1 2
HunterJP
HunterJP GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/17 1:51 a.m.

Yes, when will you be here? The zoo and the Sac museum have been mentioned, so I think you get the point there. Are you a foodie? Lots of good food options. Midwest people are heavier for a reason. If you like craft beer, lots of great options there, too. Benson is a prime location to go to for that. If you are midtown, Crescent Moon has a decent selection of beers, and is within walking distance. There is an indoor kart track across the river in Council Bluffs. Joe's Karting. If you like basketball, you could probably catch a Creighton game at the Century Link center.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
2/21/17 9:42 a.m.

Alright, I'm back.

But it looks like basically everything has been covered... SAC museum and Zoo are the big ones. Food you'll find is numerous, but there's very few restaurants I've been really impressed with. Google Map's reviews don't really steer you wrong... just keep in mind this is Omaha and the citizens here have given Arby's 4.1 stars...

Surprising craft cocktail scene, though. Spirit World, Berry & Rye, Wicked Rabbit, Mercury, Grane would all be good places to start. Mula has a pretty established tequila collection. Haven't been impressed with Brickway.

Beer? Overall, avoid Upstream. Overpriced food, subpar beer. Crescent Moon has been mentioned, pretty fond of that place. Dundee and Benson are your better bets for local beers.

In fact, Dundee and Benson are probably where I'd find myself more than Old Market. Tons of above-average food there. And Beercade, which offers booze and a bunch of arcade games. Not bad, not bad. If the weather stays like it is, a nice little meal is Amsterdam Falafel & Kabob, then eCreamery for some ice cream. Cask Republic is right there too for a nightcap, but jury is still out on that place.

Omaha is like America's suburbs: not exactly a terrible place to be, but there's a reason nobody goes on vacation to the suburbs.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/21/17 9:47 p.m.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be trying some of them, for sure. I've got two weeks to kill.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/3/17 11:47 a.m.

Omaha is pretty impossible to navigate without a car

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
3/3/17 1:39 p.m.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/3/17 1:40 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Omaha is pretty impossible to navigate without a car

As are most cities between the Rockies and the Appalachian mountains.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ePTe3BfqOgHsUnvdlfK0HUSKOMWckBz11X00HkL5UviQVKpoJBrF1IrzikcL6WyQ