1 2 3 4 5
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 2:11 p.m.

Oh, and buy a seat on Mazda's board.

Then immediately release a Mazdaspeed2, a Mazdaspeed6, a MazdaspeeD6 (Big D for Diesel), etc, etc.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/28/12 2:15 p.m.

I would buy a minute's worth of commercial time during the Superbowl and use it for some personal use. Like, play some stupid Youtube video or play "Jimmy Carter Says Yes" for a minute straight

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 2:18 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I would buy a minute's worth of commercial time during the Superbowl and use it for some personal use. Like, play some stupid Youtube video or play "Jimmy Carter Says Yes" for a minute straight

All hail the hypnotoad!

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/28/12 2:22 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I would buy a minute's worth of commercial time during the Superbowl and use it for some personal use. Like, play some stupid Youtube video or play "Jimmy Carter Says Yes" for a minute straight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcAIPKLAx4&sns=em play that to the superbowl audience.......its more annoying to everyone than the hypnotoad could be. You could always have "Call me maybe" and "Friday" mixed into that to anger the rest of the people not offended yet

Disclaimer: Yes I know everything is wrong with that, but the mixing job is actually pretty good. So look at it with the humor in mind

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/28/12 3:56 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
wbjones wrote: remember you only get half the stated value if you take it in cash ... then the gument gets nearly half ... after that ..... me I'd keep a goodly sum to play rich dude with... give the rest to my broker ... you can find 3% tax free investment all day long ( higher if you look harder ) and live tax free for the rest of my life
It is 65%, and the highest tax bracket is 35%, so close, but not quite so bad as 1/4...

So basically the deductions can make the difference between 30% of the listed prize and 40% of it.....

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
11/28/12 3:56 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I'm still gonna have my "Luxury Car Demolition Derby". I get to use the Bentley Arnage, painted Kawasaki Green.

Put me in for a RR Phantom in Hello Kitty pink.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/28/12 4:06 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Done.

I will fit mine with Yosemite Sam mud flaps and glass packs.

RossD
RossD UberDork
11/28/12 4:10 p.m.

What? No diesel stacks?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/28/12 4:12 p.m.

My plan:

• Get the financial planning side of things figured out
  • Pay off house, wife's student loan and my mum's house
  • Buy an old house somewhere in the southern half of France, stash an old 911 there for when we are in Europe
  • Buy a nice shop building not too far away from our house and put a decent workshop in there. And a couple of nice cars
  • The go back to work on Monday, 'cos I like what I do
  • Stop griping about how expensive the spectator tickets at Pebble Beach are .
Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
11/28/12 4:13 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to mndsm: Done. I will fit mine with Yosemite Sam mud flaps and glass packs.

We're allowed to redneck up the cars before the derby!? I'll go with zoomies straight up through the hood, and those little orange lights they have on top of big trucks. And air horns. Chrome ones.

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
11/28/12 4:36 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

What part of a demo derby is't red neck?

Also, I will be arriving in a Hyundai Equus with some boost(Cheap but hey, not all of us can be Euro snobs) painted in Indian Truck driver livery.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/28/12 5:42 p.m.

i would buy my uncle a place out in the country, but i wouldn't tell anyone about it. probably an old farm or something.

Protege2886
Protege2886 New Reader
11/28/12 7:22 p.m.

1) Make sure my family is set. 2) Big house 3) of course, lots of cars

But I'd start a race engineering and Motorsports consulting company, start and sponsor a racing team, hire a winning driver and experienced engineers (both for company and team) and allow the racing to promote the business and the business fund the racing.

Boom.

I'd also have play dates with most of the girls in the "God Almighty!" Thread ;)

BoxheadTim
11/28/12 7:22 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i would buy my uncle a place out in the country, but i wouldn't tell anyone about it. probably an old farm or something.

Yeah, but don't Rush into it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 7:37 p.m.

I think I would disappear... I hear there are some islands for sale in the south pacific

BoxheadTim
11/28/12 7:43 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I think I would disappear... I hear there are some islands for sale in the south pacific

Not much of a car scene on those islands, I hear...

Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero)
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) HalfDork
11/28/12 7:44 p.m.

OMG that is brilliant!

11/28/12 7:49 p.m.

76 Lincoln town car with a nasty 7.3 powerstroke will be my DD

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/28/12 8:07 p.m.

I'd go visit my Dad.

Build an orphanage.

Give a heck of a lot away.

Quit wrenching.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/28/12 8:13 p.m.

I would buy a silo, turn the rest into gold coins, and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
11/28/12 8:21 p.m.
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) wrote: 76 Lincoln town car with a nasty 7.3 powerstroke will be my DD

Nice. I'm partial to Chevy/Pontiacs, myself.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/28/12 8:28 p.m.

First, take a lump sum. Screw that annuity thing. Hire accountants and lawyers to make it make money and hire some others to snoop on the first ones.

Then buy myself a mountain somewhere, circle it with road course asphalt and a bunch of dirt bike trails. Empty a KTM dealership into a huge shop I'd have out there. Then fill another shop with some racy machinery, I'd start with a brace of Elises, a brace of Evoras, then just whatever struck my fancy. The third shop would be my fab shop where I'd spend all my time building wacky fast machinery and restoring weird old cars/bikes/whatever struck my fancy this week.

House? Max out at 3k sq feet or so. I mean damn, how big does a house need to be? Of course this rule does not apply to the shops.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/28/12 8:33 p.m.

I would buy all the stuff to make ramen noodles look as tasty as they do on the package picture.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/28/12 8:47 p.m.

540 acres (1 square mile) build a track, nice house, huge garage, every tool possible, enjoy.....

Maybe a small vineyard....

11/28/12 8:48 p.m.
logdog wrote: I would buy all the stuff to make ramen noodles look as tasty as they do on the package picture.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pQsVtO2No3Jyaj3TbVQwlPUfDFOU5xpgtgxwEHajR7XRV7nBmipxZTFyUwvVhZvB