1 2
accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
6/29/24 1:11 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

I sold mine before it was too old - so may have missed some fun, but I loved my little 1.4T Cruze Eco, incredible fuel economy from the little thing.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/29/24 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Wow. That sounds...

terrible.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/29/24 4:35 p.m.
Peabody said:
Streetwiseguy said:

They are the only engine on the planet that I rank below the GM 1.4T.

I assume you're talking about the first gen 1.4T, but other than the PCV setup that has 100% failure rate, and the fact that they're not very smooth, what else is wrong with them?

I do recall how much you like the Cruze

I hate leaky things.  I hate rattly thrashy things.  I hate every timing chain General Motors has ever installed in any overhead cam motor they have ever built.

And I'm the guy making money replacing all the fragile, under engineered parts.  It just galls me to know exactly what is wrong before I open the hood.

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
6/30/24 10:14 a.m.

I'd rather just have a ~130hp in-line 4. The one in the Scion xD I drive is fine enough. And there are many others. It's not like it's hard to make that kind of power. I got captured by the idea of something tune-able and cool, but I don't like the stupid design. The GM 1.4T doesn't sound great either. 

I really question if they are even making better MPGs. Mazdas SkyActive 2.0 was getting around 40 IIRC when it first came out, and had something like 150hp.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0957mwwMHvSavfMWaxareZo58ikZ5sPG1BRII0Ip7RXyLWynLT2O4FqgxW8wMQYT