Clay
Clay HalfDork
4/11/24 12:09 p.m.

2000 Miata Special Edition. 139k miles.

Rare maroon color, SE ground effects, 6 speed trans, tan leather interior, A/C, Factory LSD.

Titanium gray 949Racing 6UL wheels 15×8. Yokohama S-drive 205/55R15. Koni shocks. Cross-drilled rotors.

Mechanically solid. Previous owner put in all new suspension bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints. Aluminum radiator and aftermarket fans.

Timing belt replaced at 126,000 miles. New sealed battery 10 months ago. New soft top with plastic rear window installed 6 months ago.

Aftermarket LRB Aluminum panels on exhaust manifold, cowl, radiator, and under tray.

Nardi wood steering wheel and shift knob. Factory Bose CD player.

Cons:
Air bag light is on.
Drips a few drops of oil. 
Ugly paint, but looks good from 20ft. Failing clear coat, scratches, dings. Worn seat bolsters.
Not rust free, but the frame is solid. Some small rust spots on LH door and trunk lid. It was parked under a tree at some point in the past as there were leaves in the drains that I cleared.

Clean Florida title in my name, in my hand, ready to transfer.

I bought it from a local Miata club member about a year ago and I have not done anything to it except replace the top, replace cam cover gasket, and replace an A/C line with a pinhole. It was only driven every other weekend and I put less than 1000 miles on it. Only selling it because my son turned 16 and bought a RSX, so the Miata is taking up a much needed parking space in the garage. Top and Timing Belt done so no big maintenance needed any time soon.

Located in south Jacksonville, FL 32259.

I would much rather sell it here than FB, so I’m trying it here first. Planning to ask $5500 on FB, but willing to do $4500 for the GRM crowd.

DM me here on GRM or email me at claymclendon(at)hotmail.com (MIATA in the subject so I don't miss it) and we can exchange numbers if you are interested.

Clay

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/11/24 1:06 p.m.

This should sell quick! That is a beautiful car and a very fair price. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/11/24 1:09 p.m.

Dang, I just looked at my 240Z excel sheet totals to see I have $4900 invested into a titled and plated non-running car.  

This is a good deal. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
4/11/24 1:14 p.m.

looks fantastic! Would make for a good mini vacation/fly and drive!

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/16/24 8:38 a.m.

My favorite Miata body style.  Wish I had room for another car.  Good luck!  

bailion
bailion New Reader
4/16/24 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

That's still not too bad for a z car. I got mine for 4500 and by the time I actually got it out of the guys garage and into storage to work on it was over 5k easily. That was a few years ago and I doubt I could replicate that solid of a deal any more

bailion
bailion New Reader
4/16/24 8:46 a.m.

If I sell my NA here shortly I would make the trip down from atlanta and snag this. 

Clay
Clay HalfDork
4/16/24 7:05 p.m.

It's still available. I am not going to advertise  it anywhere else until I fix the slow leak in the AC line. Part arrives Thursday. 

504tgriffin
504tgriffin New Reader
4/20/24 5:50 a.m.

Looks like a lot of NB for the dough.  Nice car, my favorite SE.  Saw it on day 1, someone grab this!

talonian
talonian New Reader
4/20/24 10:12 a.m.

Sent you an email!

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/16/24 9:37 p.m.

Back on the market!

I wasn't real excited to sale the Miata before the Summer, so I never ended up putting it on FB and decided to enjoy it through the Summer. Now that school has started we are doing the garage shuffle every day and it's time to sale it and make some room. For real this time. I probably only put 200 miles on it all Summer (thanks to the Florida heat), but the time has come. Email me if interested. I'm not going to get it on FB marketplace until next weekend probably. 

Clay

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/24 10:36 p.m.

What is that filler panel above the radio?

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/17/24 12:04 a.m.

Previous owner put a wood panel with a magnetic phone holder. I'm assuming he made it himself. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/17/24 8:24 a.m.

Did you fix the AC?

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/17/24 10:12 a.m.

Yes. Replaced the hardline with the pinhole and recharged myself back in April, with no more leaks. Been working for months. Just tested and it is blowing 46F with 82F ambient. 

Milburn Emery
Milburn Emery New Reader
8/18/24 4:42 p.m.

Interested... I used to run Atlanta Region SCCA Solo2 and HDPE. But am not really looking for race car. Just a fun driver that runs well and has been well maintained.  Used to have a 2000 SE so am familiar with them.  Rust is a little worrying to me TBH...

Milburn Emery
Milburn Emery New Reader
8/24/24 7:45 a.m.

I dm'd you  here but got no answer. please DM an email to me...def interested if still available 

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/24/24 3:07 p.m.

Sorry I didn't respond. I can't seem to find DMs anywhere on here. You can email me at 

claymclendon(at)hotmail.com

I'll reply with my number so we can text or call if it's more convenient. 

Clay

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BG7pTJLuQVpSXr8SrgMMLbSZpm1QLSrzBGJ9CdvdF1OwMrUYAaLpUa4xBcufMoFs