1 2 3 4
Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
2/14/22 5:37 p.m.

Now that's a nice house! Well done!

My son was born on 1/23, so I've told my wife I need to get an S123 in his honor. Tough finding one that's not over the moon in value.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/14/22 5:51 p.m.

Wonderful update!

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
2/14/22 6:01 p.m.

Very cool--congrats on the house!  Mos def have some garage envy . . .

mgfoster
mgfoster Reader
2/23/22 12:24 a.m.

Thanks guys! Definitely excited about it and proud of what we were able to build! 

Finally got my dream wheels, 16x8 and 16x9 Maxilite AMG Penta rep wheels. Put 205/55r16 and 225/50r16 on, and they fit very well. 

Front definitely needed to come down though,

Of course I fell for the classic "while you're in there" and upgraded to Gen 2 W126 brakes off a 560SEC as well as Bilstein HD's. Front brakes needed to be done anyway, but this upgrade didn't fit under the old 14" wheels. I cut 1.5 coils off the spring as well. 

Caliper to wheel clearance is TIGHT.

Fitment turned out pretty perfect, I may bring the rear down a hair in the future and potentially add a spacer.  

Drove the car around the North GA mountains and it is so so so much better to drive. Hardly any difference in ride, less body roll, and way more responsive/ precise steering. It will never be a Porsche, but it was tiring to drive before on anything other than a straight highway. 

Stay tuned for manual swap content!

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
2/23/22 4:43 p.m.

Definitely excited to see the manual swap happen. Since I'm feeling lazy, I discovered a company in the UK that offers adapter kits (with flywheels included) for a 37dz transmission out of a BMW that makes it fit to the OM617, and they even have kits for the OM60X series, which consequently will work for the M10x series of motors, too!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8B3mIaUrYkz1Al9Glm0CRN6Z7mkfCRExVvso6qvNb1PtcMbbOkqq2FQpkfaeL7RG