Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/5/23 8:30 p.m.

1997 Honda Civic CX, manual. 

266k Miles. 2-owner, 100% adult owned. Dealer maintained  until 2023 with full maintenance records back to new. 

Runs and drives great, ice cold AC. Would not hesitate to drive across country.  

Tasteful modifications all performed since May 2023: GSR integra seats, GSR integra wheels, Bluetooth stereo, new speakers, stainless steel exhaust, koni/tokico shocks w/ coilover sleeves. 

Asking $3900 obo. Located just outside of Cincinnati Ohio 

Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
9/5/23 9:51 p.m.

That the trim without power steering? My buddy bought one in early 2000's and I went with him to test drive it. He complained the power steering must be messed up. At the time I had a 96 Civic DX, so I said let me take a spin, see how it feels compared to mine. I said "man, feels like it has no power steering at all" and we pulled over and looked around under the hood to realize we couldn't find a power steering pump, nor any evidence one was ever there. 

He bought it, and after my FD RX7 met an untimely demise in a bean field, his got the black leather FD front seats.

Your car has brought back some fun car memories for me. Good luck selling! Sort of wish you were closer. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/6/23 5:18 a.m.

In reply to Spearfishin :

Yep, it's the trim with manual steering, locks and windows. Only had 2 speakers from the factory and no rear wiper. It's pretty spartan 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
9/6/23 6:57 a.m.

How is the ride with the suspension work you did?  Will it bounce over every pebble?  Any rust? 

Grecobeemer
Grecobeemer New Reader
9/6/23 8:18 a.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

Sounds like my first car. 1985 Dodge Omni. Did not even have speakers or radio as it was an ex-city use vehicle I believe. Loved that car.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/6/23 8:51 a.m.

Any interest in an e46 in trade? 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/6/23 9:02 a.m.

looks pretty clean for a Ohio car, GLWS

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/23 9:30 a.m.

I had a strange dream when I was 14 or 15 that I had bought one of these in red and had put white wheels on it. It was strange because at that point I had driven a car once or twice but I woke up feeling like I knew exactly what this car felt like to drive. 

This shape is so great.

GLWS!

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/6/23 9:46 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Fulfill the dream. Buy the car!

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/6/23 10:07 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Honestly, I've driven about 15 miles on the suspension, but it's pretty smooth. 
There are rust bubbles on the quarters and Ohio rust underneath. 

Its definitely an Ohio car that lived outside but it's not terrible 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/6/23 10:10 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Just looking to sell, buying another car and need the space

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/6/23 10:34 a.m.

No worries. GLWS, car looks great. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/6/23 8:21 p.m.

I had a 97 dx.  What a great car. I'd love another one. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/7/23 12:44 a.m.

No, I do not have a B18C stage 2 head, ecu, rc injectors, adjustable timing gears, type R trans, Si front bumper/fenders/headlights, identical GSR seats, S2000 steering wheel, RSB, etc. 

Why did I open this thread? I assumed it was already sold.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
9/7/23 6:11 a.m.

Amazingly good shape for an Ohio car.  It had challenge intentions until it's owner was reunited with a family foxbody that is minty.  Please carry the torch and put a snail on it with the vtec motor and head that could come with it for the right price.  Minty interior and can be a really nice lightweight cruiser for someone.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/7/23 6:37 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

It's still available....

but hopefully one of the folks lined up will leave with it 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/8/23 1:52 a.m.

Despite my parts stash, the timing isn't quite right. Plus, Mom says we already have VTEC at home (8th gen Si sedan with 222,000 miles).

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/8/23 4:05 p.m.

Sold 

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
9/8/23 4:37 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

I'm sitting here with a full k swap and multiple spare k engines thinking the same thing. I'm glad its sold already, but now I'm dreaming about getting another ek civic.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TVip8ZVWYNmfdVw3nKSjAcLOJKw87HSYhGT9XMEQtWbKN5I3Fuu6aUSMaNPAdY2B