.S. 92 West.

He reportedly went outside, armed with a sword, and proceeded to threaten the three women, one of them pregnant.

At one point, he poked the sword at the pregnant woman's stomach and smeared another with the sandwich before deputies arrived an arrested him, according to the Ledger .

While being taken to the Polk County Jail, Miller, 50, ripped out some padding inside the patrol car with his teeth.

And

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48019937/ns/local_news-fort_myers_fl/t/man-arrested-peanut-butter-stabbing/

A man was arrested after deputies say he stabbed someone for feeding his dog peanut butter.

Detectives arrested John William Vargo, 35, in Port Charlotte.

According to deputies, Vargo said he threw an empty plastic peanut butter container at the victim and the victim punched him in the head.

Deputies say the victim got a baseball bat from his house and came out yelling at Vargo.

Deputies say Vargo and his girlfriend then walked down the street and called the CCSO at 3:26 a.m. to report a man chased him with a baseball bat.

Vargo told deputies he and his girlfriend were at a friend's house in the 21300 block of Gladis Avenue where the victim rents a room.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/7/12 7:47 p.m.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/7/12 8:05 p.m.

I wish I had a nickle for everytime I heard this : "Deputies said it all began when XXX heard a commotion outside his mobile home on . ."

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/8/12 2:22 a.m.

i didn't see any mention of bath salts or the word "zombie".. i am disappoint..

maybe they are banking on the other people having peanut allergies or something?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/12 5:44 a.m.

around here I would not be surprised... I think everyone is sick of peanut butter after this past week

cwh
cwh UberDork
7/8/12 9:26 a.m.

Ahh, Florida. It's an adventure!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/8/12 11:36 a.m.

I would smear peanut butter all over people and swing swords around (i.e. go nuts) if I lived where it was 110 all day long, too! Oh, and the hurricanes.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/8/12 11:59 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: I would smear peanut butter all over people and swing swords around (i.e. go nuts) if I lived where it was 110 all day long, too! Oh, and the hurricanes.

I live in Winter Haven. It's only 92 right now. I don't think it topped 98 yesterday. Hurricanes don't usually bother us much here in the middle of the state....except in 2004; that was weird...three of them hit us in one summer

Oh, and FWIW, I put peanut butter, applesauce and blueberries in a flour tortilla yesterday. Yummy

[edit - high of 96 yesterday: http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/33884]

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/8/12 12:53 p.m.
mobile home

shocking.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/8/12 12:56 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: i didn't see any mention of bath salts or the word "zombie".. i am disappoint.. maybe they are banking on the other people having peanut allergies or something?

Peanut butter is the zombie of peanuts.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/8/12 1:07 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
mobile home/tornado egg
shocking.

FTFY.

If the guy was arrested for smearing a peanut butter sandwich, well I guess he better be thankful he didn't use a ham and cheese instead. No telling what would have happened.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/8/12 1:37 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: i didn't see any mention of bath salts or the word "zombie".. i am disappoint.. maybe they are banking on the other people having peanut allergies or something?

definitely "or something"

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/9/12 1:24 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: I would smear peanut butter all over people and swing swords around (i.e. go nuts) if I lived where it was 110 all day long, too! Oh, and the hurricanes.
. I live in Winter Haven. It's only 92 right now. I don't think it topped 98 yesterday. Hurricanes don't usually bother us much here in the middle of the state....except in 2004; that was weird...three of them hit us in one summer Oh, and FWIW, I put peanut butter, applesauce and blueberries in a flour tortilla yesterday. Yummy [edit - high of 96 yesterday: http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/33884]

the only people i know that would eat something like that have really red eyes and think that legalizing hemp would be the greatest thing ever, man..

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/9/12 4:56 a.m.

Here's your exception....I don't do drugs....I don't even drink alcohol. (Yes, I do realize that I just admitted that I'm crazy enough to make a hood out of a water heater WHILE SOBER.) I will, however, wrap almost any food in a tortilla

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/9/12 10:04 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: I will, however, wrap almost any food in a tortilla

Who wouldn't?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
7/9/12 11:44 p.m.

Me! What a disgusting texture raw tortilla shells have. Blech!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kitOkYblL0QlEyR5BM7oZB9As69GXGkspaXpjNDD7E0ZKaHGNifWhDukR8O8dGpy