1 2 3
gamby
gamby UltimaDork
12/16/13 2:51 p.m.

Considering a Civic Si was $18k with similar performance 15 years ago, that's a smokin' deal. Cheap fun IMHO.

wspohn
wspohn Reader
12/18/13 4:35 p.m.

I want a 500 with a Cobalt SS drive unit stuffed in with around 350 BHP!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/18/13 5:27 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Powar wrote:
Mitchell wrote: Yeah, I did; I could definitely feel the changes. This dealer had a few on the lot for about $18k. Considering what else that money gets you, it doesn't seem like a terrible deal for a new car with sporting intentions.
$18k? For an Abarth? Were they used?
Nope, new. Leftover '13s. http://iphone.fieldsfiatorlando.com/index.htm#new_p_2FFIAT_p_2F2013-FIAT-500-144dbfb20a0a0049760199207c5db1f2_p_2Ehtm Edit: just saw that my link refers to one for about 20k; you'll have to search their inventory.
'13s are going for $16-17k new here in Baltimore. Not a bad price for a fun little car. http://www.heritagefiat.com/new-cars/all-years/fiat/500/abarth/mk-62/rows-10/index-1/sort-price-asc/pricefield-internetprice/t-30214/

Holy living tar is that cheap. Like buy it and mod the living tar out of it and damn the consequences cheap. I had the local dealer down ~2.5K on one half a year back but almost 26% off sticker on those makes me want one very badly.

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/18/13 6:15 p.m.

wouldn't be caught dead in a car charlie sheen drives

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/19/13 8:50 a.m.
plance1 wrote: wouldn't be caught dead in a car charlie sheen drives

I always let other people's actions and opinions dictate my automotive decisions.

That's how I ended up with a Miata, Saabs, a Fiat, etc.

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/19/13 11:50 a.m.
Powar wrote:
I always let other people's actions and opinions dictate my automotive decisions. That's how I ended up with a Miata, Saabs, a Fiat, etc.

Sorry, the arbarth or whatever it is is lame. You're either a girl or like charlie, on drugs if you like it.

jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/19/13 11:56 a.m.
plance1 wrote: Sorry, the arbarth or whatever it is is lame. You're either a girl or like charlie, on drugs if you like it.

Never thought I'd see this on the forum where "Miata" is the answer to every question...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
12/20/13 3:56 p.m.

I really didn't need to see that link to the Baltimore Fiat dealership.

SWMBO is talking about taking over payments on my Mazda...

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/20/13 6:04 p.m.
plance1 wrote:
Powar wrote:
I always let other people's actions and opinions dictate my automotive decisions. That's how I ended up with a Miata, Saabs, a Fiat, etc.
Sorry, the arbarth or whatever it is is lame. You're either a girl or like charlie, on drugs if you like it.

Hmm, mighty short sited view you have there. Im neither female, charlie or on drugs and I like mine just fine. Luckily someone else's ill informed opinion on what I drive means little.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
12/20/13 6:30 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Just the guy I was hoping would chime in! How's life with the mad little Fiat treating you?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/21/13 12:28 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote: In reply to JThw8: Just the guy I was hoping would chime in! How's life with the mad little Fiat treating you?

36k on it in the first year, still a hoot to drive. On the 2nd set of tires now. No issues, just oil changes every 8k and rock on. I'll blow through the factory warranty this year and then probably spring for a piggyback computer to boost it to 180-190hp and over 200lb ft of torque ;) Its already perfectly fast enough, so with an addition it should be overly insane.

Really as sacrilegious at it may be to say around here, its way more fun to drive than any of the 4 miatas I owned (NAs and NB)

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/21/13 11:39 a.m.

The dealers in Chicago aren't really discounting them on-line much.

http://www.fiatusaoftinleypark.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-211e677b0a0a00de0043893534b1c360.htm

If this doesn't fuel your fire then your woods wet.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/21/13 11:56 a.m.
Really as sacrilegious at it may be to say around here, its way more fun to drive than any of the 4 miatas I owned (NAs and NB)

I totally believe that. Were any of yours turbo, though?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/21/13 12:35 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: The dealers in Chicago aren't really discounting them on-line much. http://www.fiatusaoftinleypark.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-211e677b0a0a00de0043893534b1c360.htm If this doesn't fuel your fire then your woods wet.

Guess my wood's wet. They just don't do anything for me.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
12/21/13 12:35 p.m.
plance1 wrote:
Powar wrote:

Sometimes people try to say funny things and they just come out dumb and mean.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/21/13 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

Would I buy one? No. I'm not in the $23,000+ small toy car league.

I need a big car as we are "big" people and I need my cars to be more practical.

Would I like to trash around one for a week or two? Yes!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/21/13 1:16 p.m.

Actually I was excited to find a spot to use my "your woods wet" comment.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
12/21/13 2:59 p.m.

There is a large guy here in key west with a black one and makes all sorts of awesome noises. He always flies by me while riding my bike home and I enjoy. $17k from a Fields dealership in Central Florida is amazing in itself. Especially for a new vehicle. I'd have a hard time purchasing an Italian car made in Mexico that Osterkrout drives too. If I had no space needs and needed a cheap sporty car this would be in my to look at list against the Fiesta ST.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
12/21/13 3:49 p.m.

No need to be berkeleying rude about it. It either rocks your boat, or it doesn't.

There are cars I like better, but I enjoyed the hell out of the week I spent with it. Lots of torque steer though, and hang on tight if you brake at speed. Sounds like dinosaur sex.

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
12/22/13 2:10 p.m.

A couple posters were describing their 'friends' who've had issues with their Abarths. a little old urban legend perpetuation? Checked the .gov site that deals with recalls. For a new product, the 500 is doing exceptionally. A few cars (and Dodges with the same engine) were assembled with bad brake fluid. A few cars had airbag issues (not uncommon, a specialized subcontractor device) and a few a cruise control problem. Nothing else.

calteg
calteg Reader
12/22/13 3:35 p.m.

Not to add fuel to anyone's fire, but '13 Abarths with a few thousand miles on them are still doing $18,000 at dealer auctions. A brand new one for $17,000 is a heckuva deal

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/23/13 7:52 a.m.

If Abarths had been under $20k when I bought my base model 500, I wouldn't have bought the base model.

Yavuz
Yavuz Reader
12/23/13 9:19 a.m.

The dealer in MD selling them for $17k may not actually be selling them for $17k. I emailed a salesperson on Thursday last week who mentioned the price included stuff like military discounts, student discounts, lease conquests, and various other promotions most people probably wouldn't qualify for. I am still interested in one so I gave them the VIN of the car I would trade and was told I'd get a call or email back the next morning...

And nothing. I've emailed back twice and still haven't heard anything. I was considering an Abarth when I bought my Mazda2, but the local dealer was selling them at MSRP and I didn't think it was worth the $23k. It's a steal at $17k though.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
12/23/13 11:43 a.m.

In reply to Yavuz:

That's pretty much what I was expecting. Ah well, saves me a trip.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
12/23/13 1:26 p.m.

I just got a flier in the mail from the local Fiat dealer. Abarths are shown "from $17,999" .

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mPlv9e3kZ3d8XfB9DuRa2NLF2YhMw89LwkybgVmsM6B4fbdfnm9RtiPPh53lwLZ6