yamaha SuperDork
1/20/13 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

I'm in the same boat with you......stroker, keep up the good work at midway

stroker
stroker Dork
1/20/13 4:49 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
stroker wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Ask him if he knows what paranoid means. That doesn't mean the black helicopters aren't still on the way, though.
All of the people I work with are buying guns and ammo right now. I learned my lesson a few years ago during the "their gonna take our weapons scare - 2009". I will patiently wait for "normal" prices again.

That's what I would do, but I'm sure they're going to get SOMETHING through Congress. Let's hope they do another 10 year sunset provision.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/20/13 5:02 p.m.
stroker wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Stroker, where are my mags I ordered two months ago?
Berkeley you. Depending on which magazines you ordered, I'm told they had (at one point) up to 37,000 on backorder. What I found incredible was that they were sold out of 30-30 ammunition. That staggers me.

I wont be surprised until 10mm ammo sells out.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/20/13 5:09 p.m.

In reply to stroker:

Meh, I am not so worried about congress getting another AWB or mag capacity. Not to get political about it, but even the side that is not known for being gun lovers but they have to get reelected. Gun owners are not just on one side of the aisle.

stroker
stroker Dork
1/20/13 10:54 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
stroker wrote:
Berkeley you. Depending on which magazines you ordered, I'm told they had (at one point) up to 37,000 on backorder. What I found incredible was that they were sold out of 30-30 ammunition. That staggers me.

THREE (as in 1-2-3) sku's in stock. It's effectively sold out.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/20/13 11:07 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I wont be surprised until .17 ammo sells out.

FTFY

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/20/13 11:28 p.m.
stroker wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
stroker wrote:
THREE (as in 1-2-3) sku's in stock. It's effectively sold out.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/21/13 5:45 a.m.

Great. More fuel for the "ARs are too dangerous for the public" crowd

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/teenager-allegedly-fatally-shoots-five-in-albuquer

mpolans
mpolans Reader
1/21/13 8:10 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
stroker wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Ask him if he knows what paranoid means. That doesn't mean the black helicopters aren't still on the way, though.
All of the people I work with are buying guns and ammo right now. I learned my lesson a few years ago during the "their gonna take our weapons scare - 2009". I will patiently wait for "normal" prices again.

Yeah, but what about the "their gonna take our guns and hi-cap mags" scare of 1994? That one lasted a decade.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
1/21/13 8:14 a.m.

Had a chance to shoot this bad boy yesterday. No recoil. Very VERY heavy. Very VERY loud. See the finger off the trigger? That's gun control...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/21/13 9:03 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: Great. More fuel for the "ARs are too dangerous for the public" crowd http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/teenager-allegedly-fatally-shoots-five-in-albuquer

Everybody cover your eyes. it contains pictures like this:

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/21/13 9:08 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Lets keep an eye out for ammunition to return to post panic levels. Post any good links plz

Walmart prices are still "normal" when they have inventory. One of the 4 local WM's near me had 400 rds of .45acp in stock. Too bad I'd just spent all my money on wheels. Damnit... I need to limit myself to one hobby at a time!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
1/21/13 9:14 a.m.

I have had an epiphany:

Dianne Feinstein = Pink's mother from The Wall .

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/21/13 11:10 a.m.
mpolans wrote:
Anti-stance wrote:
Yeah, but what about the "their gonna take our guns and hi-cap mags" scare of 1994? That one lasted a decade.

Not to get too political but that congress could have passed just about anything they wanted. This congress is struggling with every bill.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
1/21/13 11:30 a.m.

Was just at our local "Hunting/fishing/carhartt cloting" joint, looking for a safe.

Cruised the gun counter, and holy berkeleying E36 M3 box was it crowded...at 11AM on a Monday.

They had their usual supply of handguns and shotguns, but I didn't see a single rifle. I've never bought ammo there, but there was a lot of grumbling and "backorder" overheard.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/21/13 1:38 p.m.

Gun-Control related news, Vermont legislature will pull their gun-control/AWB from consideration. http://www.wcax.com/story/20637428/gun-control-bill-shot-down-in-montpelier

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/21/13 9:04 p.m.

I thought this thread would be a good place for this. On Jan 7 a local school hired a retired deputy/NRA instructor as an armed guard. Jan 14 he leaves his gun in the bathroom and a visitor turns it in. The article says the solution is to put a lockbox for firearms in the bathroom. I can only imagine the fun national news would have with this.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/21/13 9:36 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
JoeyM wrote: Great. More fuel for the "ARs are too dangerous for the public" crowd http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/teenager-allegedly-fatally-shoots-five-in-albuquer
Everybody cover your eyes. it contains pictures like this:

A nice walnut thumb-hole stock would get rid of most of the ugly.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/21/13 9:40 p.m.
logdog wrote: I thought this thread would be a good place for this. On Jan 7 a local school hired a retired deputy/NRA instructor as an armed guard. Jan 14 he leaves his gun in the bathroom and a visitor turns it in. The article says the solution is to put a lockbox for firearms in the bathroom. I can only imagine the fun national news would have with this.

Dropped a load?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/21/13 9:57 p.m.

How the hell can someone be that dense? Oh wait, LEO's in my area seem to do this all the time when they want the newest glock variant.

logdog
1/22/13 5:48 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

Well, it was "unloaded"

logdog
1/22/13 5:48 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

Well, it was "unloaded"

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/22/13 7:18 a.m.
logdog wrote: I thought this thread would be a good place for this. On Jan 7 a local school hired a retired deputy/NRA instructor as an armed guard. Jan 14 he leaves his gun in the bathroom and a visitor turns it in. The article says the solution is to put a lockbox for firearms in the bathroom. I can only imagine the fun national news would have with this.

Simple answer.. Don't unholster your berkeleying weapon. It's not hard to avoid even if your equipment is just OK. And why wasn't it loaded? What good is an empty weapon?

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/22/13 7:24 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: And why wasn't it loaded? What good is an empty weapon?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/22/13 7:31 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Hey! How'd you get a picture of me?!

1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4TQnzKDjhCIGHegX7DbdZVjJPCCEXaZ6HQUBxTBu4F06XNk86Uw5UegvdN8o0rGD