1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43
Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
6/22/10 1:13 p.m.

I would like to get in on this fun! I have been away from the country for awhile, but I am back and playing Forza.

Glenn H II (ii) on XBL

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
6/22/10 1:24 p.m.

I'm going to put a car together tonight, get a few laps in, and I'll finally be able to join you guys for a race tomorrow (unless I end up going karting...)

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
6/22/10 1:31 p.m.

I like this one so far. I keep landing the 510 on its roof. Still need to try the elan, 2000gt and skyline - I'll be on later tonight (colonel tommy).

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/22/10 1:43 p.m.

Yeah, I haven't built a car for these specs yet, but a 914 or Lotus Elan are likely candidates.

I also have a sweet BRE-liveried 510...

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
6/22/10 4:13 p.m.

My gamer tag is GI_Drewsifer. Let me know whats going on!

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
6/22/10 4:56 p.m.

I have been toying with a gulf liveried 240Z... I'm not sure if its fast enough for the big tracks like the nurburgengernergerbner ring

Maybe if I spent less time painting it and more time tuning it....

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/22/10 5:19 p.m.

I may have the track list up tonight. gimme a couple hours.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/22/10 6:17 p.m.

Hey, if i could get some lap times from you guys and if maroon 92 is cool with it, ill look into how to make some old v8 cars even up for some racing like the old BTCC mini-vs-mustang stuff.

You know, prob something like 425PI for under 2.5L and 380PI for over 5L. I'd leave out the middle L engines because stuff like the big porsches and Ferraris would be ringers.

I like to test at the long Road Atlanta track, So fast times for there would be best. And also, if your cool with it, maroon let me know how close you want the times.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
6/22/10 6:33 p.m.

You're not the only one Tom........ I may be rocking this unless I get another car ready.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/22/10 8:03 p.m.

I have a Shelby 2000GT that I built about a month ago.

Ironically, I just bought the BBS RKs for my Supra that were on the 2000GT. It is the little things that make me laugh.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
6/22/10 8:57 p.m.

That was fun guys, thanks for the invite. I guess the next thing I need to get is a headset so I can communicate with everyone (and some skills too )

PS: I wasn't trying to drive like an ass, cars don't like going straight after you miss part of the track and run head on into a wall at 90 mph.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/22/10 9:07 p.m.

I definitely did NOT have enough rear downforce for that Tsukuba race. I spun coming out of 1, and that lost me the race...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/22/10 9:13 p.m.

definitely going to have Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, Suzuka, Barcelona, N-ring, and LeMans Old Mulsanne Straight Version.

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
6/22/10 9:19 p.m.

When does the next series start? And what will the rules be?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/22/10 10:33 p.m.

Sorry I didn't join you guys tonight. I had the last race of the "season" for another board of guys that run Forza.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/22/10 11:37 p.m.

All yas who have been playin. I have been away from the forum, but feel free to add. me XBL Handle is "N Sperlo"

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/22/10 11:49 p.m.

Stupid work, i keep missing em

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/23/10 12:02 a.m.

In reply to BobOfTheFuture:

I work 2p-10p Central so im online after work until around 2a. Feel free to jump in my party and we can roll.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/23/10 12:28 a.m.

Okay, I'm in. I literally just popped the game DVD in for the first time tonight, but I think I'm making the adjustment from iRacing alright (basically now I can hit more stuff).

I'll probably wait until the last minute to build a car, since I need to make some $$ first.

Also, can someone with a little knowledge impart their wisdom on the vinyl maker. Is there any way I can upload logos, or do I have to make everything from scratch with that awful interface?

I've also noticed that the guys with the worst knockoff GRM logos are charging the most for them, which makes me chuckle for some reason. There's a few good ones up there, though, so props to whoever did those.

jg

P.S. XBL tag is JGPasterjak

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/23/10 1:08 a.m.

Cant load. Just use what they give ya.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/23/10 2:46 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Okay, I'm in. I literally just popped the game DVD in for the first time tonight, but I think I'm making the adjustment from iRacing alright (basically now I can hit more stuff). I'll probably wait until the last minute to build a car, since I need to make some $$ first. Also, can someone with a little knowledge impart their wisdom on the vinyl maker. Is there any way I can upload logos, or do I have to make everything from scratch with that awful interface? I've also noticed that the guys with the worst knockoff GRM logos are charging the most for them, which makes me chuckle for some reason. There's a few good ones up there, though, so props to whoever did those. jg P.S. XBL tag is JGPasterjak

I can gift you whatever car you need for this series if you want.

My friend Cheeto23 has some pretty good logos on his storefront as well.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/23/10 3:29 a.m.

Alrightm add me sperlo, GT- BobOfTheFuture

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/10 7:15 a.m.

I built a 510 last night that's ready to mix it up with other back-markers. Just let me know when and where.

GT - GimpTZT

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/23/10 7:39 a.m.

start on Thursday at 9?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/23/10 8:10 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I can gift you whatever car you need for this series if you want. My friend Cheeto23 has some pretty good logos on his storefront as well.

Yeah. Cheeto's were probably the best. There were a couple that really cracked me up, though. Like, if I ever see a Chinese knock off of the magazine at a dollar store, those will be the logos on it.

I imagine I'll have enough to put together a ride by tomorrow night if I cherry pick a couple series. 914/6s seem to be a bargain.

Can we get a single post with all the official specifics (rules, cars, tracks)?

jg

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GBQ15bcv4t7SPuBtBWwJKdSwt31gcwbwNGHZiSJPcKLXHuKXPF9QbDlfNiAeuC3k