fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/7/17 1:53 p.m.

The time has come, this has been an awesome truck but I need a different truck for my needs now.

I have for sale a 1985 chevrolet suburban K20 with the Silverado package. This is originally a Texas trust and has very minimal rust. Floors are all original and there is no bondo on this truck all original panels, comes with dents and scratches from age but is overall very solid. I have owned this truck for the past several years and I knew the owners who had it before me for several years where it mostly sat in a barn, original owners were from texas. The only rust on it is on the passenger side rear where someone had backed a trailer into it causing a good size dent near the bumper but it has not rusted through and I have driven it during Michigan winters. Underneath has been over a gallon of bedliner to protect the metal and frame.

This truck shows 79k miles on it, but the odometer is only 5 digits. It was originally a diesel 6.2 but swapped with a GM performance aka GM goodwrench crate engine. It is rated at 260hp and 350tq with 4 barrel carb and manifolds. It has a new edelbrock carb and performer intake manifold. Less than 20k miles on the engine – I have paperwork to back up new engine. MANUAL transmission SM465 with creeper gear, top gear is 1:1 no overdrive 4x4 works flawlessly! It uses a Kenworth shift knob but the buttons do not do anything.

Here are the key details: • Full aftermarket autometer gauges

• Manual transmission

• New crate engine

o 4-bolt main with 2-piece rear main seal

o Cast iron crankshaft

o LT1/LT4 powdered metal connecting rods

o Cast pistons (dished)

o Cast Hydraulic flat tappet cam (.383''/.401'' and 112° lobe separation)

o 8.5:1 compression ratio

• 4.10 axle ratio with NP208 T-case w/ floor shifter and warn locking front hubs

• 14 bolt rear axle with locker

• 10 bolt front axle open differential

• Gas tank skid plate (Silverado package)

• Fully maintained, needs no fluids or u-joints or wheel bearings all done within the past 2 years

• Balljoints and suspension overhauled within the last 12 months

• Bilstein shocks

• New brakes all around (less than 1000 miles on them)

• Extra rust free tailgate w/o stickers

• Brake controller included

• 35” toyos all terrains are new (~15k miles)

• Serpentine belt swap (no more annoying V-belt whine

• Factory equipped hydroboost

• HD radiator (originally equipped for the diesel) with twin electric fans wired to a thermostat

• Hooker headers and custom mandrel bent true dual exhaust with real mufflers

• Recent tune up (cap/coil/rotor) and oil change

• Windshield replaced in 2014

• Upgraded washer pump for more capacity and higher volume

• New alternator and newish power steering pump, water pump, engine dampener

• CB radio with whip

Like I said this is a well maintained truck, all it needs is a 6” lift kit and this would be your ultimate off road vehicle.

Here are some starter pictures.

Here is the build thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1985-frankenburban-grassroots-hauler/58298/page1/

I will take some more later.

GRM price $4200 it goes up on craigslist this week. The truck is located NW of Detroit in Waterford MI 48328.

PM Me or email me at fidelity101@gmail.com for questions or offers.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/7/17 6:51 p.m.

Here are pictures of it as it stands right now. The front blanket is easily removable and is just a protective cover for the front seats, the condition of the front seats are the same as the rear.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/7/17 6:52 p.m.

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
2/8/17 10:06 p.m.

I like it, I had an 89 gmc 4x4

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
2/8/17 10:07 p.m.

I like it, I had an 89 gmc 4x4

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/12/17 10:02 a.m.

Not got a lot of attention on it which is strange because everywhere i go with it people love it and want it...

The price is too high? Looking for a quick sell:

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
2/13/17 11:02 p.m.

Ur in Michigan?

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/14/17 6:53 a.m.

GLWS. I wish I could. Passing along to a friend though.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/14/17 8:22 a.m.
plance1 wrote: Ur in Michigan?

Yup. waterford MI 48328

looking for a quick sale to someone who can enjoy it otherwise I'm holding out on local CL and facebook until tax refund time for a premium. This is a screaming deal! it is the ultimate grassroots motorsports hauler and I hope someone else gets good usage out of it too.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
2/16/17 10:05 p.m.

That's really cool. For some reason the pictures in the 2nd and 3rd posts aren't showing up for me.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
2/17/17 6:58 a.m.

Did you have this in the Atlanta High School parking lot for the Snodrift Rally? If so,my friends and I admired it.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/17/17 8:56 a.m.
pilotbraden wrote: Did you have this in the Atlanta High School parking lot for the Snodrift Rally? If so,my friends and I admired it.

Yes I did! I towed my rx7 up there from downstate. I was tempted to throw a for sale sign on it when I was there but I was so busy getting the car ready I did not bother with it.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/19/17 8:23 a.m.

Probably a stupid question, but I assume no A/C?

(all pics work for me)

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
2/19/17 8:35 a.m.

I love it and I'm local. I also assume it doesn't have A/C which is a deal breaker for my family.

Second and third pics are also not working for me.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/23/17 8:38 a.m.

Not sure why the pics are working or not working they are all hosted off of my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B055yI7T7f3GUmJSTFFxbFI1TU0?usp=sharing

there is no AC compressor installed. but the rear air blower motor works, condenser is still there just needs a few pieces to have functioning AC, its a 3500 dollar 30 year old chevy truck- what do you expect?

The no AC is not an issue because there is so much volume of air in there it takes forever to heat up and with the gloss white paint it reflects a lot of the light so it doesn't soak up the light/heat energy. Just park it under a tree when you are not using it.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
2/23/17 9:26 a.m.

We drove my wife's '91 up to Massachusetts last August, and the truck started overheating in the heavy traffic (clogged radiator) so we had to kill the A/C. It got...uncomfortably hot in there. No A/C would be a deal breaker for me on this, unfortunately.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/23/17 10:08 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: We drove my wife's '91 up to Massachusetts last August, and the truck started overheating in the heavy traffic (clogged radiator) so we had to kill the A/C. It got...uncomfortably hot in there. No A/C would be a deal breaker for me on this, unfortunately.

Heavy traffic and no AC is bad for anything... so I just don't drive it in traffic - this isnt going to be your every day vehicle.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
2/26/17 8:41 p.m.

Well... its on ebay now! http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252788957157?

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
3/5/17 12:56 p.m.

auction ends tonite!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TMCH9RaCh4oncm3rGr68jesqbRETs61UkjLPp14dCUphasixsA3hDqP8fZ8vOPgo