1 2 3
rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
2/25/09 7:21 p.m.

I like it.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/25/09 7:29 p.m.
petegossett wrote: That Beetle was called "Death". There's some cool pics & vid of the build online. It sounds badass too.

Google is failing me. As a hot rod lover and great dane owner, I would love to see some more pics. Would you mind throwing a link my way? I'd appreciate it!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/25/09 7:44 p.m.

I just read the title of this thread as "Feel my weird things." Good thing I clicked to uh, "check and make sure nothing weird was going on"...

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
2/25/09 8:17 p.m.

There's 14,000 people on the HAMB that hate you.

Luke
Luke Dork
2/25/09 10:15 p.m.

That hot rod is ridiculous and awesome.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/26/09 4:28 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
petegossett wrote: That Beetle was called "Death". There's some cool pics & vid of the build online. It sounds badass too.
Google is failing me. As a hot rod lover and great dane owner, I would love to see some more pics. Would you mind throwing a link my way? I'd appreciate it!

I don't have a link handy, but you might want to search for it over on volksrods.com

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
2/26/09 7:59 a.m.

that thing is magically delicious

nervousdog
nervousdog New Reader
2/26/09 8:18 a.m.

It's not wrong for you to love it. The only thing I see wrong is it's missing a supercharger.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/26/09 8:32 a.m.

Here ya go Poop, a little kerosene for the fire.

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/31pancake/index.htm

minimac
minimac Dork
2/26/09 8:42 a.m.

Pancake is cool, but lose the skank. You couldn't drive anything close to that around here-the potholes(the road kind, not the smokers) would gobble it up.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
2/26/09 8:43 a.m.
nervousdog wrote: It's not wrong for you to love it. The only thing I see wrong is it's missing a supercharger.

And zoomie headers.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/26/09 9:19 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/26/09 9:21 a.m.

Four car parts and four wheels do not a car make.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
2/26/09 9:41 a.m.

How could that be wrong?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/26/09 9:58 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Four car parts and four wheels do not a car make.

But it doth cool to look at make. IMO. The 31's hot, but so are the other thousand rods that look egg-zachary like it.

petegossett
2/26/09 10:32 a.m.

Here's the "Death" build: http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1463

petegossett wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
I don't have a link handy, but you might want to search for it over on volksrods.com
Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/26/09 10:44 a.m.

That's from KCW? Holy crap, I drive past that every day on the way to work. Someone's getting a visit.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
2/26/09 10:48 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
But it doth cool to look at make. IMO. The 31's hot, but so are the other thousand rods that look egg-zachary like it.

Yeah, but my thing about not having a certian style Rat Rod becuase there are others like it is the same kind of lame reasoning to have one becuase everyone has it. Build/drive what you want regardless of what is out there. I mean how many E30s, Miata's and CRX's are running around, but the cars are still prettty cool.

Well except for Miata's, but thats not the piont.

petegossett
2/26/09 11:58 a.m.
Keith wrote: That's from KCW? Holy crap, I drive past that every day on the way to work. Someone's getting a visit.

Wonder what they'd do with your Miata? It would probably be 6" tall by the time they were done!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/26/09 12:03 p.m.
petegossett wrote: Here's the "Death" build: http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1463
petegossett wrote:
dyintorace wrote:

Dear god, that's awesome.

alfadriver
alfadriver Reader
2/26/09 12:14 p.m.
Mental wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Yeah, but my thing about not having a certian style Rat Rod becuase there are others like it is the same kind of lame reasoning to have one becuase everyone has it. Build/drive what you want regardless of what is out there. I mean how many E30s, Miata's and CRX's are running around, but the cars are still prettty cool. Well except for Miata's, but thats not the piont.

To go on a theme- how about finding a ratty E30, Civic, or CRX, and CHOPPING it??? That could be darned cool, if done well.

We've had rough plans on chopping a Giulia Sedan for a couple of years. I think a chopped BMW would be pretty darned cool.

There's also a guy who took a Giulia Super body (four doors), and made it into a sedan. Looked sharp. And the same guy grafted a Toyota mini PU bed onto a Super as well, for a neat pit truck.

Still.

Chopped Civic (looking at bravenrace's on Readers ride now...) Chopped BMW.

There are a LOT of modern cars out there that would look pretty cool chopped. Or even (dare I propose it) channeled.

Mr. Brown- chop and channel a Mustang onto a Miata.... :)

Eric

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/26/09 12:42 p.m.
petegossett wrote: Here's the "Death" build: http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1463

Thanks. That is amazing. I truly wish I had fab skills like that.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/26/09 1:22 p.m.

PS: Personally, I don't think I would've touched the sander. Patina FTW!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/26/09 1:25 p.m.
To go on a theme- how about finding a ratty E30, Civic, or CRX, and CHOPPING it??? That could be darned cool, if done well.

Ssshhhhhh. Rumor has it that someone will be bringing a chopped, rat-rod inspired, modern something to the Challenge this year, and said someone has completed a record amount of work on it already.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
2/26/09 2:46 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Thanks. That is amazing. I truly wish I had fab skills like that.

Three months and it was ready to roll. Helluva job! I liked the Mark I fuel tank, only 4 gallons but you could take it out and carry it to the gas station!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pdGHUCRrBxAcRZybBEtNz5wqxpU2tlcIiyo3uttqkAaWaSOV5nyuYjAoQW2zL0En