1 2 3
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
11/28/13 2:29 p.m.

We just got an request for a tix package Thanks Karl cash or trade stickers or MGB car

crxmike
crxmike New Reader
11/28/13 5:32 p.m.

Question for those that did order GRM tickets- when do we receive the actual tickets? I ordered over phone in July and was told they would ship out later, but forget when that is.

Love our annual Daytona trip in bitter cold January.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/28/13 7:19 p.m.

usually after Christmas … where are you coming from ?

crxmike
crxmike New Reader
11/28/13 7:33 p.m.

Connecticut. This year, I escaped 8 degrees for 60-70s of Daytona.

TimM
TimM New Reader
11/28/13 10:31 p.m.

Happy Thanksgiving...any tickets available?

Thanks

Tim

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/29/13 6:56 a.m.

usually, if someone isn't able to attend, they will know by the first of the yr … some come available very late …. so all you guys hang in there

tickets to the event itself are still available .. just GRM and infield parking are gone

you might try the different car clubs and see if they have any left … don't know which ones have their own corral (I know Porsche does) don't know about the other fancy/smancy clubs …

biggest roadblock there is that you have to be driving one of their cars

otherwise just park outside the track, ride the shuttle in, and spend all the time you want at the GRM tent

crxmike
crxmike New Reader
11/29/13 9:48 a.m.

Question - we purchased three grm packages but will only use one parking pass. Is it frowned upon selling/gifting the other two parking passes? I know how big a deal the parking passes are and if that would relieve anxiety of those people that missed the sale, I would be happy to help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/29/13 10:02 a.m.

time for Margie to chime in …..

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/29/13 12:58 p.m.

I can't give you permission to resell those, since the track is actually who sells the tix and sets the terms. I can tell you, though, that all cars must have parking passes on them to be in our corral. We check for GRM Experience passes before we hand out the goody bags and dinner tickets, so from our end someone who only had a parking pass would be let into the corral, but wouldn't get those. Not sure if the track checks the ticket type against the parking pass before you make it to our gate in the infield.

Also, the track oversells the parking passes to our area on the theory that not every ticket will bring a car, so parking is not guaranteed in your ticket terms from them, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. This means the space you sell or give away may actually be your own.

Hope this nonanswer answers your question

Margie

crxmike
crxmike New Reader
11/29/13 2:14 p.m.

Thanks Margie for the info. I will keep all that in mind. Thanks for all that you do.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/29/13 4:19 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: I can't give you permission to resell those, since the track is actually who sells the tix and sets the terms. I can tell you, though, that all cars must have parking passes on them to be in our corral. We check for GRM Experience passes before we hand out the goody bags and dinner tickets, so from our end someone who only had a parking pass would be let into the corral, but wouldn't get those. Not sure if the track checks the ticket type against the parking pass before you make it to our gate in the infield. Also, the track oversells the parking passes to our area on the theory that not every ticket will bring a car, so parking is not guaranteed in your ticket terms from them, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. This means the space you sell or give away may actually be your own. Hope this nonanswer answers your question Margie

they do not …

if you get there early enough (say on Thur or Fri …early) all they check is your ticket (to ensure that you're supposed to be in the infield) after you're in you can attach the parking pass to the windshield and you should be good to go

but keep in mind that all regulations are subject to change at any time

cline
cline New Reader
11/29/13 10:27 p.m.

I'm looking for some tickets and/or Parking passes as well. Email me at clinehall@suddenlink.net! Thanks

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/30/13 7:15 a.m.

instead of waiting for him … if I were you, I'd be PM'ing crxmike …..

Karl La Follette
11/30/13 10:03 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: We just got an request for a tix package Thanks Karl cash or trade stickers or MGB car

Hit me up cash bonus for tix package FIA live linkage 6 hr bahrain

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
12/2/13 8:31 a.m.

In reply to crxmike:

Per the email that I got from the fine folks at the speedway: "Your tickets will be mailed 2-4 weeks prior to the event."

Karl La Follette
12/3/13 12:25 p.m.

Need one tix package After the first guy who posted paying cash or trade car parts or ? karl@btropical dot com

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
12/4/13 1:14 p.m.

I would love to purchase one or multiple parking passes for myself and my comrades. Please please please! Haven't been to a race in like 3 years. Leave has been approved. Need to go! Shut up and take my money!

TimM
TimM New Reader
12/5/13 9:50 p.m.

PM's sent...no luck.

Still requesting a ticket/parking pass.

What may be humorous is I ended up with an extra ticket last year and gave it to a coworker 2 days before the event.

Happy Friday.

Tim

skrzastek
skrzastek Reader
12/6/13 7:48 a.m.

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for 2 tickets and parking pass for 1st timers to the 24.......

Karl La Follette
12/6/13 9:25 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Need one tix package After the first guy who posted paying cash or trade car parts or ? karl@btropical dot com

1-352-795-junk

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
12/6/13 12:20 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I would love to purchase one or multiple parking passes for myself and my comrades. Please please please! Haven't been to a race in like 3 years. Leave has been approved. Need to go! Shut up and take my money!

See last line.

Karl La Follette
12/10/13 8:00 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote: Need one tix package After the first guy who posted paying cash or trade car parts or ? karl@btropical dot com
1-352-795-junk

Throw in GRM shirt new in bag not one I have stunk up

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/10/13 8:07 a.m.

Karl, you need parking pass only or whole package?

TimM
TimM New Reader
12/10/13 8:12 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

I could use either...prefer the whole package...tmcarthursathotmaildotcom

Thanks!

Karl La Follette
12/17/13 7:55 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote:
1-352-795-junk
Throw in GRM shirt new in bag not one I have stunk up

2 grm shirts

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cG0k5I8pMYgfuXopqLoA3ISlUmnC3HlzgYWMhPG7APK4yV5pX3LPnRF6QHvNEECG