1 ... 6 7 8
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/19/19 4:10 p.m.

The county I'm in right now has 8200 residents. Whole county. I'm 12 miles from a Chevy dealer. Closest Mazda dealer is two hours. I think there is a Porsche dealer within 6 hours. Alfa? I don't even know. Maybe this is an old way of thinking that doesn't really matter, but it would make life a lot easier. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/19/19 5:09 p.m.
pheller said:

Hellcat Redeye is $73,000 and does the 1/4 in 11.8. Widebody is now about the same price and will do it in 10.9. The Demon did it in 9.6 (but really its just a factory drag car.) 

I'd have a hardtime believing that buyers cross shopping American muscle will choose a hopped up Challenger who's base price (in V6 form) almost dips under $20,000k over a mid-engine Corvette that looks like an American Ferrari - especially when they will be so close in performance. 

If Ford was smart, they'd figure out how to put V8, 6spd Mustangs into the hands of more people. $40k for a GT V8 Performance package? I might as well just splurge and pay a few extra bucks per month for the Corvette. Nah, Ford needs a $25k V8 GT. 

I have a feeling the new Ferravette is going to reset a lot of peoples budgeting for a sports car. 

The difference in payments between a $40k and say $65k (based on the price of the current Z51 package):

$40k @ 4% for 60 months = $737/month............before we get to insurance, maintenance, etc.

$65k @ 4% for 60 months = $1,197/month

I don't think nearly $500/month is just "a few more bucks."

And you can 'last year's model Base GT, V8, manual, under $30k all over the the country. So if $25k is just a few more bucks, $4k is pocket change. devil

Will
Will UltraDork
7/19/19 5:26 p.m.

Wrong thread.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/19 5:47 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The county I'm in right now has 8200 residents. Whole county. I'm 12 miles from a Chevy dealer. Closest Mazda dealer is two hours. I think there is a Porsche dealer within 6 hours. Alfa? I don't even know. Maybe this is an old way of thinking that doesn't really matter, but it would make life a lot easier. 

Similar situation here, but I have to drive 4+ hours to get to Mazda. The ease of service is actually one of the pluses of a LS Miata versus a turbo four - despite the fact that it's more heavily modified, it can be easier to get parts for the mutant.

However, that may or may not be of any value. Ever ask a GTR owner what it's like getting their car serviced at a Nissan dealership? That's a more complex car than the Corvette which is a fairly familiar thing if you pretend the engine is under the hood instead of in the back seat, though.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hd3g3OoivXlPF9OAZTOilICtm7eG6g5NWEYQObOe6sbqiBDFjeTLKUbaqLJeIGdA